EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: SG: Universe cancelled after just 2 seasons
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-22-2011 05:22:10 AM
And nothing of value was lost.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 01-22-2011 05:39:43 AM
The second season was really good so far, though.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-23-2011 02:04:45 AM
It was getting better I agree, but it was still BSG Lite.

Season 1 was absolutely terrible and probably turned a lot of people off even watching Season 2.

Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 01-23-2011 06:28:30 PM
SyFy certainly likes swinging the axe lately. First Caprica and now SG:U?

Will be interesting to see if the proposed Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome prequel will come into being or not or just be a movie/miniseries

http://www.bloodfin.net
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-24-2011 03:11:11 AM
It's no secret that I also loathe the new BSG.

It meandered with no real story for season after season after season. When the writers finally stopped smoking pot and realised they had an ending to write, they just scribbled "God did it lol" on a piece of paper. Boom, instant ending that anyone under the mental age of 5 will enjoy.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 01-24-2011 04:27:55 AM
You know after season one and the beginning of season two I was telling all my friends that nBSG was the best Sci-Fi TV show ever. Forget about TNG, Bab5 etc.

But then came the rest of the show and the "great" ending, and now nBSG registers under whatever.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Maradon!
posted 01-24-2011 08:11:57 AM
quote:
x--TarquinnO-('-'Q) :
You know after season one and the beginning of season two I was telling all my friends that nBSG was the best Sci-Fi TV show ever. Forget about TNG, Bab5 etc.

But then came the rest of the show and the "great" ending, and now nBSG registers under whatever.

This.

I don't know if I'd say nBSG was ever better than TNG - some of the acting so damn forced and hackneyed (I'm looking at you Katee Sackhoff) - but it was a decent watch right up until the second half of the second season and you find out that EVERYONE IS A FUCKING CYLON OH CHRIST now we're all on acid! The cylons chased BSG across the universe just to co-habitate with them? Couldn't they have done that before nuking every known human colony? SCREW THE PLOT WE NEED MORE FUCKING ALLEGORY

I can just imagine some bed-headed writer hitting a spliff and going "Alright, I think, like, it's time to take the show in a new direction." *ash* but everyone takes him seriously because he shared a dorm room with Shepard Fairey at art school.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 01-24-2011 at 08:17 AM.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 01-24-2011 04:24:38 PM
The more they cancel the sooner they can convert to an all wrestling network and change the name to free up "prime" slots on channels like TNT and USA....
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 01-27-2011 01:05:31 PM
SyFy needs to DieFy.

Not because they canceled stargate: universe.

because they greenlit it in the first damn place. The channel is worthless.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 01-27-2011 10:38:40 PM
They were advertising a cooking show the other day.

I have mixed feelings. I'm interested in the chemistry behind cooking. But it seems so odd to have a cooking show on a sci fi network.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 01-27-2011 10:48:24 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael probably says this to all the girls:

I have mixed feelings. I'm interested in the chemistry behind cooking. But it seems so odd to have a cooking show on a sci fi network.

Alton Brown's cooking show 'Good Eats' throws a lot of science, innovation, humor and taste into making amazing meals.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 02-01-2011 12:33:19 PM
quote:
Die, Lyinar Ka`Bael! You don't belong in this world!

It stopped being a scifi network a long time ago, unfortunately. :\

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piƱa coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Skaw
posted 02-01-2011 12:49:48 PM
quote:
Densetsu probably says this to all the girls:
It stopped being a scifi network a long time ago, unfortunately. :\

Yeah, it's now
Syfy

Skaw fucked around with this message on 02-01-2011 at 12:50 PM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: