EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: battle.net question
Norim Stumpfighter
Milkmaid
posted 03-02-2009 03:53:25 AM
A friend sent me what I thought was a "patch" from blizzard that made it so you could play Diablo 2 in a higher resolution than 800x600. The damn .exe file even had the blizzard logo (not that that would be hard to do I suppose). To make a long story short, it wasn't made by Blizzard and they "disabled" my cd-key.

Now the tech guy I emailed back and forth with said that first time offenses get a 30day suspension and repeaters get perma-banned. I was also told that they could not tell me if the suspension was 30 days or permanent and that I would just have to wait the 30 days and figure it out myself. I plead my case but they have a zero tolerance policy, which is understandable. So as the 30 days were up yesterday, what I'm trying to figure out why I am unable to log back into b.net. I know I've never had a problem like this before and I can't understand why they might permanently ban my cd-key.

Do you guys think it might be because it's a weekend and I have to wait til Monday for them to fix it? I have a growing group of friends at work that are waiting on me to get back on.

also, if push comes to shove, I've been told that I can just buy a new cd-key online. How does this work? I looked at a few sites and they claim that the keys are new, unhacked, unbanned, and unused. where do they come from? Is someone going around and buying up games from stores or is Blizzard actually selling people cd-keys? I'm just trying to figure out my options apart from going out and buying the software again.

any thoughts would help. oh, and I did email tech support again...

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-02-2009 08:02:50 AM
People still play Diablo 2?!?!
nem-x
posted 03-02-2009 08:05:57 AM
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 03-02-2009 08:23:41 AM
Doesn't diablo 2 cost like 10 bux?
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 03-02-2009 08:36:23 AM
blizzard sells digital licenses, yes

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=blizzard+store

Number 1 Poster
posted 03-02-2009 08:41:44 AM
quote:
Kegwen had this to say about Knight Rider:
blizzard sells digital licenses, yes

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=blizzard+store

why do people use lmgtfy instead of google itself?

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 03-02-2009 10:56:57 AM
Because it shows the questioner that they should have just asked google instead of asking a forum in a more assholish way than linking to the results would have.
Norim Stumpfighter
Milkmaid
posted 03-02-2009 02:08:32 PM
then again, I don't need the software, only a cd-key... has anyone bought one online? Suggestions of a place to go? I've been to all the places that come up with google but was wondering if anyone had a good experience with any particular site.
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 03-05-2009 07:41:34 AM
quote:
We were all impressed when Mortious wrote:
People still play Diablo 2?!?!

Not only do people still play it, Blizzard just patched it again, yesterday.

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-05-2009 08:03:19 AM
Number 1 Poster
posted 03-05-2009 08:14:46 AM
quote:
ACES! Another post by KaLourin:
Not only do people still play it, Blizzard just patched it again, yesterday.

any game play changes or just a rare bug fix?

Steven Steve
posted 03-05-2009 09:37:31 AM
Is this the patch that made the game fun?
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 03-07-2009 02:00:19 PM
Battle net recently started suspending cd keys for various infractions, such as modifying your exe, or logging in too often. Release and renew your ip address and you'll be fine.

also don't play diablo 2, i had a level 98 hammerdin this ladder season and let me tell you it's not that cool.

Number 1 Poster
posted 03-07-2009 02:19:23 PM
That's because all the cool kids are at 99
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: