EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Tarquinn
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 04-26-2010 03:48:37 PM
Your people are awesome.

Though I still don't like BMW's, because everyone who owns one over here drives like a massive cock. Or was that the German intent all along...

*stares intently at Tarquinn*

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 04-26-2010 03:55:12 PM
If you people would not have insisted on winning that stupid war, I could have my own personal jetpack to fly to work.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Maradon!
posted 04-26-2010 07:03:01 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Mortious who doth quote:
Though I still don't like BMW's, because everyone who owns one over here drives like a massive cock.

Yeah, pretty much the case on this side of the pond too.

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 04-26-2010 11:43:25 PM
I keep telling the guys in the shop I manage that I'm thinking of posting a sign stating "We do not perform work on BMW, Mercedes-Benz or Volvo automobiles".

Not because the cars are all that hard to work on, but because, collectively, the owners are the biggest bunch of flaming pricks out there. Take your fancy fucking car to Horst's Autohaus of Fancy Fucking Car Repair. He'll put up with you acting like an arrogant prick. Because he's charging you $200 an hour for labor and marking up the parts 300%.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 04-28-2010 08:10:58 PM
quote:
This one time, at Callalron camp:
I keep telling the guys in the shop I manage that I'm thinking of posting a sign stating "We do not perform work on BMW, Mercedes-Benz or Volvo automobiles".

Not because the cars are all that hard to work on, but because, collectively, the owners are the biggest bunch of flaming pricks out there. Take your fancy fucking car to Horst's Autohaus of Fancy Fucking Car Repair. He'll put up with you acting like an arrogant prick. Because he's charging you $200 an hour for labor and marking up the parts 300%.

AMEN Brother Call!

http://www.bloodfin.net
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 04-28-2010 11:01:26 PM
yeah and how about them damn jap cars eh
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 04-29-2010 03:41:15 AM
What about them Jap cars? Other than a stray Lexus or Accura owner who thinks too much of himself, Japanese cars don't seem to have the number of owners with that douchebag sense of entitlement and "I'm special" penis compensation that the European luxury brands seem to attract.
Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 04-29-2010 04:50:59 AM
The fun of a Honda is removing the transmission control unit when you're not a small asian person who can contort themselves into odd angles in the passenger floorboard.

It actually would cost more for just the labor to remove/install the TCU than it does to repair it...

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 05-01-2010 11:08:03 AM
Yeah, you guys just wish you had real cars. Although Cal certainly has a point about one thing: if you're sinking that much money into the car, having the maintenance done at Billy-Bob's Spit'n'Lube isn't the best idea.

There are just as many pricks on the motorway driving American or Japanese cars.

Yes, I own 3 BMWs: X3, K1200 motorcycle, and a Mini. They're awesome. Neener.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 05-01-2010 11:41:09 AM
The X3 is pretty good. The massive cocks are the ones you see driving the n-series cars where n is a number. 1, 2, 3 series etc. The big "suck my dick because I make more money than you" saloons.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 05-01-2010 12:57:43 PM
Yeah, nevermind.

Tarquinn fucked around with this message on 05-01-2010 at 01:05 PM.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Maradon!
posted 05-02-2010 01:01:18 AM
quote:
Bloodsageing:
and a Mini.

rofl

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 05-02-2010 04:52:24 AM
quote:
Maradon! startled the peaceful upland Gorillas, blurting:
rofl

It's a really fun car to drive. Not exactly cheap when you add all the bells and whistles, but $15k-$20k cheaper than the Z4/M4 that was my second choice.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 05-02-2010 05:36:23 PM
I have to agree with 'sage on this one. The Mini is indeed fun to drive. Just a PITA to fix or even align.

To align most euro cars you need to have a full tank of petrol, 150 lbs in both front seats. about 50 lbs in the trunk and usually about 150lbs in the back seat (if it has a back seat) Of course no one ever brings one into the shop will a full tank and stuffing things in someone's car to get the correct weight loadout would annoy the owner I'm sure... The diagnostic computer system is hardly standardized compared to the US and Japanese cars. The computers we plug into the Euro cars usually have to translate their codes into typical OBDII system info the rest of the world uses...

http://www.bloodfin.net
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: