EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Champions Online
Xian
Pancake
posted 08-06-2009 11:27:10 AM
Who has pre-ordered it? For a "limited time offer" they are selling lifetime subscriptions. I don't think I will be getting that, but the game looks pretty cool.

http://champions-online.com/

Xian fucked around with this message on 08-06-2009 at 11:28 AM.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 08-06-2009 01:28:11 PM
Bill Roper's last attempt at lifetime subscriptions went so well right dudes?

Hellgate

Greenlit
posted 08-06-2009 02:16:38 PM
every single character on the main page is thinly-veiled plagiarism

every single one

Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-06-2009 03:07:43 PM
Very thinly-veiled.

I haven't really been excited about it.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 08-06-2009 05:30:37 PM
All accounts I've heard of the game say it tries to be a mashup of CoH and WoW that fails to capture the redeeming qualities of either, with the possible exception of the character creator. It's not terrible but rather terribly mediocre, and might show some promise in a few months after release.

Sakkra fucked around with this message on 08-06-2009 at 05:38 PM.

Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 08-06-2009 05:52:54 PM
From what I've been hearing from the CoH Goons Statesman is the lead Dev for Champions and, much like when Brad McQuaid left EQ, City of Heroes has been better off since.

I'll wait and see how it goes I guess, but another thing CoH Goons have been saying is that so far the costume options lean pretty heavily towards the furry crowd.

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 08-06-2009 06:06:04 PM
dawntide's better fuck dis
Number 1 Poster
posted 08-06-2009 07:22:31 PM
What's dawntide never heard of it.
Peter
Pancake
posted 08-06-2009 08:12:53 PM
quote:
Dr. Gee thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
From what I've been hearing from the CoH Goons Statesman is the lead Dev for Champions and, much like when Brad McQuaid left EQ, City of Heroes has been better off since.

I'll wait and see how it goes I guess, but another thing CoH Goons have been saying is that so far the costume options lean pretty heavily towards the furry crowd.

Dunno, but it does seem that CoH Is suddenly putting in a ton of things that Champions id gonna offer. Big thing I dislike is the from the get go dispostion on micropayments

Anklebiter, again.
Pancake
posted 08-06-2009 09:57:36 PM
quote:
Dr. Gee was listening to Cher while typing:

Mecha things too. Somewhere along the lines you will get cyborg catgirl ninjas or some stupid shit.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-07-2009 02:04:01 AM
quote:
Anklebiter, again. said:
cyborg catgirl ninjas

I'm sold.

Addy
posted 08-07-2009 09:21:21 PM
That lifetime subscription is pretty genius on their part because there's no way the game is going to do well for two years. Wonder how many people fall for that
Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 08-08-2009 11:32:09 AM
quote:
Dr. Gee had this to say about Robocop:

EverQuest became a steaming shithole when Brad McQuaid left and Sony fully took over.

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent.
Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 08-08-2009 01:36:05 PM
quote:
Bricktop thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
EverQuest became a steaming shithole when Brad McQuaid left and Sony fully took over.

PoP was great and was the first expansion to veer from THE VISION. LDoN wasn't bad either. After that it did start to go bad fast though.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 08-09-2009 07:19:51 AM
EQ was a terrible game, but it was the only game in town.
nem-x
posted 08-09-2009 09:38:34 AM
Taeldian
Pancake
posted 08-09-2009 01:23:56 PM
quote:
Dr. Gee's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
PoP was great and was the first expansion to veer from THE VISION. LDoN wasn't bad either. After that it did start to go bad fast though.

LDoN was miserable.

Grinding out my Anger augs still gives me nightmares.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 08-09-2009 04:11:17 PM
I preordered champions.
Talonus
Loner
posted 08-12-2009 05:38:58 PM
quote:
Sakkra Model 2000 was programmed to say:
All accounts I've heard of the game say it tries to be a mashup of CoH and WoW that fails to capture the redeeming qualities of either, with the possible exception of the character creator. It's not terrible but rather terribly mediocre, and might show some promise in a few months after release.

This is pretty much correct. The character creator is cool, but the rest is mediocre at best. It'll be good for about a month if you're bored.

Number 1 Poster
posted 08-12-2009 07:47:49 PM
Lotro is dumb pass it on
nem-x
posted 08-12-2009 08:39:42 PM
Nina
posted 08-13-2009 01:47:29 AM
minus forty-two
Steven Steve
posted 08-16-2009 10:16:31 AM
Uh oh, it seems every current and future MMORPG on the market is a fucking mess.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 08-16-2009 04:30:02 PM
quote:
Talonus said this about your mom:
This is pretty much correct. The character creator is cool, but the rest is mediocre at best. It'll be good for about a month if you're bored.

So basically, it is like every other MMO that has hit the market. Sucks at first, gets better after 3-6 months if it doesnt fold.

Talonus
Loner
posted 08-16-2009 08:00:41 PM
quote:
Falaanla Marr had this to say about Duck Tales:
So basically, it is like every other MMO that has hit the market. Sucks at first, gets better after 3-6 months if it doesnt fold.

Yeah probably; bugs will get fixed, combat will get balanced, the performance issues will get optimized (hopefully), and end game content will go in. Usual stuff.

If you liked CoH go ahead and play it; the games are pretty similar. Just keep in mind that there's really only enough content for a month's play at most right now unless you're playing super casual.

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 09-01-2009 10:03:43 PM
If anyone else does jump in on this one, feel free to look me up. Handle is @DthBlayde
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: