EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: everyone who is named mark irl
Mr. Parcelan
posted 11-01-2009 09:37:48 PM
can get the fug out
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 11-01-2009 10:59:55 PM
fuck you im stayin
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 11-02-2009 04:22:27 AM
Haha, who writes that name with a K?!
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 11-02-2009 05:21:05 AM
quote:
Tarquinn has funnier quote texts than me:
Haha, who writes that name with a K?!

Most people in the western world.

Tarquinn
posted 11-02-2009 07:20:22 AM
How quaint.
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 11-02-2009 07:26:40 AM
Very few words end with a c in english. It's usually just k, ck or ce.

Blindy. fucked around with this message on 11-02-2009 at 07:27 AM.

Tarquinn
posted 11-02-2009 08:51:06 AM
quote:
From the book of Blindy., chapter 3, verse 16:
Very few words end with a c in english. It's usually just k, ck or ce.

Gawd, I was kidding. Because my name ends with a C.

Also, I can think of quite a few English words ending with a c. A comparable number to words ending with k, ck or ce? I don't know. Does it matter? Like, at all? I don't think so.

Tarquinn
posted 11-02-2009 08:57:11 AM
Okay, I guess you were kidding too.

Because more words in the English language end with C, than all of your examples combined.

Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 11-02-2009 09:35:01 AM
Hrm... looks like my english teacher fuced up.

Although most of these words seem to be just other words (that don't end with "ic") ended with the suffix -ic, meaning "of, or pertaining to".

I've got this idea in my head that there is a hierarchy of words, and derived words such as those that contain a suffix aren't really first class citizens in a language. You don't need to know the definition of pelvic to know that it means "of the pelvis". Don't have any idea where that comes from, I'm not exactly schooled in etymology.

Blindy fucked around with this message on 11-02-2009 at 09:39 AM.

On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Taeldian
Pancake
posted 11-03-2009 01:08:23 AM
If you drop the -ic suffix, there are only 425 words ending with C.

That's good enough for me.

Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 11-03-2009 01:34:33 AM
You'd have to remove all derived words, such as "abundance" from the "ce" category, to balance things out. Every prefix and suffix. You'd see those 1000-3000 entries per "k", "ck", and "ce" drop down pretty harshly as well.

Also Marc is short for Marcus who was bad-ass in Fallout 2. And Mark is in the bible.

Bad-ass mutie that wields a chain gun > some dude who wrote about Jesus and died.

"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Tarquinn
posted 11-03-2009 05:10:52 AM
This is probably the weirdest e-Penis contest I have seen in a while.

But as I seem to be on the winning side, I'll allow it.

Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 11-03-2009 09:14:21 AM
What suffix ends with K or CK?

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:English_suffixes

On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 11-03-2009 10:53:51 PM
The following words don't register whatsoever on dictionary.com (which checks with about a dozen dictionaries):

Aftertack
Airbrick
Aircheck
Almanack
Angelick
Anklejack
Antick
Antiblock
Anticrack
Antihijack
Antikickback
Antirock
Antistick
Antistock
Apricock
Archmock
Arsefuck
Arsmetrick
Asmack
Aspick
Assfuck

21 out of the first 50 words don't exist.

"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 11-03-2009 10:58:01 PM
quote:
Inferno-Spirit has funnier quote texts than me:
The following words don't register whatsoever on dictionary.com (which checks with about a dozen dictionaries):

Aftertack
Airbrick
Aircheck
Almanack
Angelick
Anklejack
Antick
Antiblock
Anticrack
Antihijack
Antikickback
Antirock
Antistick
Antistock
Apricock
Archmock
Arsefuck
Arsmetrick
Asmack
Aspick
Assfuck

21 out of the first 50 words don't exist.

youre being a real apricock about this

Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 11-03-2009 11:49:57 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Liam said:
youre being a real apricock about this

Anklejack off.

Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 11-04-2009 12:19:32 AM
So Blindy's teacher told him words don't end in c except when they do but those don't count. The german guy corrects him by showing us a site that thinks fuckgash and skullfuck are words. I started to be a bitch and got called an apricock

pockmanky shitstains

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 11-04-2009 07:44:38 AM
It's been like 12 years since freshman English, if I remembered anything accurately it would be amazing.

But I think the lesson was on guessing the probable spelling via phonetics and one of the ideas was that you can pretty well bet that your root word doesn't end with a c if it has that sound.

It doesn't really matter. Just a trivial curiosity.

Blindy. fucked around with this message on 11-04-2009 at 07:45 AM.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 11-05-2009 06:31:04 PM
This thread.

God damn this thread.

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 11-05-2009 10:36:40 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan got a whole lot of nerve:
This thread.

God damn this thread.

yo big baby