EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: First Mass Effect 2 trailer
Captain Tarquinn
Don't Ask
posted 02-21-2009 04:54:27 AM
Er... what?
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
Steven Steve
posted 02-21-2009 07:39:37 AM
But it was literally impossible for damage to be done to my Shepard at a faster rate than he could regenerate it

Perhaps he has just joined Philanthropy?

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 02-21-2009 09:00:19 AM
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 02-21-2009 06:14:08 PM
"officially" dead, I'm sure

ROGUE AGENT

nem-x
posted 02-21-2009 06:20:15 PM
I've had enough of your snide insinuations
Steven Steve
posted 02-21-2009 07:38:26 PM
You're just a bean counter, Jeong. I'm a Spectre. Tell me, how good are those odds?
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 02-22-2009 09:14:22 PM
I don't care what the trailer says or what the game's main objective is - so long as they keep on doing what they did last time, I know the game will be good.
Sentow, I Guess
Pancake
posted 02-22-2009 09:41:31 PM
So in ME2, you'll play four different characters: a teenage Shepard, a black Shepard, an alien Shepard, and an evil cyborg Shepard.
KIERKEGAARD

Sigpic shamelessly stolen from Kate Beaton.

Maradon!
posted 02-22-2009 09:48:45 PM
What was so great about Shepard anyway? The guy had zero personality. He was a literal everyman.
Steven Steve
posted 02-22-2009 09:57:11 PM
What!? Shepard was the funniest fucker alive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy-eRfupYbA

Steven Steve
posted 02-22-2009 10:04:04 PM
Haha, god, the part where he shoots the Salarians in the head gets me every time

Greenlit
posted 02-22-2009 11:54:39 PM
I can bludgeon pretty hard.
Greenlit
posted 02-23-2009 12:00:41 AM
The lack of emotion in that game always bothered me.

It might as well have been a Speak-and-Spell reading all of Shepard's lines.

Greenlit fucked around with this message on 02-23-2009 at 12:01 AM.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 02-23-2009 12:11:21 AM
that's what you get for playing the character voiced by a nobody vs Jennifer Hale
Captain Tarquinn
Don't Ask
posted 02-23-2009 06:09:15 AM
I´m gay for male Shephard.
Steven Steve
posted 02-23-2009 07:25:46 AM
quote:
Kegwen enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
that's what you get for playing the character voiced by a nobody vs Jennifer Hale

Once again you are completely wrong Kegwen. The lines delivered by the male Shepard were completely hilarious and hyperbolic (as they should be) while the female Shepard sounded like she hated to be alive. Just listen to the part where they're overlooking the ward ("Big place!") for evidence of this. Mark Meer takes the completely shit writing and makes it into a funny joke, something that Jennifer Hale fails to do. Just think about it.

"Sounds dangerous... and lonely."
"You can expect me to kill you the next time we meet."
"There's still one way to stop this... if you've got the guts."
"I CAN BLUDGEON PRETTY HAAAARD"
"Is he a zombie or something?"

It was the closest thing to comedy that Bioware has ever approached (including Minsc and Boo which are annoying, not funny)

Noxhil2
Pancake
posted 02-23-2009 06:59:17 PM
Well I'm glad they pulled out all the stops on this teaser. Seriously, why release anything?
Steven Steve
posted 02-23-2009 07:03:01 PM
Because besides this small caveat, the game will probably be 100% identical so there's no need to show anything

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 02-23-2009 07:17:04 PM
Space jeep made out of jello.

Boingoingoingoing.

Taeldian
Pancake
posted 02-23-2009 07:31:34 PM
I couldn't get off of Eden Prime as male Shepherd because the voice acting was too fucking terrible.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 02-23-2009 07:51:22 PM
I think I spent 3 continuous hours dancing in the club on the citadel.

I had things to do, so I left Shepard to boogie.

Noxhil2
Pancake
posted 02-23-2009 07:55:52 PM
As long as they drastically improve or remove the driving parts it should be acceptable.
Steven Steve
posted 02-23-2009 08:34:42 PM
and the running parts

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 02-23-2009 08:50:44 PM
I found many of male Shepard's lines hilarious and well-delivered.
The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Captain Tarquinn
Don't Ask
posted 02-24-2009 04:40:50 AM
quote:
Noxhil2 had this to say about Cuba:
As long as they drastically improve or remove the driving parts it should be acceptable.

I think being able to aquire upgrades (armor, weapons, jumpjets, etc.) or gain experience for the MACO would be a great idea.

Captain Tarquinn fucked around with this message on 02-24-2009 at 04:41 AM.

Steven Steve
posted 02-24-2009 07:39:15 AM
Also it would be nice if the exploration areas weren't just Motocross Madness maps.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: