EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Poll: Which pony is your favorite?
Author
Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Maradon!
posted 03-03-2011 08:39:24 PM
If you've visited 4chan or tumblr or deviantart within the past couple months, you know all about this show already - whether you care to or not. Apparently Hasbro wanted to rehash My Little Pony and they accidentally hired Lauren Faust to do it, not realizing that she was in the business of producing quality shows (Fosters, Power Puff Girls). Next thing you know, there's a sizable adult audience of weirdos, furries and pedophiles or maybe people who just secretly love adorable things.

I had seen the funny pictures on 4chan, so when my niece came over and had them all recorded on VHS, I couldn't help but check it out.

Oh. my fucking god.

Within the first 10 minutes I was genuinely emotionally invested in the show and all the characters. It is the best fucking thing ever.

Am I less a man for enjoying a little girl's show? Or more of one? I think the latter.

SO

FUCKING

CUTE

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 03-03-2011 at 08:43 PM.

Maradon!
posted 03-03-2011 08:47:49 PM
I fucked up the poll so just reply your answer.

....mine's fluttershy.

nem-x
posted 03-03-2011 09:16:23 PM
Maradon!
posted 03-03-2011 09:26:10 PM
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 03-04-2011 07:43:09 AM
bwahhahaha
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-04-2011 08:56:26 AM
Eh, it's no big deal. If a bunch of your friends have kids, shows like this are on their radar. Accordingly, it'll be on yours, if only tangentially.

Also, who uses VHS anymore? I thought I was the only one under the age of 70 who still owns a VCR.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 03-04-2011 09:35:16 AM
Rainbow Dash is obviously the best pony.
Zair
The Imp
posted 03-04-2011 03:21:26 PM
quote:
So quoth Maradon!:

when my niece came over and had them all recorded on VHS, I couldn't help but check it out.

This is a cover story isn't it.

Zair fucked around with this message on 03-04-2011 at 03:21 PM.

Maradon!
posted 03-04-2011 06:35:57 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Zair booooze lime pole over bench lick:
This is a cover story isn't it.

No. Her mom is a party girl and my gram can't watch her all the time so I volunteered. Not technically my niece, really my fist cousin once removed, but niece is easier to say.

She tapes things that she likes on VHS because she's able to work it and she has a little TV with one built in that's barbie themed or something.

Rainbow Dash is awesome because it is so obvious that she's butch lesbian.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-05-2011 03:42:14 AM
quote:
Maradon! said:
my fist cousin once removed, but niece is easier to say

Yeah, continue calling her your niece.

People might get upset if you introduce her as your fist cousin.

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 04-04-2011 01:44:15 AM
I downloaded them all and am burning to DVD as an easter gift for my niece. She's 3. I certainly wouldn't download them for myself, being a manly and butch 30 year old. No. I am downloading them for her. Nobody with as large and mighty a penis as I would possibly enjoy a bunch of pretty ponies prancing about and learning lessons about the magic of friendship.

Now if you'll excuse me i'm going to go download more pony shows.

For my niece.

I will, of course, have to screen them. I wouldn't want her to see anything her parents wouldn't approve of, of course. So I'll have to watch them very closely to ensure that all content is appropriate for my niece.

Maradon!
posted 04-04-2011 04:58:25 PM
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 04-05-2011 08:52:25 PM
Running a child care center, I see my share of kids cartoons. The first episode of 'My Little Pony' was all right; and I'll have a chance to watch the second one tomorrow during work.

Overall it's all right, but I don't see the appeal to non-child care workers.

Another great show for kids and adults is 'Phineas and Ferb'. Can't recommend that show enough.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Maradon!
posted 04-28-2011 08:40:09 PM
Hey guys, so you know, I'm now co-leader of the official-seeming Brony alliance world of warcraft guild on Arathor.

http://mlpfim.freesmfhosting.com/index.php

And we sorta need active members, heh

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: