EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Is it just me
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 02-23-2009 10:46:27 AM
Or does Left4Dead incite more rage quits and obese nerd screaming than any other game I've played?

Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike, CoD4, NS... none of them have been as bad as I saw this weekend. I bought the game when it was 50% off on steam, and I swear to god it feels like if there's a single mishap then half of your team vanishes almost instantly. One guy mis-threw a molotov while we were in a corner fighting off the horde, and before the flames even died out someone else had already quit out.

Steven Steve
posted 02-23-2009 11:05:04 AM
I dunno, I don't play it online because it's annoying enough as it is in a LAN. I find myself losing patience rather quickly in it, ha ha, but that's usually because of the "AI" director and "AI" pals if I ever have any. But mostly to win you just get the assault rifle, stand in a bathroom and fire at head level, run and not walk past the witches, and molotov the tank and run away, so I don't usually get that butthurt when I actually do die.

Steam ID: Yaldabaoth

Steven Steve fucked around with this message on 02-23-2009 at 11:05 AM.

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 02-23-2009 01:11:53 PM
it's fun with 3 - 7 friends

Everything I've heard about playing with the "community" is basically what you described

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 02-23-2009 05:38:41 PM
No, that's the beauty of x-box live. If you aren't a dick, it won't group you with people who are assholes (or at least try its best to do so).
Nina
posted 02-23-2009 05:54:06 PM
I refuse to play L4D outside of my select group of RL friends.
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 02-23-2009 11:21:07 PM
Is the bug still in-game where if you're playing multiplayer and you are zombie-side and join spectators and rejoin zombies quick, your spawned-in special infected stays?

A friend of mine spawned a crapload of hunters at the top of the elevator in No Mercy at one point and raped a team of four using AI controlled hunters. It was glorious.

Steven Steve
posted 02-23-2009 11:26:14 PM
I dunno, I don't play the Gloom mode
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

nem-x
posted 02-24-2009 12:45:03 AM
Captain Tarquinn
Don't Ask
posted 02-24-2009 04:42:32 AM
quote:
nem-x impressed everyone with:

You know, that's the first game that made me actually consider buying a 360.

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
Skaw
posted 02-24-2009 06:24:37 AM
code:
General

Fixed Survivors being able to climb surfaces marked for versus infected only

Fixed a class of SurvivorBot bugs dealing with rescuing downed players

Players can no longer grab ladders while flying through the air after a Tank punch

Shooting near a car with an alarm that has already fired the alarm will no longer make chirping noises

Improved loading time

Fixed mini-gun physics exploit

Fixed propane tanks (and other physics objects) causing players to fall through elevators

Fixed rare achievement bug issues

Fixed several map exploits

Fixed various match making issues

Fixed NAT traversal issues

Versus Changes

Added HUD elements to show status of other infected players

Changed color of infected player name in chat to red

Fixed exploit where players could spawn infected bots

Fixed instance where a Survivor changing to the infected team would be attacked by infected bots

Normalized special infected melee damage

Made the following client commands cheat protected: "Kill" and "explode"

Fixed exploit where infected players could run away and teleport back to gain health

Players can only change teams once per map

Players can't change teams while other players are still loading

Tank spawns at the same % through the map for both teams in versus mode

Made the Tank and Witch spawn directly on the escape route

Increased chance of getting the Tank or Witch

Fixed team swap issue

Hunter

Easier to pounce a Survivor who is meleeing

Increased Minimum damage a Hunter pounce does

Smoker

Fixed Smoker tongue tolerance

Smoker now has to be killed or the tongue destroyed for the tongue to break

Survivors cannot bash someone off the tongue until the Survivor being pulled is paralyzed or hanging

Tongue attacks that fail to paralyze or hang a Survivor will use the shorter ability delay timer

Fixed cases where the ability timer was not using the correct time

Fixed case where you could point at a Survivor but not register a tongue hit

Fixed Smoker tongue not targeting and landing properly through PZ ghosts

Smoker tongue does damage every second while dragging paralyzed Survivors

Tank

Bashable objects now appear with a red glow

Tanks hitting a car with an alarm disables the alarm permanently

Tank frustration timer is only reset by hitting Survivors with rocks or fists

Reduced autoshotgun damage against Tanks

Witch

Witch spawns at the same % through the map for both teams

Avoids spawning within a certain % of the tank

Fixed an exploit where the Witch could be woken up and tricked into attacking Survivors

Normalized damage: Hunter melee was decreased to 6 from 10. Smoker and Boomer melee was increased to 4 from 1.

Removing random tank and witch spawns for each team killed versus a bit. The second team will always know just about when to expect a Tank or come across a witch, giving them a little bit of an advantage.

The game still has it's problems. Smoker is still a total pain in the ass to play compared to Hunter and Boomer. Tank still can only hit one target at a time with his melee, where as Boomer, Hunter, and Smoker melee can hit as many targets that are in front of them and in range as they can at once. Witch is pretty pointless unless you're playing on Expert Versus. No Mercy 4 still sucks. Blood Harvest 5 still sucks.

Skaw fucked around with this message on 02-24-2009 at 06:29 AM.

Maradon!
posted 02-24-2009 07:45:34 AM
Louis is still the best character.
Steven Steve
posted 02-24-2009 08:49:54 AM
Yes, I usually play as Louis all the time.

Skaw
posted 02-24-2009 10:38:52 AM
Woah, I just noticed this now but it seems I copy and pasted over the first part of my post there. I was quoting Delphi and told him the spectator spawn glitch was fixed along with some other things back in mid January.

Also, Kill Bill is the best meta game for Left 4 Dead. Infected can only target Bill. If Bill dies other survivors must kill themselves. Hoping some goon makes it a true mod some day.

Skaw fucked around with this message on 02-24-2009 at 10:41 AM.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 02-24-2009 11:48:23 AM
quote:
Did someone say nem-x:
[IMGx]http://www.nem-x.com/i/sf4.jpg[/IMG]

They say that a sure way to sell your product based on the cover/box is to hide sexual images in it.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 02-24-2009 02:40:15 PM
quote:
Blindy. screamed this from the crapper:
They say that a sure way to sell your product based on the cover/box is to hide sexual images in it.

A marmoset's shaved hoo-hoo is only marginally sexual.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 02-25-2009 11:26:02 AM
I would say that hands down my favorite character is the Boomer. I'm getting fairly good at hitting the survivors then retreating without getting killed (Most of the time). And usually if I do get killed it's close enough to the survivors that I get at least one more person in the bile.

Otherwise, definitely Zoey simply because spamming her death scream is hilarious.

Skaw
posted 02-25-2009 12:58:16 PM
The real best character is Francis, because he knows the true problem. It's not the zombies. It's the vampires. Everyone and everything is a fucking vampire and must die.

Francis/Smoker 2012

Skaw fucked around with this message on 02-25-2009 at 12:59 PM.

Steven Steve
posted 02-25-2009 05:34:15 PM
Smoker is a faggot

Anklebiter, again.
Pancake
posted 02-25-2009 05:35:02 PM
I hate Ayn Rand.
Maradon!
posted 02-26-2009 07:01:54 PM
Reasons why Louis is the best character:

1) He is black
2) He pronounces pills, "Peals"
3) He is bald
4) He is in the middle of a zombie invasion and he has not removed his tie
5) He states the obvious with an accuracy and enthusiasm rivaled only by the great John Madden himself

Steven Steve
posted 02-26-2009 07:58:23 PM
Guhrabbin' peels

Also he's the least fat and probably most successful out of all of them

Skaw
posted 03-01-2009 08:55:27 AM
quote:
Steven Steve had this to say about John Romero:
Guhrabbin' peels

Also he's the least fat and probably most successful out of all of them

The only person that could likely be more successful is Bill. Francis is a biker, so he has no love for working a suit and tie job, and Zoey is a failure of a college dropout.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: