EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: What's doing this weekend?
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-21-2011 01:14:33 PM
Got any plans? Gonna get liquored up and rowdy? Play Minecraft for 48 hours straight(or 48 hours gay, herm herm herm)? Stare at the wall?

Right now, I myself am leaning towards pickling my liver with gin on Saturday, then football on Sunday. Perhaps I will pickle my liver again for the Jets game, too.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 01-21-2011 04:33:23 PM
I'm just back from watching Black Swan.

Tomorrow me and my best friend will hit some bars. Or just one, depending on our alcohol intake in the first one.

Tarquinn fucked around with this message on 01-21-2011 at 04:35 PM.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Number 1 Poster
posted 01-21-2011 06:25:20 PM
Pizza night with my favourite girl and her son
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 01-21-2011 09:03:33 PM
Math homework and slipping some Kingdom Hearts in when I can

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 01-22-2011 01:12:38 AM
Sitting in my shorts and working.

And of course, 15 seconds before my shift starts, shit breaks. So while everything had been going smoothly and I was only going to have to 'work' for maybe an hour or two has now become a clusterfuck.

Damnit, and the booze store is closed now.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Vin~
Crack Dealer
First One's Free!
posted 01-22-2011 01:17:05 AM
Got drunk last night, went to the doctor today to schedule a cat scan. Going to san diego tomorrow to visit parents.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-22-2011 05:23:59 AM
quote:
Vin~ said:
Got drunk last night, went to the doctor today to schedule a cat scan.

That must have been some bender.

Maradon!
posted 01-22-2011 06:33:20 AM
I gotta run to UPS to pick up the exercise bike I ordered, then I might put it together and decide where I'm going to put it. Then I might, like, use it.

Pretty sure I'm developing a good old fashioned cold, though, so that might be pushing my luck.

Of course I gotta watch the steelers beat the hell out of the jets. Why does New York have two of each professional sports team?

Then on Sunday I have D&D.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 01-22-2011 08:19:52 AM
Tonight? Hosting a board game night/potluck dinner.

Unboxing a few new games - Cash 'n Guns, Arkham Horror, Galaxy Trucker and Space Alert

Before then I'll be cleaning my house and preparing the following for my part of the potluck:
Chips/Crackers with hummus and salmon caviar and smoked salmon
Baked stuffed salmon
Shrimp & Dip
Lambic ale

edit: I usually bring steak instead of seafood, I just figured I'd mix things up a bit.

If I have time I'll also rewire my entertainment center to improve the quality of the background music but most likely I'll barely have time to finish vacuuming before guests arrive.

Tomorrow I'm meeting people out of state to just be lazy and have fun.

quote:
Vin~ had this to say about Knight Rider:
Got drunk last night, went to the doctor today to schedule a cat scan. Going to san diego tomorrow to visit parents.

Wait, CAT scan?

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 01-22-2011 at 08:25 AM.

nem-x
posted 01-22-2011 09:25:53 AM
quote:
All-Bran Saved My Life had this to say about Duck Tales:
Pizza night with my favourite girl and her son

[06:35:09] aaronpaccione: Slept at ny girls place last night
[06:35:17] aaronpaccione: get owned
[06:35:19] nem-x: ny girl
[06:35:27] nem-x: with child
[06:35:32] nem-x: gg
[06:35:33] nem-x: g g
[06:35:37] aaronpaccione: phone typing
[06:35:39] nem-x: was it a slumber party
[06:35:58] nem-x: was it yo mama
[06:36:04] nem-x: your #1 girl
[06:36:54] aaronpaccione: my trini girl
[06:37:01] nem-x: tranny girl
[06:37:06] nem-x: phone typing
[06:37:30] aaronpaccione: HahA

Who could this mystery person be?!

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-22-2011 10:24:24 AM
quote:
Maradon! screamed this from the crapper:
Of course I gotta watch the steelers beat the hell out of the jets. Why does New York have two of each professional sports team?

Because New York is the largest metropolitan area in the country by like seven million people. There are more than enough people to justify the extra teams. But yeah, the game is gonna be hella awesome. I mean, assuming the Steelers get their act together.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Maradon!
posted 01-22-2011 12:56:29 PM
Well I figured that, I just always thought they represented slightly different geographical areas, like congressional districts.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-22-2011 02:42:40 PM
quote:
Maradon! screamed this from the crapper:
Well I figured that, I just always thought they represented slightly different geographical areas, like congressional districts.

Nah, it's more of a pick and choose thing. Unless you live right next to a particular stadium, it's no more difficult for most fans to get to Yankees game than it is to get to a Mets game(of course, the Mets will never be sold out, so actually getting tickets is much easier). My neighbors happen to be Yankees/Giants fans, while we are a Mets/Jets household. And no one gives a shit about the other sports.

Beer.

Norim Stumpfighter
Milkmaid
posted 01-22-2011 07:58:25 PM
The New York Giants were formed in 1925 as part of the NFL. The Jets were part of the AFL which merged with the NFL in 1970... There you have it, two teams in the same media market. But of course, as stated before, New York/New Jersey can easily sustain the two teams.

But market doesn't really have much impact on the NFL. That's been proven. We have teams in Indianapolis, Baltimore... and Charlotte? Not one team in Los Angeles, the biggest TV Market in the country. I've heard sports talk guys talk about how the NFL is so popular in the US that it's transcended needing to be in a prime market. Seems to be true.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 01-22-2011 09:32:50 PM
Going to an improv comedy club tonight. Hoping it'll be worth the trip.
My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-23-2011 12:13:58 AM
Heehee, funny you mention Baltimore and Indianapolis together, since the Indianapolis Colts used to be the Baltimore Colts.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 01-23-2011 05:01:35 AM
Hangover.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 01-24-2011 03:12:21 PM
I spent the weekend failing to find a heavy winter raincoat for my upcoming interviews in Lexington, KY and Pittsburgh. Apparently there's not a lot of demand for these in Southern California, so I might get to freeze my ass off! Or get a full length wool coat, but I've never been a big fan of those. Probably better than walking around in 30ish degree weather in nothing but a suit though.

Dressing like an adult kinda sucks

Skaw
posted 01-30-2011 12:41:13 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about dark elf butts:

Don't forget the Bills!

Don't forget the Bills.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-31-2011 01:32:54 AM
quote:
Dr. Gee stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
I spent the weekend failing to find a heavy winter raincoat for my upcoming interviews in Lexington, KY and Pittsburgh. Apparently there's not a lot of demand for these in Southern California, so I might get to freeze my ass off! Or get a full length wool coat, but I've never been a big fan of those. Probably better than walking around in 30ish degree weather in nothing but a suit though.

Dressing like an adult kinda sucks

Try online. I've found good winter coats at overstock.com before.

And 30? That's balmy

Lyinar Ka`Bael fucked around with this message on 01-31-2011 at 01:33 AM.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 01-31-2011 08:38:14 AM
FUCK THE STEELERS
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-31-2011 10:10:57 AM
Indeed. Though they are a goddamn frightening team when they're all healthy.

Beer.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 01-31-2011 10:33:06 AM
Yeah, you have to be careful or they will rape you.

By which, I mean Ben will sexually assault your women.

Vin~
Crack Dealer
First One's Free!
posted 01-31-2011 05:40:45 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Ghost of Forums Past said:
Wait, CAT scan?

Yeah, whatever they are calling it. Still haven't been able to get it done yet.

In other news, watched Scrubs up to the ending episode of season 8. I cried. Then I tried to watch an episode of season nine. I blacked out, and when I woke up I was covered in blood.

Vin~ fucked around with this message on 01-31-2011 at 05:43 PM.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 01-31-2011 06:28:13 PM
Scrubs is the quintessential example of jumping the shark.

I worked all weekend.

I work...every weekend.

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 01-31-2011 09:20:26 PM
Once they switched to the med school setting it was done. What made the show so great was the relationships between the different characters. J.D. and Dr. Cox, J.D. and the janitor, Kelso and Ted, Carla and Turk and J.D. and Turk's "bromance". Once that was gone, the show was done.
Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 02-01-2011 04:15:20 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Try online. I've found good winter coats at overstock.com before.

And 30? That's balmy

I managed to excavate an overcoat I bought a few years ago for $5 from a used clothing shop. It kept me pretty warm.

The interview also went really well. I'll hopefully hear back tomorrow or the next day.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 02-01-2011 08:55:53 PM
quote:
Dr. Gee stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
I managed to excavate an overcoat I bought a few years ago for $5 from a used clothing shop. It kept me pretty warm.

The interview also went really well. I'll hopefully hear back tomorrow or the next day.

Good luck!

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: