EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I'm Skeptical!
Norim Stumpfighter
Milkmaid
posted 03-03-2011 02:24:42 PM
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-03-2011 04:05:58 PM
I doubt it, but that won't stop me from obsessively checking his website for the next four months.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Maradon!
posted 03-03-2011 08:09:49 PM
He should have synchronized with Duke Nukem Forever.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 03-04-2011 03:20:11 AM
I must be one of the only persons in the world who does not like this series.

In fact, the first book was so bad, that it made me stop reading fantasy altogether.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-05-2011 06:34:04 AM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Tarquinn!
I must be one of the only persons in the world who does not like this series.

In fact, the first book was so bad, that it made me stop reading fantasy altogether.

What didn't you like about it?

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-07-2011 05:15:09 PM
I read the first two, and while I really liked his writing, and the story was interesting, and the world was cool (didn't like that whole nomad horsemen/dragon sub-plot, though)...he killed off every single character I had the least bit of empathy for.

So I gave up.

Dark is good. Gritty is good. This crossed the line into unremittingly depressing.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 03-11-2011 04:18:55 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Knight Rider:
What didn't you like about it?

Don't remember much, because I've read that book something like eleven or twelve years ago.

I really didn't like any of the characters or what was going on with story (or wasn't). I have no problem with unlikable characters if they are at least cool or something (like for example in the Black Company books), but the characters in the first book were either boring dicks, like the guy selling his sister into slavery (or marriage, don't remember), or bland clichés like the three brothers of which one was SPECIAL, and they all got some wolves, except for the SPECIAL brother who got a SPECIAL wolf... blruughl....

I probably gave up to soon, and there might be awesome stuff happening later on, but if I didn't care for anything during the first two thirds of the the first book, I am not sure why I should bother.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-11-2011 09:25:27 PM
Yeah, it takes a bit to settle in.

Or it might be one of those phenomena of a series everyone swears by but you just can't stand or get the appeal. See: Black Company.

Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 03-14-2011 05:52:40 PM
quote:
Bloodsage stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
I read the first two, and while I really liked his writing, and the story was interesting, and the world was cool (didn't like that whole nomad horsemen/dragon sub-plot, though)...he killed off every single character I had the least bit of empathy for.

So I gave up.

Dark is good. Gritty is good. This crossed the line into unremittingly depressing.

empty quotin' for 100% truth

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 03-14-2011 08:17:47 PM
For the first time in my life, I agree 100% with Bloodsage.
The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: