EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: DEADLIUST WARIAR
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-30-2009 01:49:35 PM
Has anyone seen this show? It airs on Spike, I believe.

I've seen the commercials, and I figured it would be a fanboy wankfest with dubious metrics gleaned from guys beating up on dummies and ballistics gel torsos. But it was on the other night, and the matchup was SPAAAAARTAN vs. Ninja.

Shockingly, I was not wrong about the fanboy wankfest. But despite that, I found it oddly compelling. The next one they were doing was Pirate vs. Knight. Avast! I would think the guy with the gun would win, but who knows?

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-30-2009 02:20:19 PM
Remember how the ninja paused to do a backflip over a log he could have much more quickly just leaped over?

That was to remind you he was a ninja.

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 04-30-2009 02:30:17 PM
This show is legitimately hilarious. The Spartan wrecks the Ninja due to THE SHIELD

Also the tests for Pirate vs. Knight were pretty cool. The deal breaker isn't really surprising.

Good show to watch before TUF anyways!

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 04-30-2009 02:42:43 PM
The "experts" are completely hilarious. They come across like real life versions of INTERNET TOUGHGUYS with a couple exceptions. I wish there was more beating up of ballistic dummies and pig carcasses, and less dickwaving about 'a knight would win because a pirate is a SINNER'

I fully expect the fat white ninja expert to still live in his mom's basement.

Sakkra fucked around with this message on 04-30-2009 at 02:48 PM.

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 04-30-2009 08:25:48 PM
yeah the french knights were all about honor, yes sir
Captain Tarquinn
Don't Ask
posted 05-01-2009 04:40:33 AM
Wasn't there a show called deadliest predator or something, in which they had matchups like shark versus tiger?
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
Vallo, the Second Coming
Pancake
posted 05-01-2009 12:23:23 PM
Yeah, I find it a pretty enjoyable way to spend an hour before I watch people use real violence on one another.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 05-05-2009 04:35:41 AM
Next episode: Yakuza vs Mafia

Dude with a gun vs a dude with a slightly different gun. I look forward to seeing some ballistic dummies getting blown the fuck up.

Edit: Hahaha that was pretty funny watching the Yakuza dudes get all butthurt when their mystical nunchucks didn't do as much damage as a baseball bat.

Sakkra fucked around with this message on 05-06-2009 at 01:17 PM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: