EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: League of Legends
nem-x
posted 02-13-2011 09:48:26 AM
Anyone play this? I just started and the players are absolutely terrible beyond belief. Also having to unlock heroes is dumb and all of my name choices were somehow taken

nem-x fucked around with this message on 02-13-2011 at 09:48 AM.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 02-13-2011 05:11:07 PM
The players will get better. It has an ELO matchmaking system.

I only play when my friends ask me to. It's more fun on vent

Vin~
Crack Dealer
First One's Free!
posted 02-13-2011 06:07:48 PM
I used to play it a lot, got pretty decent with Ezreal. Now it's just something I play occasionally.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 02-13-2011 06:11:59 PM
Ezreal is awful now, unfortunately.
Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 02-14-2011 01:11:07 AM
The matchmaker tries to organize teams based on ELO, level, and team composition (i.e. how many people on a team queued together). As a result, solo queueing and lower level games tends to lead you to worse teams since people have a harder time working together with strangers and they may be just plain new to this style of game.

The game gets so much better when you play with friends and have vent/teamspeak going. Not to mention regular champion/content releases (every two weeks) keeps the game interesting long after you've mastered your favorite champion.

nem-x
posted 02-14-2011 03:45:03 AM
Are the recommended items usually good choices? I don't want to spend time reading about each one
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 02-14-2011 08:18:13 AM
They're pretty generic upgrades.

Some characters really benefit from reduced skill cooldowns, which is practically never recommended.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 02-14-2011 12:39:42 PM
You'll get a feel for items that work for character types. Some specific characters defy the normal expectations (AP melees, CDR, etc) but it's not hugely difficult
nem-x
posted 02-14-2011 08:56:31 PM
This game installed some pando media booster shit
Vallo, the Second Coming
Pancake
posted 02-15-2011 08:43:27 AM
Just read up on this, sounds interesting. How is the actual gameplay?
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 02-15-2011 08:44:26 AM
quote:
Vallo, the Second Coming isn't in Kansas anymore:
Just read up on this, sounds interesting. How is the actual gameplay?

Meh.

nem-x
posted 02-15-2011 09:32:56 AM
If you like dota/hon, you'll like this. If you've never played dota/hon, you will probably uninstall after your first few matches after being told how much you suck dick every minute of every game.

The one thing that I really like is the fact that you can increase the effectiveness of your abilities so spell dependent heroes don't fall behind in long games.

Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 02-15-2011 04:36:52 PM
DotA-style games tend to have a pretty steep learning curve, require a lot of knowledge to be a competent player, and are highly competitive. LoL is the easiest one to pick up that I've played, and while the devs work hard to keep things intuitive, you'll still probably need to read a guide or two to get the basics down.

I think it's a ton of fun personally, but I also tend to play with at least two of my friends in any given game. Since it's free, I'd say it's worth a couple of hours to check out and see if it's your thing.

A couple of simple guides for new players:
Pendragon's Tips
10 Tips to Make Your First Game Smoother

Tegadil fucked around with this message on 02-15-2011 at 04:52 PM.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 02-15-2011 09:51:41 PM
quote:
Blindy. wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
Meh.

It's pretty good if you're a fan of the formula. Unless you're a fan of denying, I guess.

nem-x
posted 02-15-2011 11:37:09 PM
Not being able to deny towers kills me inside
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: