EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: The new Xbox experience
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-19-2008 05:47:33 PM
So it came out today. Whoopie.

The good: Copying your game discs to the hard drive. No more WHIRRRRRR while you're playing, plus quicker loading and no more "please clean your disc, oh sorry.. did you want to save your game? TOUGH" messages.

The bad: They basically copied the Mii's on the Wii for the avatars. No, not even copied. Cut and pasted.

The ugly: All the avatars either look gay or an untidy homeless bum. I want to put myself in a suit with a monocle dammit. The only suits are tan (gay) or white (more gay) with zero custom options.

Skaw
posted 11-19-2008 06:37:54 PM
Avatars are a lot better looking than Mii's.

Ofcourse, Mii's are buttfucking ugly, and NXE Avatars look like Moral Orel characters.

More bads are the freezing that occurs on the friends list. Hopefully it gets rectified soon. Had it happen twice so far. And the Netflix library is kind of a let down. It's nice to have the option if you want to watch one of the movies in it, the selection isn't exactly great though.

Skaw fucked around with this message on 11-19-2008 at 06:43 PM.

Greenlit
posted 11-19-2008 06:40:49 PM
My 360 is out for service.
Mightion Defensor
posted 11-19-2008 06:49:14 PM
I got it today and playing with it long enough to make an avatar and install Soul Calibur IV to the hard drive.

Yeah, the Avatars are pretty much MS's answer to Miis, but they are very well done. I do wish there were more clothing choices available, but, eh.

I do really like the fact I can set my Games Library to show only full games - I don't play the demos.

SC4 got a nice drop in loading times running off the HD - quite noticeable.

I can't find an option to specify the new 16:10 format - my TV is 1680x1050, connected with an HDMI cable. It may be how I have the TV set - I'll have to play with it more when I get home.

I swear the people on Xbox.com who are complaining about the NXE are just doing it to read their own text. You can't hate something that vehemently that was previewed for months. There should have been no surprises... and no, MS is not going to revert it, not even for you.

Maradon!
posted 11-19-2008 09:57:24 PM
quote:
Mightion Defensoring:
I swear the people on Xbox.com who are complaining about the NXE are just doing it to read their own text. You can't hate something that vehemently that was previewed for months. There should have been no surprises... and no, MS is not going to revert it, not even for you.

It should be abundantly clear that any time anything changes, ever, there will be people on the internet foaming at the mouth with hatred over the change.

Nina
posted 11-19-2008 10:00:53 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Maradon!:
It should be abundantly clear that any time anything changes, ever, there will be people on the internet foaming at the mouth with hatred over the change.

Case in point:

Hey Maradon, look at this great site I found!

Maradon!
posted 11-19-2008 10:28:15 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Nina booooze lime pole over bench lick:
Case in point:

Hey Maradon, look at this great site I found!

LOLOLOLOLOL

Hey funny you should mention that, but did you notice how almost everybody in Obama's prospective cabinet is a washington lifetimer from the Clinton administration?

I guess that's kinda par for the course though, since all his platform ideas are also failed relics of past administrations.

Vote for change!

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 11-19-2008 10:36:15 PM
it would be a lot worse if he picked a bunch of newbies
Maradon!
posted 11-19-2008 10:46:28 PM
So you think it might be a better idea to have an experienced cabinet than a bunch of totally new people full if weird ideas and no idea how to run anything?

Well that kinda makes sense I guess.

Mightion Defensor
posted 11-19-2008 10:51:42 PM
quote:
Maradon! fell asleep and read just about every paragraph.
So you think it might be a better idea to have an experienced cabinet than a bunch of totally new people full if weird ideas and no idea how to run anything?

Canadian insight.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 11-20-2008 12:27:24 AM
quote:
Maradon! Model 2000 was programmed to say:

gotta have people who have connections in there somewhere

You do know that being able to be like "you know that one shitty bill of yours that I voted for, buddy? well now you need to return the favor" is all that "washington insiders" are good for, right?

so how about that new xbox experience!? I turned it on to update and made an avatar, but I don't really ever use my xbox 360

Kegwen fucked around with this message on 11-20-2008 at 12:35 AM.

Greenlit
posted 11-20-2008 01:01:24 AM
I'll give you a hundred bucks for your Box.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 11-20-2008 01:03:41 AM
well I mean I do use it when I borrow a game or something but I just don't have a lot of spending money right now
Zair
The Imp
posted 11-20-2008 01:07:27 AM
My xbox red ringed months ago, and I grew apathetic and never got it repaired. I wonder if I am boned on sending it away to get fixed now.

There is a lot of shit I want to play now

Greenlit
posted 11-20-2008 01:11:36 AM
quote:
Kegwen enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
well I mean I do use it when I borrow a game or something but I just don't have a lot of spending money right now

125 plus shipping

nem-x
posted 11-20-2008 01:50:01 AM
Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 11-20-2008 04:16:50 AM
the only shitty part about this is I've got the tiny 20GB hd.

I now want to give way too much money to MS for a 120GB HD. Damn.

Nina
posted 11-20-2008 04:48:28 AM
quote:
Alidane was listening to Cher while typing:
the only shitty part about this is I've got the tiny 20GB hd.

I now want to give way too much money to MS for a 120GB HD. Damn.

hello.jpg

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 11-20-2008 05:05:30 AM
quote:
Nina posted

hello.jpg

Fuck yes. I've got shittons of 2.5" SATA drives laying around at work, maybe I'll get lucky. Thanks.

Nina
posted 11-20-2008 01:41:14 PM
Yeah, I'm definitely planning on trying it, I'm just curious how it'll tie in to all my saved games and DLC.
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 11-20-2008 01:55:34 PM
quote:
hello.jpg
This hack is designed to work with a specific drive, the 120GB Western Digital Scorpio, model number WDGWD1200BEVS.

Any idea if there are other hacks that will work with other drives? The article doesn't mention anything other than the text above.

Khyron fucked around with this message on 11-20-2008 at 02:20 PM.

Maradon!
posted 11-21-2008 09:32:56 AM
quote:
x--KhyronO-('-'Q) :
Any idea if there are other hacks that will work with other drives? The article doesn't mention anything other than the text above.

The hack copies the MS signed, encrypted firmware from one drive to another, and it won't work on any other drive, so until someone cracks the encryption you're stuck with that specific size and model.

In fact as far as I know it's not even firmware, just a boot loader. Kinda like an encrypted ntldr

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 11-21-2008 09:51:08 AM
quote:
The propaganda machine of nem-x's junta released this statement:
[xIMG]http://www.nem-x.com/i/eject.jpg[/IMG]

The amazing thing is that guy is actually falling from a plane.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: