EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: District 9
Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 08-15-2009 03:31:54 AM
I really enjoyed it. I thought the aliens were handled pretty damn well in both CG and how the story worked. I also thought the development of the main character was pretty sensible and I don't feel that he made any arbitrary jumps in beliefs. He seemed to be very human in how he acted and changed throughout the movie.
Anklebiter, again.
Pancake
posted 08-15-2009 01:30:25 PM
It was a pretty well done movie. Not quite as thoughtful as I expected it to be but I was still pleased. I enjoyed how they transitioned away from the documentary style and still kept the movie pretty solid and flowing.
Suddar
posted 08-15-2009 09:27:08 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Anklebiter, again. was all like:
It was a pretty well done movie. Not quite as thoughtful as I expected it to be but I was still pleased. I enjoyed how they transitioned away from the documentary style and still kept the movie pretty solid and flowing.

So was it mostly an action movie or what?

Anklebiter, again.
Pancake
posted 08-15-2009 09:32:48 PM
It had plenty of action and exploding people yes, but a decent story besides that.
Dr. Gee
posted 08-15-2009 10:00:26 PM
quote:
Anklebiter, again. enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
It had plenty of action and exploding people yes, but a decent story besides that.

The review I read for the movie agreed with that along the lines of, "This movie shows that you can have both an interesting plot with some kind of message and exploding people at the same time."

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 08-16-2009 07:13:31 PM
And did people ever explode.
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 08-16-2009 08:32:33 PM
Why is it that nobody, anywhere, can tell me what this movie's about besides the fact that there's aliens, and people blow up?
Greenlit
posted 08-16-2009 08:35:04 PM
do you know what apartheid is

district 9 is apartheid but with aliens and instead of blacks

and a lot of people blow up.

Dr. Gee
posted 08-16-2009 09:25:11 PM
quote:
Mooj spewed forth this undeniable truth:
Why is it that nobody, anywhere, can tell me what this movie's about besides the fact that there's aliens, and people blow up?

Because it's one of those movies that goes beyond "Okay, didn't feel ripped off," into the territory of, "Wow, I'm really glad I got the chance to be a bit surprised!" I've been intentionally vague about plot since it's pretty enjoyable.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: