EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Let Detroit go bankrupt
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 11-20-2008 01:59:15 PM
An op/ed piece by a mister Mitt Romney.

Of all the people! Anyway, I thought this article raised some interesting points. Unions were an absolute necessity in the past, but many of the protections they fought for and got are now enshrined in law, and, in many cases, unions aren't necessary anymore. The fact that $2,000 of an American car's cost goes to covering this bloat is a pretty staggering number.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 11-20-2008 03:24:22 PM
Pretty much everything he wrote makes a lot of sense
Greenlit
posted 11-20-2008 03:43:42 PM
I can't find fault with a damn thing he said, and I own an American car.

I wish it was a Japanese or European car.

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 11-20-2008 03:51:37 PM
I agree with pretty much everything he said.
"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Steven Steve
posted 11-20-2008 04:05:50 PM
I have a Nihon no kuruma ^_^
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Mightion Defensor
posted 11-20-2008 04:27:21 PM
I have to say, that article made a lot of darn good sense. Congress, or should I say, Reid and Pelosi, have already today the automakers they need to provide a recovery plan before they consider any kind of bailout.
Zair
The Imp
posted 11-20-2008 04:50:24 PM
FYI, the automaker executives flew to Washington in several separate multi-million dollar private jets to ask for the bailout.

Rep. Gary Ackerman addressed this to them

"Couldn't you all have downgraded to first class or jet-pooled or something to get here?" he said. "It would have at least sent a message that you do get it."

Zair fucked around with this message on 11-20-2008 at 04:51 PM.

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 11-20-2008 06:34:27 PM
quote:
Zair had this to say about Punky Brewster:

"Couldn't you all have downgraded to first class or jet-pooled or something to get here?" he said. "It would have at least sent a message that you do get it."

I dont even know this congressman but I think I like him.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Maradon!
posted 11-20-2008 06:52:16 PM
Fuck I wish this guy had been nominated, but no, we had to be all "lol magic underpants"

Guys, a lot of the stuff conservatives say makes a lot of sense if you'd only listen. It's not all prop 8 and Sarah Palin's dinosaurs. You realize that Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and Glenn Beck have all been saying more or less the same stuff Romney said here ever since Baer Stearns was bailed out, right?

very important poster
a sweet title
posted 11-20-2008 07:20:18 PM
quote:
Maradon! has a secret obsession with Richard Simmons, as evidenced by...
Fuck I wish this guy had been nominated, but no, we had to be all "lol magic underpants"

Guys, a lot of the stuff conservatives say makes a lot of sense if you'd only listen. It's not all prop 8 and Sarah Palin's dinosaurs. You realize that Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and Glenn Beck have all been saying more or less the same stuff Romney said here ever since Baer Stearns was bailed out, right?

examine this post with yon goggles of introspection on and you will realize why noone listens to you, Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity

i dont even know who the third jerk is, hope this helps

hey
Zair
The Imp
posted 11-20-2008 07:31:28 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Optimus Prime:

Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity have been calling this "Obama's recession" for at least a week. They are hacks and you are dumb.

Glenn Beck is a retard too btw.

Please don't transition Mitt "Double Guantanamo Bay" Romney having a few good points into a reason to listen to their idiocy.

very important poster
a sweet title
posted 11-20-2008 07:52:17 PM
see what i mean
hey
Steven Steve
posted 11-20-2008 08:15:54 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Maradon! wrote:

You set out this morning to find a message board. A message board willing enough to believe that these political theorists are not insane. What a puny plan. Look around you. This is the valley of death.

Quiet. QUIET! No more games.

There has been too much violence... too much pain. None here is without sin. But, I have an honourable compromise. Stop this one-sided war and admit that the Republican party is no better at managing national spending and I'll spare your life. Just walk away. I will give you safe passage in the wasteland... Just walk away, and there will be an end to the horror.

You have one full day to decide.

Steven Steve fucked around with this message on 11-20-2008 at 08:16 PM.

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Number 1 Poster
posted 11-22-2008 06:01:35 PM
Maradon would you fist bump Obama if you got the opportunity?
very important poster
a sweet title
posted 11-23-2008 12:39:22 AM
i wouldn't i don't wanna get black germs
hey
very important poster
a sweet title
posted 11-23-2008 12:40:17 AM
or aids or some shit, who knows what disgusting virus he's carrying around (aside from being Black heh)
hey
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: