EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Darksiders
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 01-05-2010 08:09:59 PM
This game seems pretty good so far, though I've recognized gameplay tactics from God of War, Jak and Daxter, Prince of Persia, and Assassin's Creed. Still pretty cool.

And I'm convinced that Samael is based off of Tim Curry's character in Legend.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Mr. Parcelan
posted 01-05-2010 10:31:55 PM
oh look another thread where azakias desperately tries to convince us she's not a lesbian lol
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 01-06-2010 12:27:53 AM
I have a copy, but all I've done is taken the plastic wrap off of it.

I also picked up Bayonetta, and the guy at the shop was kind enough to give me one of the three poster sets they got for the game.

Much "rawr" indeed.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Sentow, I Guess
Pancake
posted 01-06-2010 01:19:01 AM
quote:
Azakias had this to say about John Romero:
And I'm convinced that Samael is based off of Tim Curry's character in Legend.

He's gotta be. And I hope I'm not the only one who thinks that War and Vulgrim could be Arthas and Kel'Thuzad's stunt doubles.

I have to say I'm a little underwhelmed. The game isn't bad, but it hasn't really enthralled me the way my last couple of purchases have. Still, the last game I played like this was Soul Reaver back on the PS1, and while I had a tepid reaction at first it eventually became one of my favorite games. Maybe lightning will strike twice.

KIERKEGAARD

Sigpic shamelessly stolen from Kate Beaton.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 01-07-2010 01:27:01 PM
Its an okay game so far. I'm enjoying Mark Hamill as the Watcher's voice.

And now I know why the game's art/character design looked familar: Joe Madureira (author/artist of Battle Chasers)was the creative director.

Katrinity fucked around with this message on 01-07-2010 at 01:37 PM.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 01-07-2010 06:49:01 PM
My favorite voice actor plays War. Liam O'Brian. First time I've heard him play a muscly character. Normally he does introverted, unsure of themselves sorts of characters.

However, as I get further in, the more I realize that it is probably one of those games that gives you very little in the way of storyline up until the very end. There's not much to it all except for "go here, do this, come back, repeat". Its not bad, per se, but having just gotten done with another runthrough of Dragon Age, it leaves me wanting a little.

Speaking of Dragon Age, there's a new, full expansion due to come out in March.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Mr. Parcelan
posted 01-08-2010 02:40:25 AM
I've got to say, I'm not entirely in love with the design. I was alright with the pseudo-skeletal demons, but now I'm with the Griever and...it's a Zergling.
Sentow, I Guess
Pancake
posted 01-10-2010 12:13:47 AM
So I was going backtracking through the game world, hunting down the pieces of the Armageddon Blade, and I started bumping into this new, um, enemy.

He's a zombie with an English accent brandishing a cane and a top hat. ...huh.

So far I've fought him at:

• A small cave in Drowned Pass reached through an underwater passage.
  • A cave outside the doors of the Twilight Cathedral, accessible only with the Abyssal Chain.
  • A ledge in Anvil's Ford on the road where War and Ulthane battle the Hellguard. It can only be reached with the Chain, as well.

I'm assuming there's a fourth encounter somewhere and that I'll get something awesome after beating him again. I'd bet he's on the Dry Road or in the Ashlands (argh), since the other encounters have been near or on the way to the four dungeons.

But, I'm running out of places to look for the crazy bastard. I'm worried that he may no longer appear now that I've gotten the Armageddon Blade reforged

Anybody else seen him?

Sentow, I Guess fucked around with this message on 01-10-2010 at 12:14 AM.

KIERKEGAARD

Sigpic shamelessly stolen from Kate Beaton.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 01-10-2010 12:19:11 AM
Deth and I just bought that tonight. I imagine he'll play it after he's done going through Dragon Age.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Timpofee
Mancake
posted 01-11-2010 03:36:36 PM
I got this for my wife last week and she is trying to beat Batman: Arkham asylum before getting into another game... and.. if you haven't played this batman.. holy crap! its awesome
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: