EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Portal 2
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 04-19-2011 04:45:18 PM
Yes.

While it's more of the same, with just a bit of a plot twist, the same that it's more of is so awesome it's worth it. Though I think there are innovations in later levels I haven't seen yet.

Anyway, the best part of the original,to wit, the wit, is present in spades.

So just get it already.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Mightion Defensor
posted 04-19-2011 05:44:47 PM
I finally got around to playing Portal for the first time last night. Got to the end in about five hours, and still can't stop humming "Still Alive". I'll have to get 2 at some point... but I only got 5 achievements from Portal.
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 04-19-2011 07:55:38 PM
It is indeed badass. Yes there are updated functions later on in the game after you deal with GLaDOS. And I'm sure there are some folks who will be amused by the "bukkake room"... I know several friends of mine were amusing themselves painting everything white...
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Willias
Pancake
posted 04-19-2011 08:41:17 PM
Just finished it.

Game is fantastic.

At times, the puzzles get very complex, and personally, I found the game's flow (plot, whatever) to never be 100% predictable.

Also, I've completed a good portion of the co-op with my brother, and that stuff is pretty damn good too (though without the plot).

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 04-20-2011 01:37:25 AM
quote:
Verily, the chocolate bunny rabbits doth run and play while Mightion Defensor gently hums:
I finally got around to playing Portal for the first time last night. Got to the end in about five hours, and still can't stop humming "Still Alive". I'll have to get 2 at some point... but I only got 5 achievements from Portal.

"Still Alive" is right up there with "Stairway to Heaven" and "Free Bird" in my book.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 04-20-2011 02:50:15 AM
Yeah, Still Alive is one of he best video game songs ever conceived.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 04-20-2011 07:38:41 AM
quote:
Willias got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
Just finished it.

Game is fantastic.

At times, the puzzles get very complex, and personally, I found the game's flow (plot, whatever) to never be 100% predictable.

Also, I've completed a good portion of the co-op with my brother, and that stuff is pretty damn good too (though without the plot).

Yeah, the only real twist was the "Core Swap", but even that was kinda expected. Still Alive is still the superior song. GLaDOS is still a major cunt, both in the single player and co-op.

Overall, a good expenditure of money. Unlike what I'm feeling for Mortal Kombat right now.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 04-20-2011 09:20:42 AM
The atmosphere of Portal 2 is fucking incredible.
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 04-20-2011 09:36:23 AM
Haven't finished it yet, but it's amazing and I know I'll be slavering for P3 once I'm done with the story and co-op mode with Zair.

On that note, great woot shirt for Portal 2.

On that note, Zair has talked me out of making Portal-screens on the presumption guests would feel uncomfortable with cameras in our living room. So my next project once the coffee table is completed is creating a movement-sensitive, life-sized turret with lights and sounds from the game.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 04-21-2011 12:06:57 AM
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 04-21-2011 11:41:24 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Random Insanity Generator:

Overall, a good expenditure of money. Unlike what I'm feeling for Mortal Kombat right now.

Does it suck? I was hoping it would be good.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 04-22-2011 01:26:41 AM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael stopped beating up furries long enough to write:

The controls are... lacking. Then again the last MK I played for more than 30 seconds was Ultimate MK3 in the arcade (and MK3 for the 32x) so I don't know if Deception/Shaolin Monks/DC Universe made changes to the controls that I wasn't aware of.

Moves that were formerly punch centric are now off of kick buttons and vice versa. Controls are too sensitive in some respects and are seriously sloppy in others. Maybe getting a fight stick would solve some of these issues, but I'm leaning more to cashing the game in and putting the moolah to my Balls of Steel edition.

Willias
Pancake
posted 04-22-2011 03:06:57 AM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael had this to say about Jimmy Carter:

Haven't played it, but general consensus seems to be that it's the best Mortal Kombat since Mortal Kombat 2.

Mightion Defensor
posted 04-22-2011 03:45:47 AM
Just finished the single player. Pretty decent ending.

Core 1 was cracking me up. "I'm in space!"

If "Still Alive" gets a 100, "Want You Gone" gets a 95.

Vallo, the Second Coming
Pancake
posted 04-22-2011 09:33:43 AM
quote:
So quoth Willias:
Haven't played it, but general consensus seems to be that it's the best Mortal Kombat since Mortal Kombat 2.

I would agree with this. Although for some reason, it still hasn't really hooked me. I don't think, "Hey! I can play MK!" as opposed to one of the other games I have.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: