EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Neverwinter Nights!
Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 09-22-2008 04:40:16 PM
So I was bored and went to install NWN after having not played it for years, and it won't load on my computer. It's an older computer and the CPU speed doesn't meet the minimum requirements, but I've played it on this machine before. When I try to open it, the screen with the Eye shows up over my desktop, but nothing else happens.

Anyone else ever had this problem? I did a google search but couldn't find anything. Is it just the CPU not meeting the minimum requirements? Which makes no sense, because I've played it on this machine before.

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent.
Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 09-22-2008 10:26:20 PM
Whoa... it's gotta be something else then. If you were able to run it on that machine before it should be able to do it again. Unless something in your machine changed between the last time you installed it and now...
Nina
posted 09-22-2008 11:00:11 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Kennatsu was all like:
Whoa... it's gotta be something else then. If you were able to run it on that machine before it should be able to do it again. Unless something in your machine changed between the last time you installed it and now...

Wow, no shit?

Snoots: Try updating, then installing a no-CD crack of sorts. The screen you're describing is where it normally does its CD checking shit, and that's really more of a bother than anything.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 09-23-2008 08:54:25 AM
Also: did you update your OS in the interim? Say, from 98 to XP or from XP to Vista?
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: