EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: This kind of stuff is exactly why I'm hooked.
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 10-22-2008 07:35:10 PM
Copied from MMO-Champion:

Wrath of the Lich King - World Event
As I write this news, it looks like the pre-Wrath of the Lich King world event has been started on one of the US live servers, we're still unsure if it's just an error or if Blizzard is testing the event on a few servers. Below is a small preview of what to expect during this event .... You can probably expect more updates in the next hours if the event is extended to all realms.

* Zombies will randomly spawn in the world (and near cities) and infect anyone they damage.
* People infected by zombies can either get cured by other players or by Argent Healers deployed in most of the zones.
* If a player or NPC isn't cured within 10 minutes ... He will turn into a zombie !
* Players changed into zombies have access to a new set of skills to let them attack and infect other players. They become friendly with other zombies and hostile to all player factions.

I was going to log on anyway to finish more of the damnably addictive achievements they've added in the game (750 of them, with more to come) when I read about this event at work. WoW's now got its own temporary zombie simulator, not sure if it's for the Halloween event, or the new expansion coming out next month, either would explain it. Anyway, got to alt-tab back, the zeppelin arrived.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Nina
posted 10-22-2008 07:36:56 PM
I give it a few hours tops before people start exploiting this to kill auctioneers and the like.
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 10-22-2008 08:24:15 PM
I got turned into a zombie.

It was fun.

Steven Steve
posted 10-22-2008 09:54:17 PM
In real life?
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 10-22-2008 09:57:46 PM
True story.
Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 10-22-2008 11:35:57 PM
You're hooked because of something that has never happened before? And something that is even remotely similiar have only happened one other time in four years?

You're easily hooked.

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent.
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 10-23-2008 12:16:02 AM
'This kind of stuff' Does not mean specifically only this 'stuff'. (Meaning the single event)

I enjoy WoW because whether it's raiding, PVPing, questing, leveling, tradeskilling, or enjoying the ever-expanding holidays; Blizzard never ceases to surprise me with how creative they can be.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 10-23-2008 02:14:17 AM
World of Warcraft is a pretty good game, but I can never force myself to keep levelling past 50 or so for some reason. I've pretty much given up.

I have no idea why. It's like I have a mental block about capping out characters.

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 10-23-2008 02:46:52 AM
How would need to force yourself to level? I've only been playing since the middle of June and my main just hit 62. And that's even with taking some days wher all I did was fish or tradeskill or sightsee. Plus I've got 2 alt near level 30 as well. With quests and rested XP it seems like it'd be more effort NOT to level.
Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Steven Steve
posted 10-23-2008 06:22:48 AM
I think he's referring to the fact that the entire game is tedium
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 10-23-2008 03:53:26 PM
I like WoW because it's very easy to get into the groove of playing, and you can accomplish such a great deal in an extremely short time.

In EQ, my main never got past 36. I played for well over a year. In DAoC, it was much lower - high teens or low twenties or something. CoH was the first game I hit 50 on, and that was after months and months of playing, because I couldn't ever really seem to stick with one character long enough.

WoW actually has enough variety and the levelling was both smooth and fast enough that I was able to stick it out to 60, Pre-BC. I signed up again on August 1st and created a brand-new mage on Mal'Ganis. By October 1st, two months later, I was level 70, had epic flight training and honored Netherwing faction (1 week later I was flying around on my personal dragon mount), and had 8 pieces of T4 or equivalent gear. And I didn't use the RAF system at all.

Here I am now : My Armory Page

Not even 3 months in and I'm raiding Hyjal/Black Temple. I've really progressed incredibly far in a very, very short time.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 10-23-2008 04:04:02 PM
So where is a good place to sell a WoW account these days? I've grown ill of the game to the point where reading about it sickens me and I need some money to buy some daemonettes (old ones are so expensive now :< .

Damnati fucked around with this message on 10-23-2008 at 04:04 PM.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

CBTao
Pancake
posted 10-23-2008 07:48:25 PM
We downed Kil'jaeden last night, and I got the shiny helm.

WoW can be a grind if you let it be, I started my warrior in April, I hit 70 in late june. Epic mount by mid July. Got into a guild that prefers dedication and ability in its applicants over current gear (though it does weed out some people), and now I'm MTing a lot of fights.

I didn't spend endless hours a day grinding, I didn't kill myself getting there. I think I had about 10 days played when I hit 70, I'm only at 30 days played now.

Once you start raiding, things slow down a lot. You log on, you do your raid for x nights a week (pick a guild that playes at your pace), you log off, I barely touch WoW on weekends.

They've changed a lot of the game to be a lot friendlier to casual players / people who have lives.

So much so that I look forward to the mini-grind to 80 before we start raiding again.

Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 10-23-2008 09:54:48 PM
Ugh... I've been healing people in the Ironforge Auction House. Next thing I know I've got a bunch of zombies bent on killing me. X_X

Holy Nova sure comes in handy, though.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: