EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Teen pregnancy up, liberal faggots like me unsurprised
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-26-2010 04:05:09 PM
YAHoooooOOOOOO

So, yeah. Go abstinence only programs, I guess. To be fair, though, this could very well be a blip. If we see another jump next year, however, then we can't say that as easily.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 01-26-2010 04:52:29 PM
Not that I'm a fan of abstinence programs, but I really doubt there's but a single factor that influences these numbers.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 01-26-2010 09:10:07 PM
And here I heard that oral sex was the new 'good night kiss'.
Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Steven Steve
posted 01-27-2010 07:15:15 AM
sorry guys
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-27-2010 09:19:00 AM
quote:
Steven Steve got served! Steven Steve got served!
sorry guys

I also would have accepted, "You're welcome," followed by the smug emoticon of your choice.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 01-27-2010 09:35:18 AM
Abstanance only sex education is like drivers education where all they say is "IF YOU DON'T DRIVE THEN YOU WON'T HAVE ACCIDENTS."
On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Steven Steve
posted 01-27-2010 11:19:48 AM
Or like male circumcision where they say if you don't have foreskin then it won't get infected
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Blindy
posted 01-27-2010 02:53:45 PM
Teenagers shouldn't be driving anyway because they most likely can't afford their own car and insurance. They should wait until they have a committed relationship with a car before driving.
Maradon!
posted 01-27-2010 05:14:44 PM
Guys, as much as I hate the entire concept behind abstinence only sex ed (or the promotion of any kind of monasticism at all, for that matter) it's unlikely that abstinence-only sex ed has much of a bearing on teen pregnancy rates.

The ten states with the highest rates of teen pregnancy are Nevada, Arizona, Mississippi, New Mexico, Texas, Florida, California, Georgia, North Carolina, and Arkansas (in that order actually!)

Arizona and California are good examples of states with horrendous teen pregnancy rates, but also a general opposition to abstinence-only sex ed.

Seems to me like it doesn't really matter what kind of class they take, kids just aren't going to learn about sex at school.

Greenlit
posted 01-27-2010 06:13:03 PM
I learned a lot about sex in school.
Greenlit
posted 01-27-2010 06:13:18 PM
Just not from any teachers obviously.
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 01-27-2010 08:07:02 PM
When people start going on about abstinence-only sex ed, I want to grab them and shake them screaming, "YOU'VE OBVIOUSLY NEVER DEALT WITH KIDS, HAVE YOU?! If your kids won't fucking clean their room when you tell them, what makes you think they won't have sex just because you tell them?"
Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 01-28-2010 02:06:11 PM
What was it Patton said? "If you can't get them to salute when you tell them to salute, and wear the clothes you tell them to wear, how are you going to get them to die for their country?"

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-28-2010 03:06:06 PM
quote:
Maradon! put down Tada! magazine long enough to type:
Seems to me like it doesn't really matter what kind of class they take, kids just aren't going to learn about sex at school.

Wait, what? That's retarded. Why is that retarded? Because you're basically saying that either children are incapable of learning about sex (which seems to run contrary to, oh, much of human nature), or that adults are, within an educational institution, incapable of teaching children about sex.

Beer.

Blindy
posted 01-28-2010 03:50:21 PM
The high teen pregnancy rates in arizona and california couldn't possibly have to do with the large Hispanic population.
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 01-28-2010 06:17:26 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Blindy!
The high teen pregnancy rates in arizona and california couldn't possibly have to do with the large Hispanic population.

Racist.

Hey that is fun.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 01-28-2010 06:54:38 PM
If you can say it in a marketing plan it isn't racist

edit: but no your point/joke is not lost

Kegwen fucked around with this message on 01-28-2010 at 06:56 PM.

Steven Steve
posted 01-29-2010 12:37:25 PM
gawd damn Mexican'ts

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 01-31-2010 06:33:16 PM
It's not racist to observe that Hispanics have a higher teen pregnancy rate and have larger families than non-Hispanics. It's just statistics.
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 02-01-2010 07:38:26 PM
But it's racist to say that people of African heritage perform poorly in school, as shown by statistics? Or have a tendency to commit violent crimes, as shown by statistics? Why are some statistics racist and others not?
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 02-01-2010 07:54:17 PM
quote:
Naimah said:
Why are some statistics racist and others not?

Because the race card = easy cash.

And the truth hurts.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 02-02-2010 06:22:31 AM
quote:
Naimah still thinks SARS jokes are topical, as evidenced by:
But it's racist to say that people of African heritage perform poorly in school, as shown by statistics? Or have a tendency to commit violent crimes, as shown by statistics? Why are some statistics racist and others not?

Because only racist people put it the way you did. Non-racist people would go on to point out environmental, economic, and social factors to explain why this happens.

Beer.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 02-02-2010 07:14:23 AM
Everyone but me is racist.
Number 1 Poster
posted 02-02-2010 07:23:06 AM
You called me a grandma like 2 days ago
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 02-02-2010 07:52:02 AM
quote:
shut up you're fat attempted to be funny by writing:
You called me a grandma like 2 days ago

Yeah, but that fact is backed up by statistics.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Steven Steve
posted 02-02-2010 10:40:54 AM
quote:
Karnaj was naked while typing this:
Because only racist people put it the way you did. Non-racist people would go on to point out environmental, economic, and social factors to explain why this happens.

It is statistical fact that I poop less than most other people. Is this racist?

Blindy
posted 02-02-2010 12:39:28 PM
It would be Racism to suggest that Hispanics have higher teen pregnancy rates because they're Hispanic. The connotation here is that Hispanics are different and/or inferior to whites because of their race, and not because of other socio-demographic do appear in high correlation with that racial identity but are not caused by being a member of that race.

A non racist would note that Hispanics have a higher teen pregnancy rate, but suggest that this is because they are overwhelmingly Catholic (and not use birth control or get abortions) and more likely to be from lower income families than non-Hispanic. 1st or 2nd generation naturalized citizens are also more likely to have had parents who had children early, another highly corollary indicator in teen pregnancy rates.

Blindy
posted 02-02-2010 12:45:53 PM
I do want to note, however, that there are certain factors that may be correlated to racial identity that are caused by racial identity, and it is racist so suggest that this is indicative of some genetic flaw or shortcoming.

For example, poor black people have higher imprisonment and recidivism rates than poor white people, even though the statistics have shown that the crime levels between these two social groups are nearly identical.

Racist: It's because black people are stupid and get caught.
Non-racist: It's because the correction and enforcement system is disproportionately harsher on black people; the system itself is racist.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 02-02-2010 04:27:45 PM
This many years after the human genome project pulled the rug out from under the entire notion of race, it saddens me these conversations still happen, and that the concept hasn't gone the way of the dodo.

Blindy
posted 02-02-2010 04:33:00 PM
quote:
If Bloodsage was a glacier, they'd be a fast one:
This many years after the human genome project pulled the rug out from under the entire notion of race, it saddens me these conversations still happen, and that the concept hasn't gone the way of the dodo.

I feel the same way. Race doesn't exist. However, cultural and socio-economic norms, at least in this country, do still align with a reasonably high consistency with the segments carved out in our outdated concepts of race, and I think that is why this is an issue that didn't die when it should have.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 02-02-2010 06:37:15 PM
quote:
Blindy said this about your mom:
It would be Racism to suggest that Hispanics have higher teen pregnancy rates because they're Hispanic. The connotation here is that Hispanics are different and/or inferior to whites because of their race, and not because of other socio-demographic do appear in high correlation with that racial identity but are not caused by being a member of that race.

A non racist would note that Hispanics have a higher teen pregnancy rate, but suggest that this is because they are overwhelmingly Catholic (and not use birth control or get abortions) and more likely to be from lower income families than non-Hispanic. 1st or 2nd generation naturalized citizens are also more likely to have had parents who had children early, another highly corollary indicator in teen pregnancy rates.

Then why didn't you simply say that Arizona has more low income catholics and not Arizona has Hispanics? You still fall into the same category, yet claim to not be racist. Why did you site a corollary demographic instead of the two casual demographics that you listed?

Blindy.
posted 02-03-2010 12:37:00 AM
quote:
Naimah says ta-ma-to, I say to-ma-to:
Then why didn't you simply say that Arizona has more low income catholics and not Arizona has Hispanics? You still fall into the same category, yet claim to not be racist. Why did you site a corollary demographic instead of the two casual demographics that you listed?

That's retarded. You're retarded.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 02-03-2010 09:19:14 AM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Blindy. said this:
That's retarded. You're retarded.

Translation:

code:
 I really do hate those wetback breeding bastards and am too lazy to continue trying to convince you otherwise. 

Blindy
posted 02-03-2010 12:21:45 PM
Hey guys the only way to stop being racist is to pretend that cultural homogamy doesn't exist and/or never refer to a culture when referencing that culture's statistical traits.
Blindy
posted 02-03-2010 12:23:27 PM
For example it is racist to say that French people drink wine.
Damnati
Filthy
posted 02-03-2010 02:17:47 PM
It's not racist unless you're white.
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Peter
Pancake
posted 02-03-2010 11:36:27 PM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about Captain Planet:
YAHoooooOOOOOO

So, yeah. Go abstinence only programs, I guess. To be fair, though, this could very well be a blip. If we see another jump next year, however, then we can't say that as easily.

How Did north Dakota Make the low teenage pregnancy list? Truly there is nothing else to do in that state, I mean south Dakota is the pits. Seen Dancing with Wolves and all the wide open spaces? Yeah that 90% of South Dakota, Just Grass to the horizon. Only redeeming parts are the Badlands and the Black Hills. But North Dakota Doesn't even have that, best they can say is it's colder than The other Dakota.

And IMHO Abstinence programs getting federal funding is fucking retarded, be better to just go for contraceptive programs..Rather have a program that won't be immediately foiled by alcohol, drugs, or flirty hormonal urges.

Taeldian
Pancake
posted 02-04-2010 10:06:07 PM
NPR was ranting and raving this week about an abstinence-only program that actually worked.

It was completely different than your standard moral/religious abstinence-only program, though. Apparently they were focusing on real-life consequences instead of what Jesus wants.

Blindy.
posted 02-05-2010 08:03:54 AM
quote:
I wish Taeldian would say this more often:
NPR was ranting and raving this week about an abstinence-only program that actually worked.

It was completely different than your standard moral/religious abstinence-only program, though. Apparently they were focusing on real-life consequences instead of what Jesus wants.

if it's talking about real-life consequences then it's not abstinence-only.

Abstinence-only literally means you tell the children absolutely nothing about how sex works, STDs, how pregnancy happens, birth control, or any of that. You only tell them to be abstinent, and that's it.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 02-05-2010 09:32:54 AM
quote:
So quoth Peter:
[snip] Rather have a program that won't be immediately foiled by alcohol, drugs, or flirty hormonal urges.

Because nobody has ever forgotten a condom in the throes of the above?

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: