EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness
Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 09-27-2008 03:38:28 PM
Jeez, this game is hard in the first year. Getting used to the controls isn't easy at first (you use your stylus most of the time). Your stamina runs out quickly and is affected by the weather. Too sunny, or if it's raining and you'll find yourself KO'ed by exhaustion really fast. If that wasn't bad enough you have a "hunger" bar to deal with. It's harder to fill but it drains at a constant rate each hour of the gameday.

You don't get a lot of things in the first year. Not even a dog. You do have a stable built on your property but I have yet to unlock the horse. Still, turning stones into fence posts is nice...

When you first start there's not a lot of services on the island either. You just begin with a store. You have to wait for "a mountain of a man" to show up before you can get anything else built on your farm. Oh, did I mention that you also have to pay to build bridges to the other islands??? So far I've got an inn, two diners and a hotel unlocked...

Luckily you can sell flowers for a lot of money. That seaweed moss on that rock on the beach can also net you 1k daily. And if you give herbs to Taro (the mayor of the island) he'll give you a fishing pole so you can fish for your money; I fish all night 'til midnight then throw whatever I catch the next morning.

As the island starts to grow you get all sorts of people moving into the place. Most are just faceless NPCs. All are important though since you can't unlock some stuff without having a certain number of subvillagers...

I guess I'll play some more...

[edit] Almost forgot. There are 12 potential spouses in the game, 6 for each gender. 4 of them have no rivals. The rest will eventually marry. 2 of them are characters that you play; if you're playing as one, the other will become available as a potential spouse. The other two are weird... a witch and a wildman. You gotta be crazy to hitch up to one of those two, I say...

Kennatsu fucked around with this message on 09-27-2008 at 03:47 PM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: