EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Prototype
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 06-18-2009 09:27:20 PM
Sooo... anyone else playing this yet?

I think it's passable, but the story is a bit ham-fisted and the graphics aren't exactly stellar. Though the latter is understandable due to the nature of the game and the fact there's half a million things going on around you at any one time.

It's like Assassins Creed on crack. Even has the same agility missions and "find all the glowing balls/flags" stuff. Hell the character even looks like the guy from AC, hood and all.

Greenlit
posted 06-18-2009 09:32:55 PM
This is a game in which you make your own fun.

Being quite adept at this, I love it to death.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 06-18-2009 09:43:22 PM
I gave up on it after an hour. I loved Assassin's Creed and inFamous, but this didn't do it for me.
Willias
Pancake
posted 06-19-2009 12:02:41 AM
pick up car

run down sidewalk

send people flying

yessss

Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 06-19-2009 01:52:08 AM
I fall somewhere in the middle of being totally into the sandbox and needing a story and I've been enjoying it. The story is pretty basic, but it's just enough to tie everything in together and give a reason for hunting down those Web of Intrigue targets.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 06-19-2009 07:55:45 AM
My favourite pasttime is pulling out the shield and running down the sidewalk.

Citizen bowling.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 06-19-2009 08:55:13 AM
helicopter hopping is a blast.

Jack a helicopter, jump out and jack another one, and keep doing this without touching the ground. Also fun is running up the side of a tall building, jumping off, and landing an elbow drop on something. Like a citizen. And watching the blood fly.

Timpofee
Mancake
posted 06-19-2009 09:38:07 AM
I am enjoying the game but as this is a button masher type game its a little tiresome so i usually only play it for like 2hrs.
But i bought the whiparm upgrade thinking that it would be a fun little attachment to screw around with.. but holy crap.. i love it now.
Sniping shit from far away with an appendage is awesome!
I mainly use it to kill off helicopters and the infected watertowers!
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 06-19-2009 05:53:01 PM
I sometimes miss the police officers that stop showing up once shit gets real. I thoroughly enjoyed disguising as a cop and gliding around the city as Supercop. Sometimes I'd grab a taxi and act like there was lady in labor inside, so I could run as fast as I can to the hospital and chuck the cab there.

I hate the fact that sword arm is so much better than everything else, or that claws / hammerfist become essentially useless.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 06-19-2009 07:48:28 PM
quote:
Sakkra said:
I hate the fact that sword arm is so much better than everything else, or that claws / hammerfist become essentially useless.

I just got that and the armour and yeah.. everything else is useless now.

Never bothered with the whip because I prefer to go Kung Fu on the helicopters.

Willias
Pancake
posted 06-19-2009 10:52:06 PM
Cannonball is now my favorite aerial attack.

Feel like fuckin Sonic the Hedgehog.

Dr. Gee
posted 06-19-2009 11:19:55 PM
quote:
Sakkra had this to say about pies:
I sometimes miss the police officers that stop showing up once shit gets real. I thoroughly enjoyed disguising as a cop and gliding around the city as Supercop. Sometimes I'd grab a taxi and act like there was lady in labor inside, so I could run as fast as I can to the hospital and chuck the cab there.

Until you get the Hammertoss. I can just throw myself around the city with that for hours without getting bored.

Mightion Defensor
posted 06-20-2009 12:51:54 AM
I may have to get this, based solely on today's Penny Arcade. I'm lazy; go look at it yourself.
Greenlit
posted 06-20-2009 01:49:49 AM
Hammerfists are my weapon of choice against tanks and hunters; Sword only wins out against the bigger hunters and supersoldiers.

Claws are still useless, though.

Willias
Pancake
posted 06-20-2009 01:58:52 AM
Dr. Gee
posted 06-20-2009 02:26:09 AM
quote:
Greenlit's account was hax0red to write:
Hammerfists are my weapon of choice against tanks and hunters; Sword only wins out against the bigger hunters and supersoldiers.

Claws are still useless, though.

I regret the points I spent upgrading them while there was still other shit to work on.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: