EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Wii suggestions
Norim Stumpfighter
Milkmaid
posted 02-20-2009 02:03:48 AM
any good games out there? I just picked up a Wii along with the Wii fit for the wife and I to work with. Any suggestions?
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 02-20-2009 02:09:33 AM
quote:
any good games out there?

Wii sports and Resident Evil 4, but only if you don't own one of the other versions. That's about it.

nem-x
posted 02-20-2009 02:28:23 AM
Mightion Defensor
posted 02-20-2009 03:09:00 AM
Rock Band 2 is awesome, if you don't have a 360 or PS3.

I think everyone should play Mario Galaxy, Zelda, Brawl, and Metroid 3.

Captain Tarquinn
Don't Ask
posted 02-20-2009 05:03:53 AM
Rayman Raving Rabbids is great with friends and beer.

Metal Slug Anthology is just great.

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 02-20-2009 07:53:26 AM
Metroid was awesome- much better than the primes.
Smash Brothers was meh.
Galaxy was pretty sweet but a little repetitive.
Steven Steve
posted 02-20-2009 09:30:12 AM
Low-budget third party Mattel/Disney bullshit
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 02-20-2009 11:58:40 AM
Metroid Prime 1 and 2 at least had decent controls
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 02-20-2009 12:10:49 PM
quote:
A thousand monkeys at a thousand typewriters couldn't ever match Kegwen:
Metroid Prime 1 and 2 at least had decent controls

No they didn't.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 02-20-2009 12:48:27 PM
I gave up on Metroid Prime 3 after an hour
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 02-20-2009 12:48:56 PM
No More Heroes is probably the best single-player Wii game out there. I mean, if you're into crap like that.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Blackened
posted 02-20-2009 01:29:30 PM
The Wii seems, to me, like "baby's first console".

a lot of people seem to buy it and wii fit and wii sports and then they're like, "ok now what?"

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 02-20-2009 02:11:16 PM
quote:
Blackened put down Tada! magazine long enough to type:

a lot of people seem to buy it and wii fit and wii sports and then they're like, "ok now what?"

Sounds pretty accurate to me. You see it at a friend's house, play tennis for a half hour, and you go "I have to get one of these!" And it's cheap enough that most people can buy it and some accessories on a whim. I bet now that the economy's tanked, Wii sales are gonna slow down big time, whereas the PS3 and 360 will slow down, but not as severely.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Captain Tarquinn
Don't Ask
posted 02-20-2009 02:13:27 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Blackened:

Anakha's PS3
Pancake
posted 02-20-2009 04:02:51 PM
House of the Dead Overkill is pretty nice, if you are a fan of the Grindhouse genre of movies. And Rail shooters. A little short though.

Okami on the Wii is fun, if you never took a shot at it in the PS2 era.

Madworld looks like it might be ok.

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 02-20-2009 09:14:46 PM
World of Goo. It's WIIware. You can get this for the equivelent to $15. Physics based timewaster, if you can count about 5 hours of gameplay a real 'timewaster'.

Sam and Max Episodes (you can get it for about $20), but its really only good if you are nostalgic for the original PC game.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Captain Tarquinn
Don't Ask
posted 02-21-2009 04:28:37 AM
quote:
Azakias had this to say about Optimus Prime:
World of Goo. It's WIIware. You can get this for the equivelent to $15. Physics based timewaster, if you can count about 5 hours of gameplay a real 'timewaster'.

Sam and Max Episodes (you can get it for about $20), but its really only good if you are nostalgic for the original PC game.

Those are both excellent, especially World of Goo, but I'd recommend the PC versions.

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 02-21-2009 12:44:12 PM
quote:
Captain Tarquinn had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Those are both excellent, especially World of Goo, but I'd recommend the PC versions.

Oh, I completely agree. But Sam and Max tends to be fairly formulaic but it has the same attitude of the original game (and comic and cartoon that was based off of the comic.) And I was such a fan of the old game that this is pure awesomeness for me.

Goo is a fun game and it lets you sandbox a little bit too. I havent played the PC version but the WII version is pretty cool and easy to control.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Timpofee
Mancake
posted 02-23-2009 10:33:40 AM
Boom Blox
Awesome.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: