EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Poll: Which DSi will you get?
Author
Topic: Nintendo DSi
Mightion Defensor
posted 04-01-2009 05:59:59 PM
The poll says it all - will you buy a blue one, or the black?

Yes, I'm bored and curious.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 04-01-2009 06:42:23 PM
Maradon!
posted 04-02-2009 07:10:07 AM
I have absolutely no intention of buying one.

Games using the camera seems to me about as fun as games using the microphone, which is to say not at all fun and in fact unbelievably stupid and annoying.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-02-2009 10:35:00 AM
If my DS were to break, I might consider it. Then again, I might just opt for the Pandora and run a SNES emulator or somesuch. That'd be cool.

Karnaj fucked around with this message on 04-02-2009 at 10:35 AM.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 04-02-2009 11:33:17 AM
I bought a gameboy DS and I think i've played all of three games on it. Mario Kart DS, Zelda, and Metroid hunters.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-02-2009 02:09:07 PM
Well, this thread just isn't going well.

It seems your false emperor has failed you again, Mightion.

Mightion Defensor
posted 04-02-2009 04:26:59 PM
It matters not. I shall be rewarded in the future for my loyalty, with riches and comely maidens.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-02-2009 06:41:07 PM
When did you convert?!
Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 04-02-2009 07:26:46 PM
I'm only buying the thing because my old DS finally died. Screens won't turn on, there's no sound from the speakers, and it won't power on when plugged in to the wall. On the other hand, the DSi is supposed to have slightly larger screens... or so I heard.

Kennatsu fucked around with this message on 04-02-2009 at 07:30 PM.

Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 04-02-2009 09:42:11 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Games using the camera seems to me about as fun as games using the microphone, which is to say not at all fun and in fact unbelievably stupid and annoying.

Yelling commands into the headset to your squad while playing whatever version of Rainbow Six for the Xbox that had the voice recognition software was pretty fun for about the first twenty minutes.

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent.
Mightion Defensor
posted 04-03-2009 01:38:22 AM
quote:
Kennatsu fell asleep and read just about every paragraph.
I'm only buying the thing because my old DS finally died. Screens won't turn on, there's no sound from the speakers, and it won't power on when plugged in to the wall. On the other hand, the DSi is supposed to have slightly larger screens... or so I heard.

Roughly eight percent larger, I believe, with a fifth brightness setting.

Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 04-05-2009 08:26:56 AM
What the heck?!? This thing feels heavier than my old DS!!!
Mightion Defensor
posted 04-05-2009 12:36:48 PM
I just got back from picking mine up - I picked up a 4 gb SDHC card to go with it. It's currently charging - the manual says specifically to charge the battery before using it the first time, so I don't even know if it works yet.

At least this one came with the second stylus - my DS Lite only came with one when it should have had two.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 04-05-2009 06:39:32 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Bricktop:
Yelling commands into the headset to your squad while playing whatever version of Rainbow Six for the Xbox that had the voice recognition software was pretty fun for about the first twenty minutes.

One of the more unique (Read: Not fun, but interesting) games I've ever played was Lifeline for the PS2. Not only did you control the entire game through the PS2's microphone, but at the start of the game you can tell your main character that you won't help her out, and the game will give you a game over screen immediately.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Mightion Defensor
posted 04-05-2009 11:01:40 PM
Okay, a couple observations after playing it all day...

1. When they say you can expect 4-6 hours of battery life on the default (second brightest) brightness setting, they mean it.

2. Good thing the Web Browser was free, because it's almost useless. I tried to bring up my WoW character's Armory page, and it ran out of memory. Even CNN's front page came up "Out of memory". Oh well, I didn't buy this thing to browse the web.

3. The cover for the DS card slot is the plastic outer door connected with bendable plastic! No wonder it says in the manual to be careful with it, or you might not get it closed!

4. Is Nintendo really saving that much money by having the manual in three languages... at 110 pages each?

5. The larger screens are noticeable, but not so much so that turning your old DS Lite on looks tiny afterwards.

6. In case anyone was wondering, split-screen games seem to "line up" properly on the larger screens.

7. The stylus is a noticeable improvement over the one for the DS Lite - which is saying a lot.

8. I could get used to the matte finish - no more fingerprints.

Kennatsu
posted 04-06-2009 12:55:36 AM
er... just be careful you don't drop the thing on your foot.
Nina
posted 04-06-2009 09:16:20 AM
The only good thing I could possibly see about the DSi is having it drop the regular DS price.

It didn't happen.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 04-24-2009 02:18:01 PM
It has NO backwards compatibility. Considering how many old school RPG games got ported over to the GBA but not yet to the DS (if at all), that's a deal-breaker for me.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Mightion Defensor
posted 04-24-2009 02:45:03 PM
quote:
From the Book of Armaments, Lyinar Ka`Bael did read;
It has NO backwards compatibility. Considering how many old school RPG games got ported over to the GBA but not yet to the DS (if at all), that's a deal-breaker for me.

The loss of the GBA slot didn't bother me since I kept my perfectly-working DS Lite. And hey, I can transfer Pokemon between Pearl and Platinum all by myself.

I've bought three games from the DSi Shop Channel - AQUIA, which is a very fun puzzle game once you get the hang of it, Wario Ware Snapped, which I've only playedf once, but was fun enough. The third was Dr. Mario Express, which while as fun as always... has no multiplayer. Then again, it was only 34 blocks.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 04-24-2009 02:49:00 PM
quote:
Mightion Defensor stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
The loss of the GBA slot didn't bother me since I kept my perfectly-working DS Lite. And hey, I can transfer Pokemon between Pearl and Platinum all by myself.

I've bought three games from the DSi Shop Channel - AQUIA, which is a very fun puzzle game once you get the hang of it, Wario Ware Snapped, which I've only playedf once, but was fun enough. The third was Dr. Mario Express, which while as fun as always... has no multiplayer. Then again, it was only 34 blocks.

I would keep my perfectly-working DS Lite as well, but that still doesn't help if I wanted to take a variety of games somewhere and had to lug along two DS's.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Captain Tarquinn
Don't Ask
posted 04-24-2009 05:01:31 PM
I think I might get one when I'm in the States.
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
Kennatsu
posted 04-24-2009 05:08:44 PM
I found my battery lasts longer when I have that internet option set to "off" and I keep the setting at #3. ugh... I got that Dr. Mario game and the one where a bird brain eats beans falling out of the sky.... 14k+ and 20k+ points for each respective game. (you unlock the other game where you spit seeds instead of sticking your tongue out)
Nina
posted 04-24-2009 07:06:29 PM
quote:
Kennatsu stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
I found my battery lasts longer when I have that internet option set to "off"

Wow, disable the wireless adapter and the batteries last longer!? Holy shit!

Skaw
posted 04-24-2009 07:39:12 PM
quote:
Nina's account was hax0red to write:
Wow, disable the wireless adapter and the batteries last longer!? Holy shit!

Reducing the backlights brightness does to?!

Please, Kennatsu. Tell us more about these technological marvels.

Skaw fucked around with this message on 04-24-2009 at 07:39 PM.

Kennatsu
posted 04-25-2009 12:35:08 AM
quote:
Skaw had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Reducing the backlights brightness does to?!

Please, Kennatsu. Tell us more about these technological marvels.

Soon as I figure out where the self destruct/detonate button is...

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: