EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: WELP
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 07-07-2011 03:56:18 PM
Let's catch up. We never talk.

How are you doing?

Is it hot where you live?

Parce said he would come visit me and he hasn't. What should I offer to entice him into emerging from his Den of Adorable Pugs and spending some quality time getting drunk on my couch?

I'll soon be bottling my current batch of beer and fermenting up another. What kind of beer should I brew?

If you were going to buy a new car (or new to you, anyway), what would be the main features you'd look for?

How old is your computer? Did you build it yourself, or buy it ready to go out of the box?

Pizza: great food, or greatest food?

As a follow-up to the above, how's the pizza where you live? Indigestible shit, or amazing culinary masterpiece? And no, there is no middle ground.

Are you going to get A Dance with Dragons next week? What about its companion piece, A Noun of Other Nouns?

Alright, that's enough. It's naptime.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 07-07-2011 04:52:54 PM
How are you doing?
-Exhausted but generally well. Beginning to learn guitar and heading into an audio recording class for the fall semester.

-It's been getting into the 90's and, here and there, over 100, so yes.

Parce said he would come visit me and he hasn't. What should I offer to entice him into emerging from his Den of Adorable Pugs and spending some quality time getting drunk on my couch?
-A ball gag, a rolled up newspaper, and a few pounds of raspberry Jell-O.

I'll soon be bottling my current batch of beer and fermenting up another. What kind of beer should I brew?
-Something amber with notes of strawberry and citrus; summery stuff.

If you were going to buy a new car (or new to you, anyway), what would be the main features you'd look for?
-Fuel efficiency and reliability; the most recent couple years of the Ford Focus are looking pretty good.

How old is your computer? Did you build it yourself, or buy it ready to go out of the box?
-Laptop is about a year old; ready to go out of the box.

-Great food.

As a follow-up to the above, how's the pizza where you live? Indigestible shit, or amazing culinary masterpiece? And no, there is no middle ground.
-There are a variety of excellent pizza sources.

Are you going to get A Dance with Dragons next week? What about its companion piece, A Noun of Other Nouns?
-Got the Kindle edition pre-ordered; I know not what this Noun of Other Nouns is.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 07-07-2011 06:27:30 PM
How are you doing?
-Pretty well actually. I got accepted to the Demographic and Social Analysis Program at UC Irvine and am really looking forward to it. Going to apply to Clinical/Counseling psychology doctoral programs again in Fall as well. I'm really hoping that I get grad housing on campus since my current living situation isn't great and it'd save me about $500 a month once school gets going in September.

-Yes, but only because it's just now finally getting to be warm. Within a few weeks temperatures in the mid-80s won't feel as hot as they do now.

-I honestly don't know why spending quality drunk time on your couch wasn't enough on its own. Maybe he's turning into a writing recluse? The only beings he acknowledges being his dogs and the crazy woman with the weird glass eye that works the cash register at the local super market.

I've always been a fan of the various wheat beers. A good Belgian Wit is always a pleasure.

-Mileage and an auxiliary port for the stereo. I'm getting tired of feeling like I have to own a car to be a functional member of society in Southern California and would be happy with something that was just good enough to get me around.

-The one I'm on right now is my old ass machine that I brought into work since there wasn't any budget to get me a computer of some kind and I really didn't feel like trying to work with a Pentium 2 era machine. The computer I have at home I built myself around this time last year and I am very very happy with it.

-It's not carnitas, therefore it's not the greatest food. But it's still great.

-Amazing culinary masterpiece right across the street. The crust is homemade and the perfect balance of crispy and doughy. Not a New York style thing crust, but not pillowy either.

-I'm guessing this is the newest book in the Song of Ice and Fire? Meh.

Sentow, I Guess
Pancake
posted 07-07-2011 11:13:58 PM
I've been better. I turn 30 in a couple days; that doesn't bother me in and of itself, but it's triggering a mid-life crisis or something. Wait, if I have a mid-life crisis at 30, doesn't that mean I'll be dead by 60? Fuck.

Yeah, but it's not that bad; it was hotter last year. Still, we have about two months of summer to go.

Hookers.

I can't help you there; I'm a teetotaler.

A modest size and good gas mileage. Also: good air conditioning.

Only a few months old. It's an Alienware that I got for Christmas. I really like it =3

It's great.

I'm a bit confused: Does that include chains or only local pizza places. 'cause I don't think we have any local places in this town.

I... what?

KIERKEGAARD

Sigpic shamelessly stolen from Kate Beaton.

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 07-07-2011 11:32:59 PM
How are you doing?

Honestly... I've been worse!

YES.

Uhhh... oral?

Something wheaty and low in hoppy bitterness. Perhaps a hefeweizen?

Cheap, reliable, good gas mileage.

It was a gift the christmas before last. It was prebuilt, but I've added memory and a GeForce 9800 GTX+ since then. It's held up quite well, so far.

Great food. I find I enjoy both sushi and bratwurst more.

I believe there is, in fact a middle ground, but if you won't allow for one, then indigestible shit. The pizza here's pretty meh. But then, you don't go to Oklahoma for the pizza. Or anything else, for that matter.

Nein. I do not care for that series.

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 07-07-2011 11:49:01 PM
Hey, you should come visit WI sometime. I think you'd like it here. We could get drunk and such. Just not with $7.49 whiskey. Oh god, cheap whiskey and I do not get along.

How are you doing?
Pretty well. Moved to Madison, WI for a job, and am much happier here than I was 2.5 months ago when I was still in Stevens Point working at my old job!"

[b]Has been getting there lately. Fucking humidity. Thankfully, I can avoid the heat during the week since all the buildings where I work are connected by underground tunnels, or I can sit in my air conditioned office. Hell yeah.

I distinctly remember Parce being a fan of chocolate mooseheads. So I suggest that.

[b]I am not very familiar with types of beer. But I suggest you come to WI and find something here that you like and brew that. We have tons of kinds of beer.

Gas Mileage, right now. Keyless entry and ignition are also pretty cool. Were it not for my student loans showing on my credit and not being under an IBR plan yet, I would have bought a Hyundai Sonata or Elantra recently. As it is, I'll jump on one of those in a couple of years and keep rocking my CX7 until then.

The bulk of my system is 3.5 years old, but the video card is pretty new (GTX 570). I built the system myself. I am likely upgrading come November-ish.

Great, bordering on greatest.

Definitely an amazing culinary masterpiece. We have a wide variety of local places. Roman Candle is pretty awesome. I hear Ian's Pizza is also pretty rockin, but I haven't been able to go there yet.

Nope, sorry to disappoint.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 07-08-2011 01:12:32 AM

How are you doing?
- Not bad... grandmother died a couple of days ago. Funeral is early next week.

- Texas. Summer. Car with no AC. Hot does not begin to describe.

- More or Less Anal Sex. The opposite of whichever you've been offering to date.

- Whatever it is, use a little chocolate and nutmeg in it.

- AC that works, Major Maintenance kept up, preferably a MP3 capable CD unit...

- Current rig is 3-ish years old with some minor updating (HD, Vid Card). Self built. Due for replacement soon...

- Depends on the pizza. If it's good pizza, greatest.

- Generic crap other than the one *Certified* Neapolitan pizza joint. And it is **FUCKING AWESOME**

- Nope. Next items on my acquisition list are Catherine and Ghost Story. Maybe an android 3.0 tablet. Oh yeah, and a new fucking car with functional god damned AC...

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Vallo, the Second Coming
Pancake
posted 07-08-2011 08:41:05 AM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Karnaj said:

How are you doing?
Pretty great, for the most part. Et tu, Karnte?

Eh, kinda. Upper 90's.

I hear the standard for such a thing is to sacrifice goats and virgins.

Perhaps some sort of weizen?

Gas mileage, handling, longevity.

As a whole, the rig is about 4 years old; it was almost entirely rebuilt about two years ago and has since gotten a couple new fans and a new mobo. Built from scratch each time, down to putting the processor on the board.

I am so sick of pizza...I've probably eaten over 1,000 slices in the last three years. That said I'd be unsick of it within weeks, so...greatest food (So long as you find a good place for it.)

There's only one place I'll eat pizza from - used to be two, but one doesn't exist any more - and it is a masterpiece.

What?

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 07-08-2011 09:33:38 AM
quote:
How are you doing?
Up and down. Home life is pretty good, but work is a sinking ship.

quote:
It's warm, but I wouldn't say it's hot. We're having a fairly mild summer thus far.

quote:
Aside from the aforementioned? Pizza. If that doesn't do it, you may have to resort to paying his airfare.

quote:
Does citrus work in beer? If so, try for a mandarin orange. If not, I'd be curious how banana beer would turn out.

quote:
Some models this year have incorporated a direct-injection system that drastically improves fuel economy without raising the cost of the car. I heard about the tech back in 2007 (was the article posted here?), so that's of definite interest. Maybe one of the flex-fuel cars that can run on battery or gasoline. Other than fuel economy, the only "new" feature I'd want is an in-dashboard GPS / control console.

quote:
I ordered the cheapest pre-built box I could find when my last machine died. Considering how rarely I use it these days, I haven't seen the need to build out a higher-end rig.

quote:
On taste and texture, it's definitely up there in the greatest food category. Sadly it is not particularly healthy for someone living a sedentary lifestyle.

quote:
We've definitely got the good stuff. Same quality as the pizzerias in Italy. Yet for reasons I cannot fathom, some people still order from Pizza Hut.

quote:
It appears I have not been paying sufficient attention to recent releases...
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 07-08-2011 09:35:32 AM
quote:
Karnaj stopped lurking long enough to say:
How are you doing?

I've lost like 20 pounds since I stopped playing WOW. The baby's cutting her first teeth. We're fixing up our house a bit. Things are good.

quote:

Yes. Hot and muggy. But I don't mind it too much. Better than winter.

quote:

Pay for his travel?

quote:

Go for a Russian Imperial Stout.

quote:

Room for two baby seats. Gonna need that at some point. Also, good mileage and bluetooth capabilities.

quote:

I haven't bought an assembled computer since 1998. My current one was updated a year ago or so with a new MoBo, processor, powersupply, videocard and ram.

quote:

It's alright. I think I prefer Indian, though.

quote:

We have a pretty good chain around Cincinnati called LaRosa's. They make a good pie.

quote:

What is this? I don't even-

quote:

Suit yourself.

Blindy. fucked around with this message on 07-08-2011 at 09:36 AM.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 07-08-2011 12:52:43 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Karnaj wrote:

How are you doing?
-Pretty good actually, my business is heavily supported by government programs and they're changing funding routines from paper/mail based into online forms. That'll keep me busy learning it, and less busy afterwards.

-Not terribly, been rainy around Chicago last week but it's clearing up nowadays.

-Tell him you have obtained a recipe for a powerful hallucinogen that puts the imbiber into a dreamlike state where Abraham Lincoln visits to discuss any problems you may have.

-Go with some kind of pumpkin flavoring and hope it'll be ready for the fall.

-Ipod dock, power doors/windows, gas mileage. My wet dream is a Volt, even though I'm not thrilled about hatchbacks and I know the cost outweighs the gas savings.

-4 years or so, but it's been upgraded every now and then.

-Greatest, but only Lou Malnati's. (A Chicago-area based pizza chain)

-It's a deep-dish of incomparable quality.

-I'll probably pick it up; though I haven't caught up to it in the series yet. I'm ~halfway through the third book.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 07-08-2011 01:56:11 PM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about John Romero:

How are you doing?

Great. Buying a house at the moment. It will have guestrooms. *hint* *hint*
quote:

April was hotter. Weather is kinda weird at the moment. I blame Belgium.

quote:

If you cannot lure him in with beer, especially your self brewed stuff, then I don't know.
quote:

Pils. King AND Queen of Beers.
quote:

Looks. Then fuel usage.

quote:

Less than a month. I picked the parts, but paid someone to assemble it for me.
quote:

Okay food.
quote:

Different than the US stuff. A little bit closer to the Italian original. Maybe.
quote:

Too soon.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 07-08-2011 04:37:22 PM
How are you doing?

I'm doing well. Working a lot. Trying to get my shit together. Dropped 75 pounds.

It has been over 100 degrees for something like 18 days straight.

Hell if I know.

Wheat. And send me some.

Amazing A/C and gas mileage.

I'm actually using a former co-worker's MacBook at the moment.

I've eaten it three times this week.

AMAZING.

What?

Edit: Jesus, I haven't checked my PMs since 2009.

Monica fucked around with this message on 07-08-2011 at 04:41 PM.

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 07-08-2011 06:05:59 PM
quote:
Monica had this to say about Optimus Prime:

AMAZING.

Clearly, the pizza in the metro is much better than the pizza down here in Norman!

Zephyer Kyuukaze fucked around with this message on 07-08-2011 at 06:06 PM.

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 07-08-2011 10:28:42 PM
Well, what do you expect living in a town named after a Cheers character?

At any rate, I am pleasantly surprised that most of you suggested a wheat beer of one type or another. Blindy, I don't have a two-stage fermentation setup, so I can't brew a monster beer like an Imperial Stout. Tarquinn, I don't have a spare fridge big enough, so I can't brew any lagers. Sorry But the rest of you will be happy to hear that I've decided to brew a classic Bavarian Hefeweizen as my inaugural fall beer. We'll see how it turns out.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 07-09-2011 12:05:56 AM
How are you doing?
Very much exhausted. Between school, clinical rotations (working for free) and retail (working for not free), I don't ever have what one would call a "day off." Still, I finally graduate at the end of the coming Spring, so it's not that much longer. Wish I'd done all this shit years ago!

It is like the surface of the sun. Seriously though, it's one of the hottest summers in decades, with temperatures getting up to 108 so far. It was so bad today that when I went to Taco Bell on my lunch break, I went and got into my car after I finished eating and ran my A/C in there just to cool off for the remainder of my lunch break.

This is a quest that will test your very soul to see if you are truly worthy to become the Hero of Time.

Unfortunately, I'm really not much of a beer drinker. It upsets my stomach. Now liquor on the other hand...

I just did this actually. For the last 6 years I'd been driving a 93 Olds Cutlass with no A/C. Going into this Texas summer while having to drive almost 80 miles round trip to clinicals four days a week, I decided to start looking for something else. Because the former neighbor of my dad happens to own this chain of used car lots, I was able to get a REALLY good deal on a 2008 Chevy Impala with all the perks. Hell yeah.

Built it myself about 4 years ago. It is still holding up pretty well despite its age. 1.9GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, and a GeForce 9600 GT. What it lacks in RAM volume, it makes up for in speed. I'm only using 2/4 of the RAM slots on this mobo though. I think she's gonna be about due for an upgrade come this fall when SWTOR and GW2 come out. But adding a couple more RAM sticks, a new GPU, and a quad-core CPU will pretty much bring it up to snuff. I run TinyXP on it. I would try Win7, but I'm really not in a position to drop money on an OS right now.

My favorite food in the whole world. One of my good friends owns a pizza shop. Whenever I visit, I'll drop by and make boxes or mop the floor or something and he'll reward me with a free pizza. Can't beat that!

Amazing. While I absolutely hate the town I'm going to school in, they do have a ton of mom and pop restaurants, not excluding several Italian places that makes really fucking good pizza.

I'm not a reader of this series. However, I am eagerly looking forward to the final book in the Eragon series this November - Inheritance!

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 07-09-2011 02:10:58 AM
quote:
Zephyer Kyuukaze had this to say about Knight Rider:
Clearly, the pizza in the metro is much better than the pizza down here in Norman!

Go to the Wedge. There is one in Deep Deuce and one off of NW 46th or so and Western Avenue. You won't regret it.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 07-12-2011 11:39:44 AM
I can't even eat pizza anymore. I made some healthy pizza with a whole wheat crust and turkey toppings and at the end I just wanted to kill myself.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: