EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: My favorite euro is becoming president
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 11-25-2008 12:34:28 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/25/world/europe/25klaus.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

The man... the legend... Vladamir Klaus. This is going to be an awesome 5 years. Screw Obama, he's going to have to play second fiddle in my heart.

Maradon!
posted 11-25-2008 07:33:54 AM
quote:
“He shows that whoever does not agree with his views is stupid and incompetent.”

My kinda guy.

Maybe it's just that, once you understand the basic worldview underpinning free market capitalism and it's foundation in the timeless constants of human nature, all the empirical evidence just snaps into place so well that anybody questioning it seems like an idiot.

I know that's how I feel!

Steven Steve
posted 11-25-2008 09:05:58 AM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Naimah!
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/25/world/europe/25klaus.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

The man... the legend... Vladamir Klaus. This is going to be an awesome 5 years. Screw Obama, he's going to have to play second fiddle in my heart.

He's your favorite euro but you don't know his name?

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 11-25-2008 01:45:29 PM
Shows how much I care about Europe.
Steven Steve
posted 11-25-2008 01:59:06 PM
haha
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Captain Tarquinn
Don't Ask
posted 11-25-2008 02:22:00 PM
quote:
So quoth Naimah:
Shows how much I care about Europe.

Oh Niamah, you funny guy!

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
very important poster
a sweet title
posted 11-25-2008 07:08:31 PM
quote:
In a disastrous attempt to be funny and clever, Maradon! wrote:
My kinda guy.

Maybe it's just that, once you understand the basic worldview underpinning free market capitalism and it's foundation in the timeless constants of human nature, all the empirical evidence just snaps into place so well that anybody questioning it seems like an idiot.

I know that's how I feel!

the basic worldview underpinning pure free market capitalism is the idea of free will, which is more or less patently bullshit, which is why nothing you say is recognizable to anyone but out of touch academics, bad forum posters on the internet and good old fashioned morons

edit: im gay

a big ass goku fucked around with this message on 11-25-2008 at 07:09 PM.

hey
very important poster
a sweet title
posted 11-25-2008 07:10:25 PM
i should have said "assumption" instead of "idea" because free will doesn't qualify for idea status without including some kind of negative description in front
hey
Maradon!
posted 11-25-2008 07:33:39 PM
Determinism is a myth held by the half educated and shallow of thought, Jens. Chains of causality are nothing more than lightning bolts briefly connecting water molecules in the rainstorm of chaos that is the universe. More things affect nothing than affect anything, most causality is a dead end and a great many things are causeless.

"Remember your penis" indeed.

That aside, whether or not you consider what people do on a daily basis to be "free will" or the result of a few hydrogen atoms smacking together ten billion years ago is irrelevant to the idea of free market economics. It's based on the recognition of self-ownership, an idea that just happens to be intrinsic to individual human existence to such an extent that humans adopt free market economics all on their own without any prompting or knowledge of what they're doing.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 11-25-2008 at 07:34 PM.

Steven Steve
posted 11-25-2008 09:14:42 PM
NO JENS YOU'RE WRONG

very important poster
a sweet title
posted 11-27-2008 11:05:34 AM
quote:
While possessed by the spirit of Somthor, Maradon! wrote:
Determinism is a myth held by the half educated and shallow of thought, Jens. Chains of causality are nothing more than lightning bolts briefly connecting water molecules in the rainstorm of chaos that is the universe. More things affect nothing than affect anything, most causality is a dead end and a great many things are causeless.

"Remember your penis" indeed.

That aside, whether or not you consider what people do on a daily basis to be "free will" or the result of a few hydrogen atoms smacking together ten billion years ago is irrelevant to the idea of free market economics. It's based on the recognition of self-ownership, an idea that just happens to be intrinsic to individual human existence to such an extent that humans adopt free market economics all on their own without any prompting or knowledge of what they're doing.

so your argument is that you're right because i'm wrong, and that you're also right because everyone else agrees with you when you say that the earth is flat

i see

hey
very important poster
a sweet title
posted 11-27-2008 11:07:37 AM
after careful deliberation i have decided to maintain my position that free will is a moronic assumption, like all assumptions are, until scientific proof arises to prove its existence
hey
Steven Steve
posted 11-27-2008 11:34:49 AM
The gist of Maradon's arguments is that self-preservation provides an incentive for economic behavior so when people have as much ownership of their risks and profits as possible then they will be able to participate in the economy as much as possible, producing externalities that just happen to be beneficial for society.

I reckon

very important poster
a sweet title
posted 11-27-2008 03:31:32 PM
i understood what maradon said and i understand what you're saying

also im gay heh

a big ass goku fucked around with this message on 11-27-2008 at 03:32 PM.

hey
Steven Steve
posted 11-27-2008 04:30:08 PM
me too

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: