EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: let's talk about boats
Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-27-2010 05:10:51 AM
do you own a boat?

i would like to ride in a boat.

How is a boat driven

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 05-27-2010 05:44:03 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan attempted to be funny by writing:
do you own a boat?

i would like to ride in a boat.

How is a boat driven

Fucking boats, how do they work?

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Timpofee
Mancake
posted 05-27-2010 09:38:26 AM
I tend to over romanticize boat ownership.. with the "Yo ho ho and a bottle of Rum" lots of sunsets and tropical breezes.

BUT

I know that once you buy a boat its all about maintaining the boat and that the actual "get the boat into the water" part is just a very small part of boat ownership.

Peter
Pancake
posted 05-27-2010 12:36:29 PM
Rent a or charter a boat, It's cheaper and easier. A boat is nothing but a big hole in the water your shovel money into.

If your chartering for a fishing trip research the boat a bit. My marina had a very successful charter boat, however most actual fisher's would not want to go with them since they do everything except reel in the fish(not even land them).

If your not A ham handed retard with no sense of inertia a boat is pretty easy to drive.

Unless you're in a vessel that's like 20 years old, or a very small outboard, the steering systems are now power assist or hydraulic, to rudder control needs just a light touch.

You get finer control out of bigger dual engine boats once you learn how to steer with the throttles.

Depending were you are pay attention to the wind and the water current

Razortooth Gnome
The Artist Formerly Known As Anklebiter
posted 05-27-2010 02:22:54 PM
quote:
Tarquinn had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Fucking boats, how do they work?

It's a miracle, bitch.
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 05-28-2010 01:14:08 AM
Boats can be fun. Pontoon boats on the other hand are tools of the devil!

We had a funny incident a couple years ago during the Fourth of July where we took my grandparents pontoon out on the lake to show some friends of my parents and their kids a nearby dam and then catch part of the fireworks show they put on by the marina. Well as we are coming back with the sun setting and it getting very dark, very quick, we come to find out that our running lights have shorted out.

Now with the lake filled with other boats out to see the show as well, it is extremely dangerous to be out on the water without lights on as you will end up getting into a fiery wreck with someone who didn't see you. We had to hug the shoreline and piddle along at like 5 mph to be safe. Nerves were shot by the time we got about halfway across the lake back to our dock when suddenly the front of the pontoon took a nose-dive into the water for some unknown reason.

If you've every seen a pontoon, you'll know it is pretty hard to make one of those do that. The front was under by a few inches before it came back up though it was now riding low in the water from all the added weight from the water taken on. There was about ten to a dozen of us on it, including 3-4 kids, and two dogs (my brother's beagle and my sister's minpin) and everyone start panicking. That was a fun hour as we thought the boat was sinking. We luckily got close enough to another person's dock and the shallows to tie it off while my uncle came to pick us up on his speed boat. We went and retrieved it the next day but were unable to find any leaks or breechs. Turns out it must of been just a bit of bad luck with a small wave. Damn pontoon...

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Addy
posted 05-29-2010 02:19:03 AM
We have a pontoon boat at the cabin. That's about it
Peter
Pancake
posted 05-29-2010 09:11:32 AM
quote:
Katrinity had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
Boats can be fun. Pontoon boats on the other hand are tools of the devil!

I always thought pontoon boats were water born Bars...

Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 06-01-2010 09:50:55 PM
Buoyancy
Operated
Aquatic
Transport

http://www.bloodfin.net
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: