EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Games
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 04-14-2010 12:44:59 PM
Now that I've got myself a monster of a PC, what games should I check out?

Please note that I have a 360 and Wii, so I'm mainly looking for games that don't exist on consoles.

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 04-14-2010 at 12:45 PM.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 04-14-2010 01:27:48 PM
    *Mass Effect (2) and Dragon Age if you haven't played them on box already (they are better on the PC anyway).
    *Crysis (Warhead) to show off what your monster of a PC can do.
    *Dawn of Discovery (Anno 1404) if you like gorgeous looking sim city like games.
    *Metro 2033 as the currently best atmospheric FPS.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 04-14-2010 01:34:32 PM
The game I have played the most last year, was probably Sword of the Stars. Best 4x game since MoO2.

You probably don't need a monster pc for it, though.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 04-14-2010 01:42:25 PM
Thanks.

I already beat Mass Effect 2 on am playing Dragon Age on the 360.
Metro 2033 is out for the 360 and I'll add it to my Gamefly list.

Sword of the Star, Crysis and Anno 1404 are exactly the type of things I'm looking for. I'll give those a try .

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 04-14-2010 at 01:44 PM.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 04-14-2010 04:42:57 PM
the orange box

edit: but you probably played on that 360. It was serviceable port so that's good enough I guess

Kegwen fucked around with this message on 04-14-2010 at 04:43 PM.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 04-14-2010 05:51:02 PM
I've heard a lot of good about Torchlight. I got a notice from Gamestop that it was half off as their digital deal of week, so it might be entertaining. It's apparently in the realm of Diablo and Diablo II.

I was going to look into it myself this weekend.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 04-14-2010 06:10:07 PM
Sword of the Stars was good but it got old real fast.

Space Empires V is much deeper, plus it can run on a shitty laptop since it's all 2D.

Peter
Pancake
posted 04-14-2010 11:26:44 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Mortious said this:

Space Empires V is much deeper, plus it can run on a shitty laptop since it's all 2D.

And you can build Dyson spheres if you are insanely bored !

Damnati
Filthy
posted 04-14-2010 11:46:13 PM
Dwarf Fortress motherfucker, do you speak it?
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 04-14-2010 11:47:54 PM
yeah dwarf fortress was something he just couldn't have played before on that old Pentium 4
Damnati
Filthy
posted 04-15-2010 12:42:28 AM
quote:
Kegwen had this to say about Captain Planet:
yeah dwarf fortress was something he just couldn't have played before on that old Pentium 4

Get fucked, he didn't say it had to be GPU-raping, bleeding-edge skullfucking titles.

DF is an awesome use of space on any system, particularly those that can render more of its tiles at once.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 04-15-2010 12:46:15 AM
quote:
Ghost of Forums Past was listening to Cher while typing:
Now that I've got myself a monster of a PC

check out wolf3d bro

Maradon!
posted 04-15-2010 12:49:37 AM
DUDES

Dwarf Fortress is fun, but it just got way too complicated for me, deciding what crops to grow and micromanaging some parts and so on. If it had a really elaborate help system in the game it'd be better.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 04-15-2010 07:39:27 AM
Just Cause 2
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 04-15-2010 07:43:31 AM
quote:
Sakkra said:
Just Cause 2

I keep meaning to get this, as it looks like Prototype only without the absorbing people bit. I really enjoyed the free-roaming destruction of Prototype.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 04-15-2010 10:34:56 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Mortious said:
I keep meaning to get this, as it looks like Prototype only without the absorbing people bit. I really enjoyed the free-roaming destruction of Prototype.

I've put about 40 hours into it. I actually completed all the faction missions and the main "storyline" with a little over 20% of the total destruction caused. I'm now closing in on 75%, and it is still somehow fun. :3

Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 04-15-2010 05:32:22 PM
quote:
Kegwen probably says this to all the girls:
check out wolf3d bro

dude wtflol. he'z got a monsterbox now. he can totally run doom 2 brohem.

Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 04-15-2010 05:34:13 PM
o wait! i think he could handle zork now brah!
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: