EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Minecraft maintenance day #1
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 01-22-2011 09:13:56 AM
The server will be offline come the 29th for maintenance. The following changes will be made.

- The spawn will be moved back to the original sandcastle. The sandcastle has a teleporter to the new world.
- The New World waypoint pirate ship will (hopefully) be moved into the water.
- Since Notch added a bunch of new things last patch (such as multiple tree types) I'll create another teleporter to a virgin landscape. The teleporter will land on top of a new dungeon.
- I'll add a special surprise that can only be reached by teleporter with a Gold Block, an Iron Block, a Jukebox, and a Glass. (NESW).

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 01-22-2011 at 09:16 AM.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 01-23-2011 02:26:23 PM
Additional: I found a tool that will search for chunk errors. I'll work on fixing a reasonable amount of chunk errors found, if any.

Also, it doesn't look like there's enough interest for the Minecraft royal rumble to happen.

Maradon!
posted 01-23-2011 08:19:47 PM
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 02-06-2011 10:51:25 AM
I'd like to appologize for missing the maintence day last week. I've been very busy recently. Some of my plans today were canceled so I may be able to sneak it in today but if not it may have to wait 'till the 16th.
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 02-13-2011 09:27:11 PM
So this is finally happening on the 14th.

If there's anything anyone wants added now's the time to ask.

nem-x
posted 02-14-2011 07:24:23 PM
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 02-14-2011 08:12:49 PM
quote:
nem-x obviously shouldn't have said:
Has this been done?

It is happening now. No ETA.

Bold = Done.
[i]Italics[/u] = in progress

quote:

- The spawn will be moved back to the original sandcastle. The sandcastle has a teleporter to the new world.
- The New World waypoint pirate ship will (hopefully) be moved into the water.
- Seed dungeons (more in old world than new)
- I'll add a special surprise that can only be reached by teleporter with a Gold Block, an Iron Block, a Jukebox, and a Glass. (NESW).

I'm having issues importing chests in the secret level.. I seeded a few of my own but don't be surprised if chests are bugged. That said, I don't think the lack of chests will be a big deal with the other goodies that the secret level provides.

---

I seeded dungeons randomly in the old and new worlds. You'll have to find them. These dungeons have working chests and signs - they were not imported. They were programaticly generated onto the existing world.

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 02-15-2011 at 12:21 AM.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 02-15-2011 12:42:37 AM
aaaand we're back

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 02-15-2011 at 12:42 AM.

nem-x
posted 02-15-2011 09:04:19 PM
gold/iron/jukebox/glass doesnt work
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 02-15-2011 09:28:25 PM
quote:
nem-x wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
gold/iron/jukebox/glass doesnt work

For the record, Nem and Terenazal were the first group of players to reach the secret area successfully.

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 02-15-2011 at 10:04 PM.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 02-15-2011 10:18:17 PM
People seem to be experiencing a bit of lag recently so I sent the host an e-mail.

If lag gets too bad would anyone mind trying to TP to the old world so I can make sure it doesn't have anything to do with your distance from the origin coordinates?

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 02-16-2011 10:07:51 PM
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=501463722693&id=502086056
quote:
*Crossposted from RedXII on SA*

The biggest thing to take away from the machinima livestream is that we all learned that Notch doesn't like to play Minecraft. He said this twice that I heard when they wanted to get him to play through the world they built.

Also, I'll recap some of the things that he covered for people who missed the livestream and don't want to watch 6 hours of incredibly boring footage of 3 goofballs on a couch.

*He commented on furniture about how he likes how people use signs to make furniture pieces and that he was planning to add it more "oddly shaped blocks" at some point.

*He mentioned dragons again, and hang gliders. Honestly a lot of stuff was like this with the same old questions over and over again. They were terrible at picking questions, but to be fair they pretty much got flooded with questions/comments for Notch.

*Notch said he was thinking about a new dimension like the nether but with floating islands that he can't really do in the main world generation anymore.

*Notch said to expect "lots more" undersea stuff like coral blocks and underwater mobs. Probably not sharks though as it wouldn't be fun if the player got attacked by a fast underwater mob.

*A run/sprint button is low on his list as he doesn't really think its necessary, and running infinitely is definitely too powerful.

*Machinima did a poll where they asked their users if they would sacrifice inventory space for a backpack. 2/3 said yes at the end of it.

*When asked if he would add new blocks to the nether in order to give it some use he said he probably would. and torches that expire are definitely still on his list of things to do.

He probably mentioned a lot of little things that I'm forgetting or from the beginning of the stream when the audio quality was very hard to hear.

Timpofee
Mancake
posted 02-17-2011 11:31:12 PM
holy shit!
What mod are you using to make the stones and etc look so amazing?!@
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 02-18-2011 09:04:38 AM
quote:
Timpofee had this to say about pies:
holy shit!
What mod are you using to make the stones and etc look so amazing?!@

O_o

Maradon!
posted 02-18-2011 07:08:29 PM
I think he means the picture I posted at the top of the thread.

Sadly, it isn't a mod at all, it's a non-functional mockup that someone made in the Quake 4 engine.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 02-19-2011 07:08:45 AM
Even if someone somehow managed to make a mod that did that anyhow it would be a bad mod because of how it handles the lighting. Lighting is done on a block level.

There are a couple impressive mods that increase the graphical quality.

This hd mod is rumored to be in dev but I'm still a little skeptical.

This seems to be the popular mod of choice - giving Minecraft Zelda's "cell shading" look.

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 02-19-2011 at 07:23 AM.

Maradon!
posted 02-19-2011 12:47:44 PM
I sure am glad the gaming industry moved past that ridiculous cell shading fad.
Maradon!
posted 02-19-2011 06:00:22 PM
Minecraft IRL mod.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 02-19-2011 at 06:01 PM.

Maradon!
posted 02-19-2011 08:30:11 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Maradon! who doth quote:
Minecraft IRL mod.

Seriously, watch that, it's goddamn hilarious

Skaw
posted 02-20-2011 02:00:22 AM
quote:
Maradon! wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
I sure am glad the gaming industry moved past that ridiculous cell shading fad.

"People like other things than me and I'm mad about it."

Pretty much all we hear when you bring this up, man. It's a game about hitting blocks with your blocky hands until you can hit blocks with diamond tools and cover your blocky body with blocky diamond armor. It's already a ridiculous departure from reality, so who cares if someone makes a ridiculous looking shader and graphic set to go along with it?

Never mind that every graphical mod is client side which means theres no reason for this whining in the first place.

Skaw fucked around with this message on 02-20-2011 at 02:03 AM.

Maradon!
posted 02-20-2011 09:52:38 AM
I didn't say anything about the minecraft mod, I was referring to the gaming industry trying to make dramatic titles using a cartoony, detail-anemic rendering style.

The minecraft mod only reminded me of the endless spree of dumb titles around 2003

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 02-20-2011 at 09:54 AM.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 02-22-2011 03:12:15 PM
Borderlands looked awesome. Shut up.
Skaw
posted 02-22-2011 09:27:10 PM
quote:
Blindy. got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
Borderlands looked awesome. Shut up.

And Prince of Persia '08, but notice he said 2003.

It's still a silly thing to have whined about.

Maradon!
posted 02-23-2011 12:05:04 AM
Neo-Prince of Persia looked pretty good despite cell shading, but not because of it. I'm willing to count this as a lone exception to my implication that cell shading completely ruins a game. The graphics were so good that you could hardly tell it was cell shaded.

Once you got off the bus, Borderlands went straight downhill.

Skaw
posted 02-23-2011 12:14:46 AM
Let's get this thread back on track.

Update the server Diadem

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 02-24-2011 04:55:23 AM
quote:
Skaw had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Let's get this thread back on track.

Update the server Diadem

Sorry for the delay. It's 5am and i finally have time to check the forums. Busy as hell this week. Got a new job and am starting a small company with some friends on the side amongst other things.

Anyhow - the server is updated but runecraft is offline until there's a version that works with the new minecraft server.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 02-28-2011 04:42:41 AM
runecraft restored
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: