EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Mort, what were you doing yesterday?
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 07-23-2010 02:15:25 PM
Just curious.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 07-23-2010 05:48:44 PM
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 07-23-2010 11:09:37 PM
If it was Mort, he would only have used a fully-functional lightsabre.
Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 07-24-2010 10:47:48 AM
Mr. Parcelan
posted 07-25-2010 12:27:58 AM
mort how hard is it to run in full armor
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 07-25-2010 11:22:23 AM
Before 3 meters; piece of cake.

After 3 meters; fucking impossible.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 07-25-2010 12:29:22 PM
how hard is it to get up if you fall down?
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 07-25-2010 12:58:23 PM
If you don't know how to get up, pretty hard.
Steven Steve
posted 07-25-2010 01:48:39 PM
I bet I could do it
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Razortooth Gnome
The Artist Formerly Known As Anklebiter
posted 07-25-2010 04:53:03 PM
You're still a young man.
Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 08-10-2010 02:44:07 PM
Full armor as defined by what period?

Early Crusades? Mostly chain with a conical helm. Run all day long.
Late Crusades? Mostly chain, with a faceplated helm over a skull cap. Run til you can't breathe.
Roman? Depends on which armor. Hamata = All day, Segmenta= Gimme a horse.
16th Century? Where the fuck is your horse? Have a servant run for you.

For somebody accustomed to the armor, providing the armor was made FOR them.. It's no worse than wearing a military pack. 200-300lbs for a suit of armor is a myth. I make, and fight, in heavy armor. My kit is about twice as heavy as historical examples, and it comes in under 80 pounds. Some folks think armor was this massive thing, but in reality, it was only what was needed. I could get away with less, but I'd have to do more repairs. Historical armor was thinner, because at the end of the day, you went home and fixed your shit, or you got buried, and somebody else fixed your shit. It wasn't there to stop everything, it was there to stop the sloppy shit. Some peasant with an antler on a stick won't get through it easily.. But another properly armed and armored person would set it on equal footing. One of ya gets away ok, the other one gets proper fucked.

however.. Mort is accurate. Burst speed in armor is easy, long distance is fucked. Think Alligator.

Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: