EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Winter Weather
Razor
posted 12-17-2008 05:10:08 PM
Snow, and Ice, are my current bane. I'm going to get to spend my second night here at work because my car is stuck in a snowdrift, and won't get plowed out till tomorrow at the earliest. This storm is the worst snowfall in southern California (moreso it being less than 10 miles from the border) in about a decade for the mountains. I tried to drive out a bit, but one of the chains on my car decided to fly off. I've been using a snow blower most of the afternoon so far, and will be making another pass again....

At least my beard is thawing out.

Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Steven Steve
posted 12-24-2008 12:14:49 PM
There's a foot and a half of snow outside on top of 2-3 inches of ice. I may kill you for this.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 12-24-2008 01:03:59 PM
a nice coating of ice on the roads.

foot of snow.

have to get out in it and drive up the side of a mountain where there will be more snow and probably more ice to "celebrate" fucking christmas eve with family. i have to do this in a car made of plastic with sports profile tires.

grrr.

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 12-24-2008 07:22:44 PM
Christmas is projected to be a cool 60 degrees.

Its about 50 degrees out right now, at 1830 on Christmas Eve.

Life is good.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Zair
The Imp
posted 12-25-2008 03:22:36 AM
My car is parked outside all day, every day. It is an old car, and I am crossing my fingers it survives this winter. Buying a car would be pretty impossible.
Peter
Pancake
posted 12-26-2008 09:58:45 PM
Well shit can't get out of portland for some reason, this is like the 4th truck they have canceled for our store, And they have had reports that the target isn portland haven't seen a truck since the 17th.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: