EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Inglourious Basterds
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 08-22-2009 05:56:33 AM
seen it yet? don't plan on seeing it?

how is it?

good? bad? horrible?

Addy
posted 08-22-2009 01:56:29 PM
Think Fal and I might see it tonight.
Talonus
Loner
posted 08-22-2009 02:52:01 PM
Definitely worth seeing; I only have three real complaints about the movie. I wanted more of the Basterds; the trailer is a little misleading about how much Nazi killin' you see from them. Some of the scenes go on too long, but its a Tarantino movie so that's expected. Also, because its a Tarantino movie I expected a Hitler monologue to rival the scene from Der Untergang, but it never materialized.
Greenlit
posted 08-23-2009 02:14:41 AM
It's a pretty excellent movie in all regards.

Was very hard for me to not goosestep into the auditoriums playing it today.

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 08-23-2009 03:07:17 AM
fantastic, thank you.

i now see our plans for Tuesday.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-24-2009 04:36:25 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Talonus said:
Definitely worth seeing; I only have three real complaints about the movie. I wanted more of the Basterds; the trailer is a little misleading about how much Nazi killin' you see from them. Some of the scenes go on too long, but its a Tarantino movie so that's expected. Also, because its a Tarantino movie I expected a Hitler monologue to rival the scene from Der Untergang, but it never materialized.

This.

Except Hitler wasn't the real villain, so we got a lot of fun stuff from Hans Landa.

Peter
Pancake
posted 08-24-2009 05:38:43 AM
Ehh, I would say it was okay. Wouldn't burn any bridges to see it. Action was slow and sparse, and the dialog seemed to meander, akin to an essay written in middle school were someone starts adding in big words and extra adjectives to make the minimum word count.

However, IMHO the last 10 minutes or so (Well right from when you hear buongiorno ) though did pretty much make it worth my 5 bucks to see it.

Number 1 Poster
posted 08-24-2009 05:59:44 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
This.

Except Hitler wasn't the real villain, so we got a lot of fun stuff from Hans Landa.

Hitler was never the real enemy. It was Bush.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-24-2009 07:14:57 AM
It will blow the minds of those sheeple.
Ares
posted 08-25-2009 01:04:33 AM
This is the first movie thread that I have refused to read the spoiler tags. I want to see this. Yes.

But, I'm poor, so it will have to wait.

Blackened
posted 08-25-2009 10:09:31 PM
It was good. 3.5/5

Hans Landa steals the movie, same complaints as above. Needed WAY more Basterds.

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 08-26-2009 10:36:43 PM
quote:
Blackened was listening to Cher while typing:
It was good. 3.5/5

Hans Landa steals the movie, same complaints as above. Needed WAY more Basterds.

couldnt agree more.. 15 minutes in, and I consigned myself to buying this when its released.. just because of Landa.

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Greenlit
posted 08-27-2009 04:37:58 AM
Prior to Basterds, Christoph Waltz (Landa) had mostly done one-time roles on German television programs and was never a very notable actor.
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 09-01-2009 02:56:58 AM
saw it

liked it very much

will buy DVD

did need more Basterds though.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 09-03-2009 02:26:03 AM
I need a Hugo Stiglitz shirt.
All times are US/Eastern