EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy Book #6: And Another Thing...
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 09-19-2008 05:48:18 PM
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09/17/new_hitchhikers_novel/

quote:
Fans of Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy are likely to react strongly to the announcement that Artemis Fowl author Eoin Colfer has been given the green light to write a sixth book in the series - 16 years after the release of Mostly Harmless.

According to the BBC, the project - entitled And Another Thing..., and slated for publication in October 2009 - has the "full support" of Adams' widow Jane Belson. She enthused: "I am delighted that Eoin Colfer has agreed to continue the Hitchhiker series. I love his books and could not think of a better person to transport Arthur, Zaphod and Marvin to pastures new."

Colfer, 43, admitted: "My first reaction was semi-outrage that anyone should be allowed to tamper with this incredible series. But on reflection I realised that this is a wonderful opportunity to work with characters I have loved since childhood and give them something of my own voice while holding on to the spirit of Douglas Adams."

He added: "I feel more pressure to perform now than I ever have with my own books, and that is why I am bloody determined that this will be the best thing I have ever written."

Douglas Adams died in 2001 at the age of 49, having sold around 16 million copies worldwide of his legendary Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy series.

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 09-19-2008 at 05:48 PM.

Maradon!
posted 09-19-2008 06:53:55 PM
Normally I would be bursting with nerd rage, but honestly the ending Adams chose for the series was kinda depressing
Mightion Defensor
posted 09-19-2008 07:32:15 PM
quote:
Maradon! wrote their words upon the rocks;
Normally I would be bursting with nerd rage, but honestly the ending Adams chose for the series was kinda depressing

My memory is unreliable, but I recall reading that he wrote it that way, so he could star the next book with everyone in the afterlife and start from there.

Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 09-19-2008 07:35:55 PM
quote:
Maradon! stopped beating up furries long enough to write:

I could never get through like the second book. Or whatever one had them on prehistoric earth. They pretty much all sucked after the first one.

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent.
Maradon!
posted 09-19-2008 08:05:57 PM
quote:
x--Cool Hand LukeO-('-'Q) :
I could never get through like the second book. Or whatever one had them on prehistoric earth. They pretty much all sucked after the first one.

This is definitely not true. The first one was the best I will grant you, and subsequent books did have their dry parts, but they were all very much worth reading.

Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 09-19-2008 08:31:11 PM
I'm right and you're wrong.
Maradon!
posted 09-19-2008 08:34:38 PM
no you
Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 09-19-2008 08:35:26 PM
Obama is going to be the best president since Jimmy Carter!
I dun got banned
Pancake
posted 09-19-2008 08:39:21 PM
quote:
Cool Hand Luke had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Obama is going to be the best president since Jimmy Carter!

Celebrities have no place being president geez.

Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 09-19-2008 08:44:23 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived I dun got banned stammered:
Celebrities have no place being president geez.

I'd vote for Jesse Ventura as President.

Maradon!
posted 09-19-2008 08:46:29 PM
quote:
Cool Hand Lukeing:
I'd vote for Jesse Ventura as President.

He is a sexual tyrannosaurus.

also

Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 09-19-2008 08:52:49 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Cuba:

Billy. Billy! The other day, I was going down on my girlfriend, I said to her, "Jeez you got a big pussy. Jeez you got a big pussy." She said, "Why did you say that twice?" I said, "I didn't."

Cool Hand Luke fucked around with this message on 09-19-2008 at 08:54 PM.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 09-22-2008 12:41:30 PM
quote:
Maradon! still thinks SARS jokes are topical, as evidenced by:

also

[xIMG]http://maradon.makeitorky.com/palin1.jpg[/IMG]

Tina Fey needs to stop making fun of Palin. Cut the woman some slack.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Maradon!
posted 09-22-2008 10:52:49 PM
I didn't realize it until this thread, but I guess that line was meant to mean that he was a sexual predator, which puts a whole new spin on not only the Blain character, but the entire movie as well.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 09-22-2008 at 10:53 PM.

Maradon!
posted 09-22-2008 10:54:08 PM
Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 09-23-2008 12:33:41 AM
Get it? ...because of the echo.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: