EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-16-2010 07:03:49 AM
Yes.

Not YES!!!!!

But Yes.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 08-16-2010 07:10:19 AM
If you haven't read the books, it's fun if you don't mind the guy playing Scott.

If you've read the books, it's good... but keep in mind it was already finished with production before book 6 was done and it's 2 hours to cover 6 volumes... there were sacrifices.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 08-16-2010 08:06:40 AM
I almost got roped into seeing that. Instead, I took a nap.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 08-16-2010 12:39:37 PM
It was a very enjoyable movie.

Also Michael Cera basically is Scott Pilgrim so I don't know how you could possibly take issue with it. Typecasting and all that

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 08-16-2010 01:47:34 PM
There are people who don't like him. There are people who have issue with how he fit in the roll because of his typecast nature. There are people who didn't like him in the more "silly" parts but were ok with the "serious" parts because of his typecasting.

Basically, there are people who just don't like him for whatever reason and he's been the only one I've heard anyone disliking for the cast.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Greenlit
posted 08-16-2010 02:09:29 PM
I just want to see Michael Cera team up with Keanu Reeves in a huge summer blockbuster.
Vallo, the Second Coming
Pancake
posted 08-18-2010 09:12:05 AM
I hate Michael Cera because he's a bad actor that has been in, from my experience thus far, nothing but bad movies.

That being said, I know nothing about this comic and have no intent of watching this movie so I guess that fits right in.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
Nina
posted 08-18-2010 06:04:59 PM
quote:
Vallo, the Second Coming obviously shouldn't have said:
I know nothing about this comic and have no intent of watching this movie so I guess that fits right in.

We thank you for your invaluable contribution. You may leave now.

Nina fucked around with this message on 08-18-2010 at 06:05 PM.

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 08-24-2010 09:04:04 PM
It was a pretty fun movie.

The game is even more fun, and the soundtrack (by Anamaguchi) fucking rules so hard.

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 08-25-2010 02:38:26 AM
quote:
Liam had this to say about Tron:
The game is even more fun, and the soundtrack (by Anamaguchi) fucking rules so hard.

I am slightly irritated that I have to buy it on iTunes or pirate it because they don't have physical CDs for it.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 08-25-2010 07:34:48 PM
You could buy it on Amazon MP3, as well, but I guess if you really just need that physical product then you're out of luck
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 08-25-2010 10:28:45 PM
The 6-disc in my car doesn't do MP3 CDs. If I want MP3s I can rip them from CD myself. And I'd rather not do Amazon either.... just don't like any of the MP3 stores in general.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-26-2010 05:35:51 AM
People still use CD changers?

Buy a head unit that takes SD cards. Mine was like £50.

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 08-26-2010 07:41:14 AM
Find me one for a 2003 Accord EX-V6 with Nav. The Nav unit holds the CD Changer, it also controls most of the CD Functions, AC Functions and Radio Functions. Replacing it really isn't possible.

And of course since the system has fucked up somehow, I'm looking at a roughly $2500 repair just to cover cost of hardware... that's assuming I DIY the replacement myself... ergh.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-26-2010 08:19:11 AM
Ouch. Sounds like a fully integrated unit then. I hate those, you have to pay out the ass for repair or replacement.
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 08-26-2010 10:10:28 AM
It is. They are. And there is much hate.

Oh yeah, the part of the unit in the trunk? DVD Drive. Upgrades for software? $200, and no, it doesn't load into the system then get put away.. the disk stays in and the unit is useless if you take it out. Fun...

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 08-26-2010 01:14:34 PM
http://www.beaufordbuddy.com/ipod_install_1.htm

screw SD cards

edit: just kidding this guide only works if you didn't opt for the nav package. That sucks a whole lot, actually

edit #2: or maybe not? http://www.tss-radio.com/products/honda-and-acura-y-harness-for-pie-auxiliary-inputs-1

the second one isn't a link because the forums software won't let it remain one

Kegwen fucked around with this message on 08-26-2010 at 01:25 PM.

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 08-26-2010 01:39:08 PM
Yeah, I know that I could harness a split for it. The XM Radio isn't on a separate input on the 03, for some reason it does a short range FM Broadcast instead (fucking retarded shit) and in general just doesn't work.

Yes, that would let me listen to MP3s and such, but honestly I'm a little too lazy with the Nav system being broken to bother with that until I actually lay my hands on replacement parts. I'd have to tear most of the same stuff apart to do the repair, why not do it in one shot and include a mod to give me USB Charging Jacks while I'm at it?

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 08-27-2010 08:08:31 PM
Deth told me to hold off on reading the comics until I had seen the movie. I thought the movie was great. I loved the music they played in it.

We did a double feature with Vampires Suck. That one was good. Not amazing, but a good Twilight parody.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 08-28-2010 04:41:55 AM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael painfully thought these words up:
it.

We did a double feature with Vampires Suck. That one was good. Not amazing, but a good Twilight parody.

I've seen the trailer of that yeserday. It looked horrible.

But I bet it is till better than the source material.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 08-28-2010 09:40:13 PM
It was funny enough to make it worth the double feature. I wasn't busting my sides laughing or anything, but as Twilight is a guilty pleasure of mine, I could appreciate the humor.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: