EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Hey Maradon
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-15-2011 10:17:11 AM
You seeing the Atlas Shrugged movie? I didn't even know such a thing existed.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Maradon!
posted 04-16-2011 05:04:48 PM
It's like, very limited release and I'm not betting on it being very good. Some other volunteers and folks from the LPPA are going in a big group but I don't really have the time.

There were rumors going around that Angelina Jolie would have played Dagny, but they didn't turn out to be true. OH WELL.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 04-18-2011 10:02:08 AM
So the only fresh tomato for it from a traditional media outlet is the New York Post guy.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/atlas_shrugged_part_i/

Who else is surprised?

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-18-2011 02:13:25 PM
Well, I wonder if you can make Ayn Rand's stuff entertaining to the average person, especially one only vaguely familiar with her whole philosophy? I mean, I'm sure the Libertarians and Objectivists are going to enjoy it, but that's like saying that Trekkies will like the next Star Trek film.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Zair
The Imp
posted 04-18-2011 04:41:05 PM
Isn't it a little weird that they set the movie in modern times yet kept it about a railroad company?

I mean, it made sense in the 1950s,but...

Zair fucked around with this message on 04-18-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Maradon!
posted 04-18-2011 07:42:31 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Karnaj who doth quote:
Well, I wonder if you can make Ayn Rand's stuff entertaining to the average person, especially one only vaguely familiar with her whole philosophy? I mean, I'm sure the Libertarians and Objectivists are going to enjoy it, but that's like saying that Trekkies will like the next Star Trek film.

I'm quite familiar with the philosophy and even I don't find it entertaining.

I genuinely enjoy Muse, though.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 04-18-2011 at 07:44 PM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: