EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Post your Christmas haul
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 12-25-2009 10:57:57 AM
My wife got me a guitar. It's really nice. Now I just need to learn how to play it. My fingertips already hurt.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Number 1 Poster
posted 12-25-2009 11:15:10 AM
$80 US
and socks
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 12-25-2009 11:20:33 AM
This:

And a trip to Venice (Italy) from my girlfriend.

No socks. Really needed socks.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-25-2009 01:57:32 PM
Socks.

Video games.

Socks.

A sports cat for my car.

Socks.

Cash.

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 12-25-2009 02:11:34 PM
Book of Knowledge
100$ to Barnes and Noble
Handmade quilt
Penguin Statue
Wii with fit and sports
Our new couch and rug paid off (shall be delivered soon)
Leather driving gloves
New tires for the jeep

all in all, a grand christmas.

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 12-25-2009 02:13:48 PM
20 inch flatscreen moniter and a box of chocolates.

My kids are the focus for Christmas, and they had a pretty good haul of toys and candy.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Gadani
U
posted 12-25-2009 02:39:27 PM
Awesome, what kind of guitar?
Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 12-25-2009 05:58:10 PM
Nothing, because I've been snowed in for 48 hours and unable to leave the house.
Mightion Defensor
posted 12-25-2009 10:57:05 PM
Star Trek on DVD
A new hair dryer
$25 Best Buy gift card
A Wii Fit Plus
Mountain Dew sweatpants. Yes, Sweatpants colored green with the Mountain Dew logo all over them.
A Buffalo Sabres blanket-with-sleeves thingy
A copy of Scribblenaunts for my DS, which I'd originally bought for my nephew, but unneeded since my older brother, inexplicably remembering something I'd told him around Thanksgiving, bought him the same game.
nem-x
posted 12-26-2009 12:27:26 AM
quote:
Azakias Model 2000 was programmed to say:

My kids are the focus for Christmas

nem-x
posted 12-26-2009 12:30:06 AM
Norim Stumpfighter
Milkmaid
posted 12-26-2009 04:24:06 AM
Civ IV complete
Dragon Age: Origins
A Columbia Fleece
some chocolate

that's it so far. The family is going to bring back my gifts from my parents tomorrow while I get the distinct pleasure of going to work.

Oh, and my boss gave me a $25 regal cinemas card!

Norim Stumpfighter fucked around with this message on 12-26-2009 at 04:24 AM.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-26-2009 04:35:05 AM
quote:
Karnaj startled the peaceful upland Gorillas, blurting:
My wife got me a guitar. It's really nice. Now I just need to learn how to play it. My fingertips already hurt.

Take lessons. Ignore anyone who says otherwise.

If you really, really think you've got the time and dedication to do it all by yourself, then get this program. It's a great system...but I found by the time I dug everything out and got set up, I was already bored with it, and ended up just doing lesson 1 over and over again.

You'll make better progress quicker with lessons.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-26-2009 06:08:03 AM
I didn't know you were into cooking, Nem.

I am too.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 12-26-2009 10:04:52 AM
Video Games:
Rockband 2
Modern Warfare 2
New Super Mario Bros

Movies:
Inglorious Basterds
Star Trek

Books:
What the Dog Saw
Good Eats: The Early Years

Gadgets:
Bluetooth headphones for my iPhone
Car charger/FM Transmitter for my iPhone

Clothes:
Button up Shirt
Zip up Hoodie
V-neck Sweeter
Pack of Boxer shorts
Sleep pants

Misc:
Coffee table
Nice men's Shampoo, Conditioner, and Shave Cream set.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 12-26-2009 10:33:43 AM
quote:
Aw, geez, I have Bloodsage all over myself!
Take lessons. Ignore anyone who says otherwise.

If you really, really think you've got the time and dedication to do it all by yourself, then get this program. It's a great system...but I found by the time I dug everything out and got set up, I was already bored with it, and ended up just doing lesson 1 over and over again.

You'll make better progress quicker with lessons.

I think lessons are in order, though my wife was nice enough to get me a book and a DVD as a way to get me started. I figure I'd get the most out of lessons if I could play for more than five minutes without my fingertips killing me.

Also, Nem, glad to see you're on the ball.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 12-26-2009 02:37:59 PM
My mom dropped off our stuff this morning. As soon as I picked up the box, I remembered immediately: I get pajamas and gloves every year with some small gift cards.

So I guess speculation really wasn't necessary.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-26-2009 02:46:32 PM
quote:
Channeling the spirit of Sherlock Holmes, Karnaj absently fondled Watson and proclaimed:
I think lessons are in order, though my wife was nice enough to get me a book and a DVD as a way to get me started. I figure I'd get the most out of lessons if I could play for more than five minutes without my fingertips killing me.

Also, Nem, glad to see you're on the ball.

That actually goes away fairly quickly with practice. You haven't mentioned what style guitar, but make sure you're pressing with the tips of your fingers near the fret, and only use as much pressure as you need to avoid buzzing the string.

If you've got an electric, try one of these babies. Got one for Christmas, and it lets you practice using headphones so you aren't annoying either the spouse or neighbors.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Suddar
posted 12-26-2009 03:05:00 PM
I got Rock Band 2 and a new 32" LCD to go with it. Thanks mom. I got a lot of other fun stuff too, like some furniture, a $50 Best Buy gift card, lots of delicious candy, boots and a crock pot. Oh, and socks, of course. But I really did need them, so I didn't mind.

Now I just need to figure out how to play Rock Band's drum set without shaking my entire living room. My landlord is my downstairs neighbor, but god I've been wanting to play this game for so long, fuck my landlord. Right now I have a couple of towels folded up under the bass pedal, but on some songs (like Alive) no amount of padding will stop the vibration. Damn these hardwood floors.

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 12-26-2009 09:21:01 PM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about Reading Rainbow:

This.

+Civ 4 complete and cold hard cash

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 12-26-2009 09:28:21 PM
Nikon D3000 w/ 18-55mm lens
Video camera
Das keyboard
Several books on yacht design
Books on yacht racing theory
Book on working with carbon fiber
Emmerson, Lake, and Palmer concert dvd and album
Socks
Plus cash

So a pretty good haul.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 12-27-2009 03:24:08 AM
1027 small rare-earth magnets in the shape of balls.. that inexplicably entrance anyone who messes with them. (link)
Some cash
Two new (much needed) pairs of shoes.
A fuckton of cookies that'll make me walk in said shoes more to work off the gut.
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 12-27-2009 12:33:39 PM
I picked up a nice pair of winter boots, some socks (Much needed), a bartender kit + giant drink recipe book, and a small stuffed-animal of my favorite creature: The Aye-Aye Lemur which now sits on my monitor. Unblinking.
My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 12-27-2009 05:40:18 PM
Five wooden six sided dice in a wooden jewelry box shaped like a six sided die.

Not too shabby, considering I'm Jewish.

Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 12-28-2009 09:38:38 AM
quote:
Bloodsage's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:

If you've got an electric, try one of these babies. Got one for Christmas, and it lets you practice using headphones so you aren't annoying either the spouse or neighbors.

I second that, great practice tool for quiet time.

Down the road you can get a toneport if you want to record or just use your computer as an fx processor! I've been using their products for about 6 or 7 years now. I love Line6.

As for xmas...

I got nothin.

Well, the waccom tablet from my co-worker.

But besides that, nothing.

I was happy though. I was able to spend time with my family, since we never seem to be on the same page. I was able to visit my friend's grave, which I haven't been able to do...

I want to move back to Tampa now. I felt at home up there, unlike here in south florida, where I don't feel at home. I feel like my life is in danger every few minutes due to the idiots here.

Anyway.

Good holiday all in all.

Greenlit
posted 12-28-2009 01:09:44 PM
If you're driving a vehicle in Broward county your life is in danger every few minutes.
Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 12-28-2009 01:22:18 PM
quote:
Greenlit had this to say about pies:
If you're driving a vehicle in Broward county your life is in danger every few minutes.

QFT

Vallo, the Second Coming
Pancake
posted 12-28-2009 04:15:52 PM
$85
Two pairs of pants
a Chewbacca shirt
Lots of food
To see my favorite lil cousin for the first time since she was about seven years old (She's 13 now)
Drunk as hell
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
Vallo, the Second Coming
Pancake
posted 12-28-2009 04:18:14 PM
quote:
Greenlit had this to say about Captain Planet:

nt

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
Xian
Pancake
posted 12-30-2009 10:59:22 AM
A few shirts, a frame, a wallet, a key finder. Kind of a crappy run this year considering I spent about 1k on presents.

Almost got a 50 inch tv but it wouldn't fit in the car.

Razor
posted 01-02-2010 06:56:28 PM
Items So Far (Having Christmas #2 with family tomorrow)

Trip to DC from the 20th to yesterday(JAN1) with relatives residing in VA.
(Flight, room/board)
2 shirts
2 pair pants
Slinky
3 video games (for the 360)
Amateur Radio books
Amateur Radio Waterproof Logs
3 Other Books (one Photo Book from Isreal, Couple of Political Books as well)
1 Anime Box set.
1 Reproduction painting of: Ludolf Backhuysen (artist) - Dutch, 1631 - 1708, Ships in Distress off a Rocky Coast, 1667

1 Cold picked up on the 24th... x.x

Bought my Wife a SONY 10.1 Megapixel camera and photo frames and a book.

Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Maradon!
posted 01-04-2010 02:37:28 AM
I got awesome mittens, a Dremel and bit set, and a $50 best buy gift card

Dremels are awesome. Weeks later I'm still going around boring little pits into things. I also put a new screw hole into my new cousin's toy and fixed a window.

Chugga
Pancake
posted 01-07-2010 10:15:09 AM
I think for how little I wanted for X-mas I did pretty well this year.

Parentals:

Mexx dress pants, shirt, and sweater
Pyjama pants which already shrunk and are too small for me
Bose SL2 wireless speaker transmitter so I don't have a huge black cable running through the middle of my apartment

GF:

Mont Blanc passport wallet with my initials engraved (Not sure what the proper word is for it being pressed into the leather)
$50 gift certificate from a bunch of malls around Canada

Work:

RIM windbreaker
RIM blanket
RIM Monopoly
$30 HMV gift card
a Mug
a Book
$100 The Keg gift card

I was more proud of what I gave this year...

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 01-07-2010 06:50:49 PM
quote:
(Not sure what the proper word is for it being pressed into the leather)

Embossed.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: