EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Content!
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 02-16-2010 03:00:13 PM
I post content here for the bored to peruse.

Beartato - Webcomic gold. Be sure to hover over the images to see the alt text. Simple art style and simple jokes but it's still awesome.

Axecop - Webcomic written by a 5-year old, drawn by a 30-year old, and also pure gold. It's awesome.

Bad Company 2 Beta. I was trying to shoot a tank and a building was in the way. So I shot rockets at the building to blow holes through which I could shoot. Then I destroyed the tank!

I am going to kill the Lich King this week! I hope. That fight is hard. I'm referring to World of Warcraft, for those (Mort) who don't know. It's very fun with the new stuff.

I want to try Borderlands, Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2, and Bayonetta but money's tight right now. I shouldn't have preordered Bad Company 2 but after the shitfest that was Modern Warfare 2, I was desperate for a good Multiplayer FPS game.

So what neat stuff is going on with you RIGHT THIS VERY INSTANT?

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 02-16-2010 03:44:52 PM
Bioshock 2 is good, but it's exactly the same thing as the last one. It's fun, no doubt about it, but the sense of wonder that made the first one awesome just isn't there. It's just that this time instead of battling Ayn Rand's wet dream, you're bringing down Marx's utopia.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 02-16-2010 04:16:18 PM
If you have played Mass Effect 1, there's really no excuse not to get part 2.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 02-16-2010 07:31:01 PM
quote:
Tarquinn painfully thought these words up:
If you have played Mass Effect 1, there's really no excuse not to get part 2.

This, except you dont even have to have played the first one to begin with.

The most awesome thing I found lately is a blog written by a guy who is a scifi author as well as a med student and he goes off on unrealistic medical portrayals in literature and media.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 02-16-2010 08:22:29 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Azakias wrote:
This, except you dont even have to have played the first one to begin with.

Sure you do. It's way more fun when you get to see the callbacks to your old choices. Also, it defaults to all sorts of terrible choices for players that don't import

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 02-16-2010 08:49:30 PM
quote:
Kegwen had this to say about Pirotess:
Sure you do. It's way more fun when you get to see the callbacks to your old choices. Also, it defaults to all sorts of terrible choices for players that don't import

While this is true, my point was that the game is still enjoyable if you havent played the first.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 02-17-2010 02:31:49 AM
There's literally no reason not to play part one first. It is still great, cheaper to get than part two and enhances the fun of part two immensely.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Zair
The Imp
posted 02-17-2010 10:16:02 PM
As for Bioshock 2, what Bloodsage said. I haven't finished it yet though.

It is fun, and you should play through it eventually, but I'd go for Borderlands or ME2 first.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: