EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Great old movies never appearing on TV
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 04-09-2009 08:16:24 AM
I was thinking about awesome movies from the past that never get airtime on TV. Movies like.. say.. TRON or The Last Starfighter get played from time to time, but other great movies are never shown or heard about.

My choice would be Enemy Mine, a fantastic movie that I've never, ever, seen get playtime on TV. The Dark Crystal is never played, either.

Peter
Pancake
posted 04-09-2009 10:29:08 AM
Ehhh when I was like 12 Fox and I think it was WPHL in Jersey used to play Enemy Mine like every saturday afternoon.
Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 04-09-2009 11:22:18 AM
Yeah, when I was a kid Enemy Mine was on like three times a week on different channels. I remember WGN in Chicago played that shit every single weekend. Haven't seen it in years though.

Also, on the subject of Enemy Mine, I was flipping through the channels a few weeks ago and saw Louis Gossett Jr. on some saucy black sitcom. That motherfucker got OLD.

more like louis gossett sr am i rite

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent.
Sentow, I Guess
Pancake
posted 04-11-2009 02:47:40 PM
You never see anybody run the old animated Transformers flick anymore.

Maybe the networks think it's inappropriate for a kids' movie to feature good guys being graphically shot to death.
also it's pretty stupid

Come to think of it, you almost never see animated films that weren't made either by Disney or in Japan. Except Watership Down, apparently.

Sentow, I Guess fucked around with this message on 04-11-2009 at 02:49 PM.

KIERKEGAARD

Sigpic shamelessly stolen from Kate Beaton.

Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 04-14-2009 01:35:18 PM
I haven't seen The Secret of NIMH for ages...
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 04-24-2009 01:39:42 PM
I saw Troll on TV the other day. I loved that movie. Hell, I still do. It's so damned cheesy.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Ares
posted 04-24-2009 08:59:26 PM
The Dark Crystal is played all the time on my movie channels. I've never seen the whole thing though.. Always miss the first half.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: