EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Get out of here witcher
nem-x
posted 05-14-2011 04:23:39 PM
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 05-14-2011 04:38:29 PM
If you get famous and these become movies, I want to be cast as a piece of driftwood.
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 05-14-2011 05:49:50 PM
Put Gariath on the next cover.

Fuckin baddass.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-14-2011 10:13:32 PM
no one agrees on what he looks like
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 05-14-2011 10:15:56 PM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about Tron:
If you get famous and these become movies, I want to be cast as a piece of driftwood.

I want to be a grizzled, yet insane old peasant who drinks kerosene and belches fire.

Typecasting FTW!

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Blindy.
posted 05-15-2011 09:27:46 AM
I want to be Mossof.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 05-15-2011 01:13:35 PM

Rar.

Not a photoshop, those Poles just know how to celebrate a good game series.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 05-15-2011 01:26:10 PM
I never played the first of the series. I tried a couple of times but never really got going.

Wondering how connected the first and second ones will be.

nem-x
posted 05-15-2011 02:48:09 PM
No preload for steam? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-15-2011 10:39:06 PM
mossud
Blindy.
posted 05-16-2011 10:33:23 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan needs the precioussses:
mossud

Whatever.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 05-16-2011 11:28:03 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan got served! Mr. Parcelan got served!
no one agrees on what he looks like

How about a giant scaly fist punching a hole in an Abysmth's head. Failing that, have it giving Dread an atomic wedgie.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-16-2011 08:36:52 PM
mossud will be on the cover next
Blindy.
posted 05-17-2011 11:46:09 AM
quote:
The Hitchhikers Guide has this to say on Mr. Parcelan:
mossud will be on the cover next

Mossud needs to come back as a big boss villan, and all the heros need to continue to constantly forget his name.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-17-2011 11:00:11 PM
glad you're enjoying it, at least!
nem-x
posted 05-18-2011 02:31:53 AM
nem-x
posted 05-18-2011 05:16:12 AM
I have my graphics on ~medium and the game looks freakin amazing. There's a high and ultra setting too
There's oblivion levels of picking up a lot of shit in a lot of houses. The crafting ingredients have weight which makes it suck even more since that's what you'll be getting tons of
The save system is retarded. Can't overwrite so it creates new save every time, and you have to go into the directory to delete them
I died way the fuck too many times in the prologue, like 40 times, which is pretty awesome actually
I don't know really know how to fight multiple people in combat yet, but that's what the game keeps throwing at me. It doesn't look very heroic running away after I swing
nem-x
posted 05-20-2011 04:24:48 AM
The inventory system sucks shit
There is a lot of running back and forth
I'm not ploughin enough women

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 05-20-2011 12:48:01 PM
Guess they'll never learn.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Nina
posted 05-20-2011 11:14:02 PM
quote:
nem-x Model 2000 was programmed to say:
The inventory system sucks shit
There is a lot of running back and forth

So like the first game.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 05-21-2011 03:19:35 PM
Best physical game box I've seen for a long time.

Nice break from the swathes of DVD cases on shelves and reminds me of the 90's.

Meeeeemories.

nem-x
posted 05-21-2011 07:30:44 PM
Can actually run the game on ultra with ubersampling off and removing nvidia 3d vision drivers if that even makes a difference
The game started to get really easy as I started maxing out the physical tree
There are plenty of choices throughout the game that changes what happens
The ending had an exposition rivaling ghost in the shell movie endings to quickly wrap things up for SEQUEL/EXPANSION

You have to read your journal/character bios constantly in order to really understand what is going on... I didn't and I don't know why I should care about certain characters or what happened.
Going to do another play through and read everything to make sense of it all. There are plenty of factions and people that are scheming against each other that come out of nowhere.

Supposedly the second chapter (there are only three) doesn't even take place in the same area depending on your choices.

Still leagues better than DA2

And when you get tired of having to manage the terrible inventory system
Items have no weight mod

Mightion Defensor
posted 05-25-2011 03:54:51 PM
I bought the Director's Cut of the first game on Steam last night. I'm really starting to hate the Outskirts of Vizimia and the lack of an autorun feature.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 05-25-2011 04:59:52 PM
Still waiting on the much-lauded patch before I begin playing, as it fixes the Act 1 Troll Trouble DLC and adds a large performance boost for retail versions (I fucking hate you, SecuROM).
nem-x
posted 05-25-2011 07:40:28 PM
That quest worked fine for me, and its really just another sidequest. The quoted 90 minute game time is pushing it big time
Gadani
U
posted 05-25-2011 11:08:08 PM
quote:
nem-x had this to say about Duck Tales:
That quest worked fine for me, and its really just another sidequest. The quoted 90 minute game time is pushing it big time

"up to" 90 minutes of gameplay added

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 05-27-2011 04:17:12 PM
The dragon in the prologue killed me.

20 times.

In a row.

I suck.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 05-28-2011 12:08:46 PM
There's a quest in Act 2 where you find some necromantic scribbles. If you keep it for yourself, in Act 3 you get to do a full respec of all your talents, which is nice. Though, in act 3 I ran around like mad spending all my thousands of orens getting the most ridiculous weapons crafted up.. and then barely used them for the final bit.

As far as combat goes, the easiest way to win any fight is to get the first talent in swordmaster, the ability to riposte attacks. Just hold block and then attack when you see a little white sword with a circle flash on the attacking enemy. You counter their attack then rip them in half, basically.

I, too, am waiting on the patch and the DLC to enjoy my second playthrough, going with the squirrels at the end of act 1. The game guide (In the steam version's digital deluxe) is nice if you want the full story of how not to fail certain quests.

And Mightion; The first act is worth all the running around, especially if you really stock up on alchemy supplies and use them liberally. And talk to some of the peasant women, you can plough one of them.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 05-28-2011 05:47:13 PM
I'm enjoying it so far only a few hours in, had to get used to hitting F5 after every fight though. Never know when some random guys will attack and send you back ~25 minutes.

Picked up the mod to turn weight off, glad I denied myself the fun of micromanaging things.

Is there a primer somewhere to sum up the first game?

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Mightion Defensor
posted 05-28-2011 05:59:51 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis fell asleep and read just about every paragraph.
There's a quest in Act 2 where you find some necromantic scribbles. If you keep it for yourself, in Act 3 you get to do a full respec of all your talents, which is nice. Though, in act 3 I ran around like mad spending all my thousands of orens getting the most ridiculous weapons crafted up.. and then barely used them for the final bit.

As far as combat goes, the easiest way to win any fight is to get the first talent in swordmaster, the ability to riposte attacks. Just hold block and then attack when you see a little white sword with a circle flash on the attacking enemy. You counter their attack then rip them in half, basically.

I, too, am waiting on the patch and the DLC to enjoy my second playthrough, going with the squirrels at the end of act 1. The game guide (In the steam version's digital deluxe) is nice if you want the full story of how not to fail certain quests.

And Mightion; The first act is worth all the running around, especially if you really stock up on alchemy supplies and use them liberally. And talk to some of the peasant women, you can plough one of them.

Yeah, apparently I missed one in the Outskirts. I know this game is rated M, but my reaction the first time I saw Morenn was "HOLY CRAP SHE'S STARK NAKED" followed by "Boy, they used a LOT of polys for her butt. A lot a lot," concluded with "I've got to hurry up and finish this so I can get 2."

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 06-03-2011 05:04:27 PM
There are a lot less sex scenes in TW2, but they're generally more meaningful.

I found the scene with Triss in Chapter 1 genuinely endearing and funny. Silly dwarves.

Mightion Defensor
posted 06-09-2011 05:44:11 PM
I finally got to the end of first game at about 6 am this morning - Witcher 2 had been installed for 2 weeks, just waiting for me to stop goofing off with other games and finish it.

Well, let's just say after the ease I chopped up the final fights of Witcher 1, i was somewhat unprepared for the combat in Witcher 2. (I say "somewhat unprepared", as in the same fashion that Stalin was somewhat unprepared for Operation Barbarossa)

The key seems to be blocking, but dammit, the E key only works when it wants to, it seems. And what's with this "no drinking potions in combat" bullschitt?

I'm still in the Prologue - I took a break to clean the dust out of my PC - there wasn't much, but I was trying to get the temps down - I'm using a single GTX 570 SC, with vsync on (uber off); and MAN, my GPU was still hitting temps in the 80's (C). The game looks phenomenal, though.

But damn, that naked Triss in Gerald's tent. Just... damn. (Yes, I've seen the video for the elven bathhouse scene.)

nem-x
posted 06-09-2011 06:43:23 PM
it takes yellow bar to block
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 06-10-2011 03:25:38 AM
Potions are also pretty optional unless you're playing on Hard or above, or on some bosses if you're a wimp.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: