EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: R0ck B& two
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 09-15-2008 03:02:16 PM
So, now that it's out for most people, and even considering playing with the "old" instruments, what are people's thoughts?

The RB1 setlist conversion was a great, great idea. I picked a random setlist in tour mode and got two easy(ish) RB1 songs.

The Setlist (In quickplay) organization and navigation is sexy as all hell. I was giddy when I saw how fast it was to navigate to exactly what song you wanted. There will still be cries of "STOP TOUCHING BUTTANS!" though.

Also, Hyperspeed. Even if I don't use it myself, that is nice they put it in by default.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 09-15-2008 03:58:24 PM
oh shit hyperspeed? Hell yes

also wtb PS3 release date so I can buy it for my system that has lots of hard drive space

Kegwen fucked around with this message on 09-15-2008 at 03:59 PM.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 09-15-2008 04:05:49 PM
Let's pretend I suck at these kinds of games. Let's also say that I love playing them anyway. And let's say I want to have one handy for drunken shenanigoats when people come visit. Which do I get? RB2 or GH:WT?
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 09-15-2008 04:07:53 PM
Rock Band. no fail mode and you're supporting a better developer

Really though, it comes down to which setlist you like more

Skaw
posted 09-15-2008 04:11:21 PM
One character can perform all instruments

c/d?

Mightion Defensor
posted 09-15-2008 04:19:35 PM
I'll be getting GH:WT for my Wii (yes, my Wii. So I can have two guitars when my nephews come over to play.); and I would have gotten it even if R.E.M's "The One I Love" wasn't on the setlist.
Nina
posted 09-15-2008 04:21:52 PM
Can we stop with the retarded name mangling stuff? Who cares if some random losers end up here from a google search.
Jargum
Doughnut
posted 09-15-2008 06:20:36 PM
quote:
Skaw had this to say about Cuba:
One character can perform all instruments

c/d?

Confirm. And while it's something minor overall, the hairstyles and facial hair etc stay as bought items now, so remaking a character is cheaper in that regard.

Blackened
posted 09-15-2008 07:59:27 PM
quote:
Kegwen.
Rock Band. no fail mode and you're supporting a better developer

Really though, it comes down to which setlist you like more

Rock Band is the obvious choice, and that's not just because GH is a horrible frakenstein of a franchise now. And yes, Harmonix (RB) is the better developer. Here's an example why: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCjTzve6pQg

Also take into account the ridiculously big list of downloadable content for RB http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_downloadable_songs_for_the_Rock_Band_series (Make sure to check out the confirmed upcoming DLC singles/albums at the bottom of that page as well)

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 09-15-2008 08:20:55 PM
I'd say Rockband 2 just for the aforementioned vast music library. 84 songs on the disc, another alleged 20 free that they "couldnt get on disc in time". $5 allows you to transfer some 55 songs off the first game (rent it, borrow it, do what you must)

Looking at one game, 159 tracks not counting downloadable content.

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Skaw
posted 09-15-2008 08:40:40 PM
quote:
Jargum impressed everyone with:
Confirm.

Thats pretty cool then. Hated that with the first one.

Skaw fucked around with this message on 09-15-2008 at 08:40 PM.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 09-15-2008 08:54:59 PM
Was poking around the tutorials. The guitar is basically the same (They pretty much assume anyone who's playing guitar has enough tutorials via wikis at this point to make a decent go at it). But the drum trainer is super kickass. ...

Now if my roommate doesn't break my foot pedal.. D=

Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 09-15-2008 10:22:24 PM
rock band 2 ftw
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 09-16-2008 02:22:05 AM
Nice to see that singing an octave lower for high songs is still as useless as ever.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 09-16-2008 08:43:55 AM
quote:
Blackened put down Tada! magazine long enough to type:
Rock Band is the obvious choice, and that's not just because GH is a horrible frakenstein of a franchise now. And yes, Harmonix (RB) is the better developer. Here's an example why: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCjTzve6pQg

Also take into account the ridiculously big list of downloadable content for RB http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_downloadable_songs_for_the_Rock_Band_series (Make sure to check out the confirmed upcoming DLC singles/albums at the bottom of that page as well)

I hear and acknowledge your points. But this, my friend, is the $64,000 question: does this kind of stuff impact a drunken idiot playing the game at a party on Easy? In other words, will someone who's ossified notice a difference in play quality between the two, or, in that case, does it just come down to the songs?

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 09-16-2008 06:12:55 PM
btw if anyone wants to play or make a band online let me know that'd be pretty cool
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 09-16-2008 09:26:42 PM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about dark elf butts:
I hear and acknowledge your points. But this, my friend, is the $64,000 question: does this kind of stuff impact a drunken idiot playing the game at a party on Easy? In other words, will someone who's ossified notice a difference in play quality between the two, or, in that case, does it just come down to the songs?

It is the songs, and only the songs.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 09-16-2008 09:36:39 PM
but you're still a bad person if you give Activision money for anything but Call of Duty

just throwin' that out there

Blackened
posted 09-17-2008 11:28:10 PM
quote:
Karnaj.
depends, do you want to play more songs at a party? (rock band) or less? (gh) also, do you want to have to stop playing your song BEFORE the part you love comes up? (gh) or do you want to turn on 'no fail' mode and rock with your cock out? (rock band)

choose wisely

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 09-17-2008 11:48:51 PM
Cock out is pretty much the de facto standard for rocking out these days anyhow.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 09-18-2008 02:23:02 PM
quote:
And now, we sprinkle Blackened liberally with Old Spice!
depends, do you want to play more songs at a party? (rock band) or less? (gh) also, do you want to have to stop playing your song BEFORE the part you love comes up? (gh) or do you want to turn on 'no fail' mode and rock with your cock out? (rock band)

choose wisely

Again, all salient points. Believe me, I'm taking your advice as seriously as one can when talking about which set of fake plastic instruments to buy, so please, don't be offended if I appear to be attempting to needle you; I'm merely a seeker of information.

Let's say I don't own an 360 or a PS3, and hypothetically, my Wii's internal memory is full of pictures of my balls that I imported off my phone's camera. Because of this hypothetical restriction, and a lack of a proper console, I can't use any DLC. Does RB2 have a larger set list available to a person of interest like myself, or have I correctly deduced that the on-disk content of both is basically the same (going by the numbers, that is)?

Secondly, with regards to the no-fail mode, can't I simply turn on the no-fail cheat in GH, or has that been removed?

Beer.

Delphi Aegis
posted 09-18-2008 03:35:03 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Karnaj wrote:
Again, all salient points. Believe me, I'm taking your advice as seriously as one can when talking about which set of fake plastic instruments to buy, so please, don't be offended if I appear to be attempting to needle you; I'm merely a seeker of information.

Let's say I don't own an 360 or a PS3, and hypothetically, my Wii's internal memory is full of pictures of my balls that I imported off my phone's camera. Because of this hypothetical restriction, and a lack of a proper console, I can't use any DLC. Does RB2 have a larger set list available to a person of interest like myself, or have I correctly deduced that the on-disk content of both is basically the same (going by the numbers, that is)?

Secondly, with regards to the no-fail mode, can't I simply turn on the no-fail cheat in GH, or has that been removed?

There are 84 songs on-disc for RB2; (Turn on the "unlock all songs" mode and sort by location). Another 20 are coming down the pipe for freefer.

But here's the real kicker: GH:WT isn't out till like, october 13th. RB2 is out now, even if the peripherals (The new drum/mic/guitars) aren't out until october as well.

If you happened to get a 360, you could rent rock band 1 and buy an unlock code (400 points, about 5 bucks) to transfer all Rb1 disc songs and play them in RB2.

.. just sayin'.

Mightion Defensor
posted 09-18-2008 05:32:47 PM
quote:
Karnaj wrote their words upon the rocks;

The Wii version of GH:WT will support DLC, and storing it on SD cards. Heck, I got a Nintendo-branded 2 gb SD card for only $20.

Alberd
Pancake
posted 09-19-2008 05:03:12 AM
quote:
This one time, at Karnaj camp:

Rock Band 2 is only out on the 360 at this point, and they have released the new peripherals as well. It won't be out on PS3 for another month though, and Wii won't be out for another month after that. Meanwhile Guitar Hero 4 is a bit over a month off (October 26rd) on all platforms.

So going off of the Wii release:

Rock Band 2 = More songs on disc, professionally done downloadable content that you have to pay for, later release date.
Guitar Hero 4 = Less songs on disc, user made downloadable content for free, comes out sooner.

Personally I prefer Rock Band 2, but that's probably just because I've already downloaded shittons of songs for the first one.

To live by the sword is to die by the sword.
Honor those who honor thee, be merciful to those who show thee mercy.
To those who offend thee and thine, show no mercy.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: