EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: What are you watching on TV this summer?
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 06-30-2011 09:16:50 AM
There's some good stuff on this summer. Are YOU watching it? No? Well, you got a lot of nerve, don't ya?

As for me and the missus, let's see. There's baseball, of course, but that's kind of a placeholder for when the Tivo is empty.

Cable: Burn Notice is back, and as we all know, is seventeen shades of awesome. FX has Louie, which is simply a brilliant show. Futurama's on again, and I like the slightly edgier tone of the Comedy Central episodes. We've been watching Franklin & Bash, and it's...OK. Breckin Meyer is far and away the best thing about the show. Though seeing Zack Morris' naked ass was gaytastic. I'll be watching Ugly Americans, as I'm the only person on the planet who seems to like that show.

Networks: Wipeout, occasionally. That's it.

Premium channels: TRUE BLOOD. FUCK YOU. Also, now that we actually have HBO, I'll be recording and watching Game of Thrones when I get a chance.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 06-30-2011 09:30:48 AM
Mostly the usual Law & Order SVU, CSI (just original, the others suck), NCIS, Bones, and House. Would have been nice if Fairly Legal had run for more than one season...
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 06-30-2011 09:36:57 AM
Daily Show, Colbert Report, Futurama and Ugly Americans.

Yes, I don't watch German TV.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 06-30-2011 09:39:39 AM
Leverage started out as a strong show, and I really liked it.

Then it went downhill, and seems to be getting worse each season.

I'll still watch it though, hoping against hope that it'll somehow regain its old entertainment value.

Other than that, I'll be making my way through The Wire's last season; and looking around for other decent shows to check out.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 07-01-2011 12:21:22 AM
Wipeout, since my son enjoys it immensely.

True Blood and Treme on HBO.

Formula 1 when there's a race every couple weeks or so.

Bidng my time until fall waiting for Sons of Anarchy and Boardwalk Empire to start new seasons.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Tarquinn
posted 07-01-2011 02:29:38 AM
Forgot Mythbusters.

Also, I have heard that Falling Skies is supposed to be rather good.

Vin~
Crack Dealer
First One's Free!
posted 07-01-2011 03:23:50 AM
I don't have cable, but I recently started watching How I Met Your Mother. Doogie Howser is the one redeeming feature.
Number 1 Poster
posted 07-01-2011 09:12:15 AM
Daily Show, The Colbert Report, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad (July 17th?), Futurama, Family Guy, American Dad

I'm going to have a hard time deciding between Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad if I have both on my computer hdear:

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 07-01-2011 03:09:47 PM
What is this..."teevee" you speak of?
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Tarquinn
posted 07-01-2011 04:23:34 PM
Brits call it "telly".
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 07-01-2011 04:37:54 PM
"The magic picture box"

I had to drag my dad out of the stone age as he was still watching his TV on an old, huge, need-a-truck-to-lift CRT television. We went and got him a nice new flatscreen. Though he still refuses to watch hi-definition and uses the old DVD player rather than the one connected to the 5.1 surround system. Gotta love old people who're stuck in their ways.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: