EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Oh my...
Mightion Defensor
posted 09-15-2009 04:18:06 PM
quote:

Due to the overwhelming success of the recent Free Character Transfer Service, we want to inform you that on October 15, 2009, at 5:00 PM PT, Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) will close the following 12 Star Wars Galaxies servers:

o Corbantis
o Europe-Infinity
o Intrepid
o Kauri
o Kettemoor
o Lowca
o Naritus
o Scylla
o Tarquinas
o Tempest
o Valcyn
o Wanderhome

It's been years since I've played SWG, but I still have good memories of Tarquinas and Avatar City. I gues part of me is surprised it's still running at all.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 09-15-2009 04:19:36 PM
Still one of the best named servers ever.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 09-15-2009 07:52:02 PM
Funny this happens now... SWGEmu just did a massive update a couple days ago... Thier website then got DoS attacked. It was down for almost 2 days. There's still some lag and disconnects in game as of right now but it's getting better.

Mission Terminals all work now, including BH and if anyone unlocks Jedi the BH's will be able to hunt them. They've disabled vehicles for now because of a crash caused by them. But they're getting really close to having things up to par soon. XP is cranked up to 200% for now during this test phase.

http://www.bloodfin.net
Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 09-16-2009 01:47:30 AM
quote:
Kaglaaz How'ler painfully thought these words up:
Funny this happens now... SWGEmu just did a massive update a couple days ago... Thier website then got DoS attacked. It was down for almost 2 days. There's still some lag and disconnects in game as of right now but it's getting better.

Mission Terminals all work now, including BH and if anyone unlocks Jedi the BH's will be able to hunt them. They've disabled vehicles for now because of a crash caused by them. But they're getting really close to having things up to par soon. XP is cranked up to 200% for now during this test phase.

Can the Jedi's party turn around and curbstomp the BH who attacks their tank? I fucking hated having to sit there with my thumb up my ass while the BH and Jedi ran fucking half-way across the desert and I couldn't do shit to help.

Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 09-16-2009 10:21:06 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Dr. Gee said:
Can the Jedi's party turn around and curbstomp the BH who attacks their tank? I fucking hated having to sit there with my thumb up my ass while the BH and Jedi ran fucking half-way across the desert and I couldn't do shit to help.

Server update has some bugs in it. No one's had a chance to do much leveling yet. The bugs are being squashed and there's been over 600 people logged on with zero lag until the server Deadlocked again.

As the idea behind this Emulator is to make the game what it was before the Combat Upgrade (update 14.1) I doubt that much will have changed in regards to BH v Jedi.

Tarquinn
posted 09-17-2009 04:49:40 PM
Six Years Too Late, Star Wars Galaxies Gets Interesting
Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 09-23-2009 01:16:13 PM
I jumped online and transferred to Starsider. Before I left I went to Avatar Metropolis (it's still there and once again in Imperial hands (Claud'e)) and took some screenshots of the guildhall which hasn't changed very much at all. Kavol's office was still there. The meeting room and other stuff. I'll upload them some other time.

I'm actually enjoying the NGE a little right now. I still perfer the Pre-CU, but running the Battle of Hoth from an Imperial standpoint is kind of fun. You take control of an AT-ST and drive it across the battlefield, protecting the AT-AT's from mines and turrets and Rebel commandos. After that you take out the speeders. Then you go into Echo Base and destroy the Rebels, trying to destroy or capture whatever you can before they escape.

Space has a new area that has Tier 6 stuff. They've added gunboats to the game as well. I have yet to see the gunboats but I understand they're well done.

Jargum
Doughnut
posted 09-23-2009 03:50:41 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Kaglaaz How'ler said:
I jumped online and transferred to Starsider. Before I left I went to Avatar Metropolis (it's still there and once again in Imperial hands (Claud'e)) and took some screenshots of the guildhall which hasn't changed very much at all. Kavol's office was still there. The meeting room and other stuff. I'll upload them some other time.

I'm actually enjoying the NGE a little right now. I still perfer the Pre-CU, but running the Battle of Hoth from an Imperial standpoint is kind of fun. You take control of an AT-ST and drive it across the battlefield, protecting the AT-AT's from mines and turrets and Rebel commandos. After that you take out the speeders. Then you go into Echo Base and destroy the Rebels, trying to destroy or capture whatever you can before they escape.

Space has a new area that has Tier 6 stuff. They've added gunboats to the game as well. I have yet to see the gunboats but I understand they're well done.

I've seen the gunboats online, haven't logged in in years at this point though. They're the same gunboats you fight in the pilot missions. Each faction gets their appropriate gunboat and it's god damn huge inside apparently.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 09-24-2009 02:12:22 AM
Too little too late imho.
Jargum
Doughnut
posted 09-24-2009 07:48:06 PM
Oh, and they patched in some dungeon or other with ZOMBIE STORMTROOPERS to tie in with the book Deathtroopers. So, yeah.
Tarquinn
posted 09-25-2009 03:25:36 AM
quote:
From the book of Jargum, chapter 3, verse 16:
Oh, and they patched in some dungeon or other with ZOMBIE STORMTROOPERS to tie in with the book Deathtroopers. So, yeah.

No, really?!

Jargum
Doughnut
posted 09-25-2009 03:32:39 AM
quote:
Tarquinn enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
No, really?!

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 09-27-2009 04:04:29 PM
Because I needed to post this.

Somewhere.

Anywhere.

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 09-30-2009 08:12:32 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Mortious said:
Because I needed to post this.

Somewhere.

Anywhere.

That was the greatest episode of any television show in history, ever.

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: