EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: How are you today?
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 07-26-2009 12:46:40 PM
I tried really hard to find some content worth gracing the boards with, but I came up empty. So:

How are you all today? I'm feeling all right. Drum rehearsal starts in about an hour so I've got to head out soon.

How 'bout that Chevy Volt coming out? I'm skeptical about how it'll handle being driven for 5-8 years, but the concept of hardly ever paying for gas is exciting.

Any good 360 co-op games coming out? I can't seem to find any that Zair and I haven't already played through. We've been swapping off playing Bioshock, but it's almost over and there's a certain something lacking when we're not both playing.

I was recently dragged by my fiance to see The Proposal with Sandra Bullock. Normally romance comedies aren't my cup of tea, but this one wasn't too bad.

That's all I've got for now.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Vallo, the Second Coming
Pancake
posted 07-26-2009 01:24:17 PM
Today is a pretty good day.

I went to bed drunk as drunk can be last night and woke up at 4AM for work today. Got off at noon, went to see about a better job I'm trying to land as a sous chef of a gourmet restaurant/brewery.

Ate some tasty pizza on my way home, just did some stretching and about to go get some water, do more stretching, then go for a run.

After that I think I'll catch up on some WWE because the next PPV looks good and I haven't watched but one event in...five, six months.

Got registered for the NAGA (North American Grappling Association) event coming to Riverdale in September.

Edit: Hurr, double-post inside of a single post

Vallo, the Second Coming fucked around with this message on 07-26-2009 at 01:27 PM.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
Mightion Defensor
posted 07-26-2009 03:29:00 PM
Eh, I just went out looking for a certain Transformer, and didn't find it.

My next car is going to be a 2010 VW Golf TDI. I'm just waiting for pricing info to be released so I can get financing and order one.

My poor 360 is lonely. Last game I got on disc for it was SFIV. I don't even have any FPSs for it. Looking forward to the next TFU DLC though. I should figure out something though; its birthday is coming up.

I've got the place to myself for three days, so I'm debating where to go for dinner tonight.

Vallo, the Second Coming
Pancake
posted 07-26-2009 06:10:08 PM
Which Transformer?

Fallout 3.

Moe's!

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 07-26-2009 07:00:14 PM
Good luck at NAGA! I've got some friends from here in NFLD who will probably make their way down. What division?
Mightion Defensor
posted 07-26-2009 07:00:23 PM
quote:
Vallo, the Second Coming fell asleep and read just about every paragraph.
Which Transformer?

Fallout 3.

Moe's!

Revenge of the Fallen Leader Class Jetfire, to combine with my ROTF Leader Optimus Prime. bigbadtoystore.com got them in stock, but sold out between the time they sent the notification email, and the time I went to order mine.

Fallout 3... there's an idea.

Moe's.... not one near here that I know of, so I settled for Mickey D's.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 07-26-2009 07:07:18 PM
I went shooting yesterday and had a lot of fun with it. I'd like to get a revolver for home defense and sport, which I'd like to talk to Arttemis about, since he's got 40,000 guns in his bathroom, but he ain't here.

And I would get it none too soon, what with all these people in this thread learning the deadly martial arts.

Number 1 Poster
posted 07-26-2009 07:12:49 PM
I went food shoppin.

Still can't go to the gym because I haven't got the ok from my doctor yet for my back. It's sucks.

Vallo, the Second Coming
Pancake
posted 07-26-2009 07:22:28 PM
Liam, thanks and I'll be in heavyweight no-gi intermediate and gi blue belt.

Also Mightion, Bioshock?
I'm pretty sure I restocked those Revenge of the Fallen Leader Class Jetfire this morning (I work at Toys R Us part-time, in addition to other fun things)

Parce, for home defense, something with a larger magazine and lesser ability to go through walls would be preferable to most revolvers...though there are technically weak non-wall-beating revolvers as well. If you find something you really like that does not meet the part about not killing your friends/family/puppies through the wall then I suggest rubber bullets. For sport though, revolvers are pretty fun.

Edit: Just for a fun FYI, I train with Paul Creighton, and before that I trained with Pablo Popvitch. So far, I'm 3-1 at NAGA.

Vallo, the Second Coming fucked around with this message on 07-26-2009 at 07:24 PM.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 07-26-2009 07:46:31 PM
Back from drum practice, we've got a concert next week we're all kinda pumped for. Currently on WoW flying to Ulduar for my guild's Sunday night 7-11 raid.

Regarding guns, I've added the acquisition of one to my to-do list this year. (Along with skydiving, getting a motorcycle license and taking up boxing) What's a good starter-gun I should look into? It's not primarily for home-defense, more of a fun way to spend a free afternoon at a range with goofy target posters. (I.E. zombies, clowns)

Time for a shameless plug of my band:I'm part of the drumline.

That NAGA stuff sounds interesting, have any links or info about it?

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 07-26-2009 09:22:24 PM
I'm currently training with a Pedro Sauer affiliate school. I've got to train with Wagnney Fabiano a bunch of times over the years, and a scatter time with his brother Leo Santos.

I get to meet Rob Lovi and Professor Sauer soon when they come back sometime this fall, so that should be cool.

I'm 4-1 in amateur kickboxing, haven't been to any big BJJ tourneys yet but I'd be in the same divisions as you.

Mightion Defensor
posted 07-26-2009 09:31:22 PM
Oh, sweet....

I went back to look at Leader Jetfire, and saw he was suddenly in stock again! Either they got more, or someone cancelled their order! So, I bought him. I then looked back after my order was confirmed, and he's out of stock again.

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 07-27-2009 08:20:19 PM
Working nights for a week. Sharing a roving watch with 12 other people, so while one group is out, the other is playing the WII.

Kinda cool. Change of pace.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Xian
Pancake
posted 07-28-2009 04:43:06 AM
My life has been stuck in the boring cycle of go to work 12 hours, stay up for 2 hours and play TF2, go to bed, rinse and repeat. I am looking forward to Blizzcon, and being able to play Diablo 3 again. Hopefully I won't get stuck at some lame ass job, I would prefer working at the d3 gaming area.

I can't wait to try the new Champions Online, I pre-ordered it.

Speaking of transformers, last month I got the Ravage panther transformer that transforms into a cassette tape that was used for the tape player transformer. (Not a huge transformers fan, but always wanted that one).

I also just found this, and I wants it.

http://www.everythingusb.com/ravage-transformer-flash-drive-16696.html

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 07-28-2009 05:14:00 AM
I put down an offer on a house. I'm pretty stoked and hoping I get it
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 07-28-2009 06:58:56 AM
Sleep, Eat, School, Train for fights. Life's cool!
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 07-28-2009 11:18:08 AM
Central air is working. And it's glorious.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Xian
Pancake
posted 07-31-2009 11:01:35 PM
Got my tooth pulled (like a boss) and it hurt like a bitch.
Captain Tarquinn
Don't Ask
posted 08-04-2009 10:31:29 AM
I am fine, excellent even.
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: