EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Hey Mort - How's the weather?
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 01-08-2010 05:44:03 AM

Edit: Same question to VernalTemptress and Bloodsage.

Tarquinn fucked around with this message on 01-08-2010 at 05:45 AM.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-08-2010 08:32:37 AM
I'll get back to you when I finish shovelling my driveway and dying of exposure.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-08-2010 09:53:21 AM
Pussies. It's not cold until your foreskin is frozen to your zipper.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 01-08-2010 10:27:57 AM
quote:
Karnaj spewed forth this undeniable truth:

Happened to me as a kid.

Guess that counts as scientific proof for global warming.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Suddar
posted 01-08-2010 06:28:44 PM
quote:
Karnaj's fortune cookie read:

I know. Stupid Europeans have it so good. Why is the northeast so god damn cold?

I was in New York last week and it was 15 degrees with wind whipping around at 20 miles per hour. It made it much more difficult to look happy in my obligatory Times Square picture.

Suddar fucked around with this message on 01-08-2010 at 06:30 PM.

Peter
Pancake
posted 01-08-2010 07:48:26 PM
quote:
Suddar's account was hax0red to write:
I know. Stupid Europeans have it so good. Why is the northeast so god damn cold?

I was in New York last week and it was 15 degrees with wind whipping around at 20 miles per hour. It made it much more difficult to look happy in my obligatory Times Square picture.

sounds Warm to my -20 in the daytime.At least to fucking cold to snow any more.

Suddar
posted 01-08-2010 08:11:23 PM
quote:
Peter's account was hax0red to write:
sounds Warm to my -20 in the daytime.At least to fucking cold to snow any more.

I thought you lived in Florida or something. Anyway, I'm not denying that there are colder places than the east coast, I'm just saying that the 44th parallel looks a lot warmer over there than it does in Maine.

Peter
Pancake
posted 01-15-2010 02:35:12 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Suddar stammered:
I thought you lived in Florida or something. Anyway, I'm not denying that there are colder places than the east coast, I'm just saying that the 44th parallel looks a lot warmer over there than it does in Maine.

Been in Montana for like 2 years now, which just gets bitter fucking cold at times.But I swear I felt worse on the Shore back in NJ.

Though it is a bit Nifty during my morning walk I can feel temp drop about 15 degrees going from my house at the base of Mt. Helena to the valley.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 01-15-2010 04:44:01 PM
quote:
Suddar had this to say about Jimmy Carter:

It's cos the Gulf Stream current shoves a lot of warm water into and around london and europe in general, whereas it brings cold water down to us in the northeast.

I forget where I saw it, but there were models that showed if the gulf stream stopped for whatever reason, within a year Europe would be plunged into an ice age.

Peter
Pancake
posted 01-17-2010 08:05:15 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis had this to say about the Spice Girls:
It's cos the Gulf Stream current shoves a lot of warm water into and around london and europe in general, whereas it brings cold water down to us in the northeast.

I forget where I saw it, but there were models that showed if the gulf stream stopped for whatever reason, within a year Europe would be plunged into an ice age.

The gulf stream flows north along the East coast Of the US, It does not bring any cold water down to the US.

Addy
posted 01-18-2010 12:17:56 PM
Silly New England people complaining about the cold!
Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 01-20-2010 02:43:32 PM
quote:
Addy obviously shouldn't have said:
Silly New England people complaining about the cold!

No kidding. -20 F has been the coldest here in Northern Wisconsin so far this winter. (not including wind chills)

El Nino kicking in now though so it's been much more comfortable.

http://www.bloodfin.net
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 01-20-2010 08:49:59 PM
We got down to about 10 degrees a week or two ago. Today, I ran a 5k in a balmy 60 degree afternoon.
"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 01-21-2010 01:01:49 AM
quote:
Azakias stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
We got down to about 10 degrees a week or two ago. Today, I ran a 5k in a balmy 60 degree afternoon.

Yeah... We had a blizzard for Christmas, a few days later it was in the 50s, then we had a cold spike where it was between about -10 to about 10 for a week (coldest it's been in Oklahoma in like 20 years) or so... now it's back in the 50s and tonight we had a thunderstorm. Yay!

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: