EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Three predictions
Mr. Parcelan
posted 11-30-2009 01:35:14 AM
ITT, you make three predictions as to what will happen in the next decade. If you are wrong, you must get hit with a ceremonial buick.

1. Democratic government installed in Iran.
2. Cloning technology refined to replace an extinct species.
3. Auto industry revolution for fewer emissions.

I'm optimistic

Steven Steve
posted 11-30-2009 08:13:55 AM
1. Taxes raised insane amounts under a Democratic administration, Democrats blamed
2. People still view economic health in America in terms of dollars and "acceptable" levels of unemployment and inflation
3. Advertising and marketing reach psychological and exploitative heights as never before
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 12-07-2009 08:09:37 PM
I predict only two sure things.

1. Death
2. Taxes

Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-07-2009 08:18:57 PM
Holy fuck, how clever and witty that has never been said before why the fuck do you even contribute, good lord

HAH

WOMEN AM I RIGHT

AND HOW ABOUT THESE GOVERNMENT BAILOUTS I SURE WISH THE GOVERNMENT WOULD GIVE ME A BAILOUT

GLOBAL WARMING? UHHH IT'S SNOWING GREAT CALL MR GORE

DEATH AND TAXES IT IS FUNNY BECAUSE THEY ARE BEING COMPARED IN A MANNER THAT SUGGESTS THEY ARE BOTH COMMON AND AWFUL A GUY LIKE ME CAN RELATE TO THAT SORT OF HUMOR

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 12-08-2009 01:15:32 AM
Hrmm, the next decade you say?

1) The first manned flight to Mars is undertaken.
2) Promising treatment for a number of diseases are discovered from stem cell research including the cure for cancer.
3) Cookie Monster, driven to the brink of insanity by severe cutbacks on his 'sometimes' food source of cookies, goes on a homicidial killing spree in the buroughs of Seasame Street. The final death toll before police snipers take him out will be 14 plue one Elmo.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Peter
Pancake
posted 12-08-2009 03:17:33 AM
1. Video Games will transition to a wholly digital distribution system, Leaving only the hardware and peripherals to be sold in stores.

2. China's Oil industry will privatize, explode, and seriously challenge the middle east.

3. MTV will finally Change their Name in the same retarded fashion of spike or Syfy, to reflect that they in fact never play Music videos ever.--Seriously after Flipping through and catching a glimpse of Jersey Shore, What further proof is needed? I mean who really thinks a show about a bunch of Greasy Ginny fuckwads is a good idea?--

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 12-08-2009 03:36:46 AM
Predictions, eh? Ok, here goes:

1. Politicians from various parties promise during election campaigns to make things better. After being elected they either do nothing but talk, or actually fuck shit up worse than before.

2. A sports team from a major American city will win its respective sports' championship. Excessive celebration and property damage follows.

3. A major celebrity will be involved in a scandal involving their use of drugs, alcohol or deviate sexual practices. Or possibly all three at once.

And just for you guys, here's a special bonus prediction:

The US Postal Service finally gets involved in e-mail in a big way, but only after figuring out a way to both slow down the flow of electrons and charge an exobritant and ever-escalating rate for doing so.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 12-08-2009 06:15:34 AM
quote:
From the book of Ghost of Forums Past, chapter 3, verse 16:
I predict only two sure things.

1. Death
2. Taxes

I'm pretty sure we can find a cure for that first one.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 12-08-2009 06:25:59 AM
quote:
Random Insanity Generator attempted to be funny by writing:
I'm pretty sure we can find a cure for that first one.

The first is the cure for the second already.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Number 1 Poster
posted 12-08-2009 06:36:23 AM
quote:
Tarquinn Model 2000 was programmed to say:
The first is the cure for the second already.

Naw they pretty much just transfer whatever you owe to the next of kin and then tax it.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-08-2009 06:25:38 PM
In England, they tax dying.

And tax.

They tax tax.

No. Really.

Kermitov 2
Pancake
posted 12-08-2009 09:41:16 PM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
In England, they tax dying.

And tax.

They tax tax.

No. Really.

Let me tell you how it will be

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 12-09-2009 12:42:44 AM
quote:
Kermitov 2 had this to say about Duck Tales:
Let me tell you how it will be

There's one for you, nineteen for me.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Skaw
posted 12-09-2009 01:03:44 AM
Politicians will quit squabbling with each other and actually be concerned about those that put them in office, rather than the back room dealers and their bank accounts.

Less restrictive legislation, harsher penalties for infractions.

I will be less of a fatty.

WELP GET THAT BUICK READY I'LL ASSUME THE POSITION

Genericgirl
Generictitle
posted 12-09-2009 04:05:14 AM
Here's my post for once in a blue moon. Hahaha

1. A Host/Hostess or co-host for a reality show will have something so tragic happen to them that they can no longer Host the reality show. Possibly death.

2. Medical research will finally be approved to go into testing of human patients being able to grow their own spare body parts through stem cell and cloning technologies combined.

3. December of 2012, a cult of people will hide in a huge bunker underground which collapses killing them all. Over 200 people lose their life in this ironic tragedy.

Hope everyone is doing well. Don't join any cults.

Gen

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 12-09-2009 06:30:58 AM
quote:
The propaganda machine of Callalron's junta released this statement:
There's one for you, nineteen for me.

In the seventies, the capital gains tax in Britain was actually 97%. I know that "Taxman" was a decade earlier, they still got it basically right.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 12-10-2009 04:16:29 AM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
In the seventies, the capital gains tax in Britain was actually 97%. I know that "Taxman" was a decade earlier, they still got it basically right.

Wasn't Taxman written because "the fab four" got hit with some extortionate 90+% tax rate?

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Steven Steve
posted 12-14-2009 07:48:48 AM
Global warming doesn't actually matter, it's just that people are so butthurt over the fact that it isn't for certain proven that anthropogenic global warming will ruin the atmosphere that they forgot that fossil fuels are still a limited resource and it's gonna be like Mad Max 2 in 100 years anyway, only with more pollution. It's sort of like the Chernobyl plant blowing up or something, and someone shouts "HOLY FUCK IT'S GONNA KILL EVERYTHING ON EARTH" and then someone says "YOU CAN'T PROVE THAT" and then pretending it's still acceptable to be having nuclear meltdowns because the damage will be sequestered at some time in the future, maybe, and human lives and the environment are sunk costs for having big balls

But people will continue to deliberate over global warming in the coming years anyway

Steven Steve fucked around with this message on 12-14-2009 at 07:49 AM.

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: