EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Wow, I thought these were illegal
Maradon!
posted 09-19-2008 07:04:44 PM
Switchblades. I bought two off of a wholesaler for $15 each.

First, a nice murdering knife

The hardware is a kinda cheap, but pretty solid for $15. The blade does not wobble even a little bit and the spring is powerful enough that you actually have to grip the... grip really well or it'll fly out of your hand.

This would definitely be illegal in England, but then what wouldn't be

I also got one called a "spring assisted knife". Apparently the idea is that the spring flips the blade 45 degrees and you flick the knife to get it to the locked position. This small difference apparently works around legal restrictions on true switchblades.

When I got the knife, though, I found that the spring was more than enough to pop the blade fully open, so

The little circular object near the rounded bolt there is the button to extend the blade. It even has a fun little LED flashlight in the back

Number 1 Poster
posted 09-19-2008 08:11:41 PM
1) How can you sleep with an air conditioner blowing in your face?

2) What's with the bottle of vinegar

3)Sup MX Revolution mouse buddy

4) Gay shirt

Maradon!
posted 09-19-2008 08:18:47 PM
1) It actually blows well over me, since the vent is on top and aimed upwards besides. That aside I really don't have a better window to put it in.

2) It's rubbing alcohol, I use it to clean my glasses and, on odd occasions, disinfect wounds

3) Gotta love 8 programmable buttons

4) I was raised by a cup of coffee

Steven Steve
posted 09-19-2008 10:46:28 PM
This thread has finally inspired me to go out and purchase weaponry
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Norim Stumpfighter
Milkmaid
posted 09-20-2008 02:40:07 AM
spring assisted knives like those aren't illegal. The ones where the blade spring straight out of the handle are... i believe
I dun got banned
Pancake
posted 09-21-2008 01:43:13 AM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Norim Stumpfighter wrote:
spring assisted knives like those aren't illegal. The ones where the blade spring straight out of the handle are... i believe

Weapons laws vary from state to state, and even city to city. If you're not sure if something is illegal in your area, check with your local law library or police department.

Norim Stumpfighter
Milkmaid
posted 09-21-2008 06:39:49 AM
True... I just figured when major manufacturers (kershaw, gerber, etc) were producing the "spring assisted" models that they'd be legal everywhere, but different places got different laws. too true
Dave
)_(
posted 09-24-2008 04:25:35 PM
I love my kershaw onions. They are small enough to be unnoticed in jean pockets or where ever. And the spring assist is strong enough to lock the blade in place open on it's own. Plus the safety catch is nice.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: