EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Houston...
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 04-05-2010 07:52:45 PM
April 6th.

You've been warned.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 04-05-2010 09:15:16 PM
I'll lock my door.
Timpofee
Mancake
posted 04-06-2010 10:34:36 AM
April 22nd - 25th..
you have been... EXCITED
Nina
posted 04-06-2010 09:16:26 PM
what
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 04-07-2010 05:19:42 PM
quote:
From the book of Bajah, chapter 3, verse 16:
I'll lock my door.

You were wise.

I hit Houston for the Jim Butcher book signing at Murder by the Book. Holy fuckballs was it crowded. Great store, but not for 400+ people.

And I have since fled the scene, Houston is back to whatever you psychotic freaks call driving down there. Damned flat tire on 45 as we were coming into town.. Thought I was going to get pasted while changing it several times..

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 04-07-2010 05:24:19 PM
I had to google Jim Butcher as I had no idea who he was.

I hope the Dresden Files books are better than that god-awful TV show.

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 04-08-2010 12:46:26 AM
Somewhere 6 orders of magnitude better. There's a reason I didn't watch the show, it was crap compared to the books. There were a number of people at the signing that said they watched the show first and were pissed when they picked the books up later at how bad the show mangled things.

According to Jim, the original setups were MUCH worse. "Be thankful for the Hockey Stick."

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 04-09-2010 11:24:21 AM
quote:
Channeling the spirit of Sherlock Holmes, Random Insanity Generator absently fondled Watson and proclaimed:
You were wise.

I hit Houston for the Jim Butcher book signing at Murder by the Book. Holy fuckballs was it crowded. Great store, but not for 400+ people.

And I have since fled the scene, Houston is back to whatever you psychotic freaks call driving down there. Damned flat tire on 45 as we were coming into town.. Thought I was going to get pasted while changing it several times..

Why change the tire more than once?

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

nem-x
posted 04-09-2010 01:22:52 PM
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 04-09-2010 08:07:50 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Mortious wrote:

The TV show was horrible compared to the books. The Dresden Files is a great series.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 04-09-2010 08:18:28 PM
By the way, RIG, you lucky bitch, I hate you

The Changes tour isn't coming anywhere near Indy

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 04-09-2010 11:30:12 PM
i may be in dallas next weekend woot woot
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 04-10-2010 01:24:54 AM
quote:
Bloodsage's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
Why change the tire more than once?

.... Ouch.

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 04-10-2010 01:28:35 AM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Lyinar Ka`Bael said:
By the way, RIG, you lucky bitch, I hate you

The Changes tour isn't coming anywhere near Indy

He has short hair now. And he is somewhat short. Without the hair he walked in and out of the bookstore past me at least twice that I can remember and no one realized it.

Got the book autographed, wished I had dug up my first edition of Storm Front to get it autographed, but I'm sure I'll find another book signing for that. Haven't cracked the book open since I got a digital copy on my G1. Changes is a kick square in the balls and is VERY aptly named....

Maradon!
posted 04-15-2010 12:53:43 AM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Mortious who doth quote:

The Dresden Files TV show made the Hitchhiker's Guide movie look like a fastidiously faithful adaptation.

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 04-15-2010 05:43:20 PM
quote:
Monica was naked while typing this:
i may be in dallas next weekend woot woot

The Scarborough RenFaire is going on this weekend. You should check it out if you have the time. I'm going on Saturday.

Its about an hour south of DFW.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 04-16-2010 02:09:18 AM
quote:
Azakias spewed forth this undeniable truth:
The Scarborough RenFaire is going on this weekend. You should check it out if you have the time. I'm going on Saturday.

Going on for like the next month. Last weekend was opening weekend.

Supposed to be going with a cluster of friends a week from Sunday

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 04-16-2010 08:48:10 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Random Insanity Generator said:
Going on for like the next month. Last weekend was opening weekend.

Supposed to be going with a cluster of friends a week from Sunday

I'm going tomorrow. Might go next Saturday too. My first time, yay. Hope its worth it. Ended up getting tickets at the IT office onbase, saved my around 4 or 5 bucks.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-16-2010 11:15:23 PM
I lament that RIG and I have never gotten along.

Have a good time in Houston, sir.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 04-18-2010 06:44:26 PM
quote:
Azakias attempted to be funny by writing:

If I had known that I would have gone ahead and made arrangements to stay another day. We only stayed for the afternoon, pretty much, and I was riding with a carpool so I didn't really have an option to stick around.

I do plan on going to either Muskogee or Scarborough this year, I just haven't decided which yet. I can't really afford to do both, and Muskogee is not nearly as far of a drive, so that's probably what will happen.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: