EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Jumpgate Evolution
Maradon!
posted 09-25-2008 08:08:58 PM
Video trailer

Now, if it weren't for the fact that Codemasters has a reputation for cranking out shitty, bug-ridden, low-budget crap, I would be poking my eye out with my boner over this. I am a huge fan of space combat sims, I loved the shit out of EVE even though it was boring as fuck, and this looks like EVE without the worst parts (gameplay) and with the best parts of a space combat sim added.

The in-game footage looks promising as well. Thoughts? What's the buzz on this?

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 09-25-2008 at 08:10 PM.

Captain Tarquinn
Don't Ask
posted 09-26-2008 01:29:05 AM
Amazing in-game footage
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 09-26-2008 02:02:09 AM
I signed up for the beta months ago. I guess that's where it's at now. I'll hold my judgement on that game 'til it comes out. It does look good though. I'll stick with the seemingly similar Vendetta Online 'til then.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 09-26-2008 05:47:51 AM
I'll take a look at it if they have a free trial..

I'm a bigger fan of flying capital ships than piddly little fighters.

Maradon!
posted 09-26-2008 07:17:37 AM
quote:
Kennatsuing:
I signed up for the beta months ago. I guess that's where it's at now. I'll hold my judgement on that game 'til it comes out. It does look good though. I'll stick with the seemingly similar Vendetta Online 'til then.

Wait a minute, I remember this being terrible for some reason. Isn't this just another zero-budget, item mall, korean grindfest in space?

Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 09-26-2008 07:31:17 AM
No. This is an American made game that's still being improved and developed by 4 guys from Milwaukee (spelling?).
Maradon!
posted 09-26-2008 07:32:06 AM
o boy
Steven Steve
posted 09-26-2008 07:32:45 AM
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Kennatsu
posted 09-26-2008 07:34:06 AM
I wonder how long JGE's trial will be when it comes out? Vendetta's trial is only 8 total play hours...
Maradon!
posted 09-26-2008 06:55:44 PM
I remember now why I thought Vendetta was terrible; because I played it and it is terrible.

This gamespot review seems to promise a much better game out of Jumpgate. All I can do is sign up for beta and wait, I guess.

Kennatsu
posted 09-26-2008 07:05:00 PM
Have you played it now? I find the PvP to be enjoyable at least.
Maradon!
posted 09-26-2008 07:10:00 PM
Yes, but I have a particularly low tolerance for 3d games that feel "homebrew" so I may be unique in my dislike.
Kennatsu
posted 09-27-2008 05:27:53 AM
I know the feeling. I'm just playing it to tide me over 'til JGE comes out. Then again I just resubscribed to WoW just to play as a soloing Holy Priest again.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: