EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Tales of Vesperia
Nina
posted 08-31-2008 08:07:13 PM
Is dis game worth playing, or is it just another faggoty JRPG
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 08-31-2008 08:12:29 PM
It's a faggoty jrpg but I'm having fun with it

If you enjoyed Eternal Sonata you might enjoy this

Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-31-2008 08:13:08 PM
Eternal Sonata was terrible.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 08-31-2008 08:14:38 PM
I really enjoyed it for what it was
Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-31-2008 08:17:43 PM
quote:
Kegwen had this to say about Optimus Prime:
I really enjoyed it for what it was

A ham-fisted commentary on the evils of humanity as told by anorexic androgynous teenagers and the obligatory pedobait character in which vague cliches of Robin Hoodery are heaped hand over fist upon an already pretentious diatribe, like every other JRPG except this one has a dead composer?

Maradon!
posted 08-31-2008 08:21:40 PM
Eternal Sonata was written by a Dr. Pritchett.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 08-31-2008 08:26:02 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan probably says this to all the girls:
A ham-fisted commentary on the evils of humanity as told by anorexic androgynous teenagers and the obligatory pedobait character in which vague cliches of Robin Hoodery are heaped hand over fist upon an already pretentious diatribe, like every other JRPG except this one has a dead composer?

yep

I don't really demand originality from my generic RPGs though so maybe I'm just easier to please

Kegwen fucked around with this message on 08-31-2008 at 08:26 PM.

Maradon!
posted 08-31-2008 08:33:43 PM
Blue Dragon was a solid CRPG, but I absolutely could not stand it's shallow triteness.
Nina
posted 08-31-2008 08:36:04 PM
quote:
Maradon! painfully thought these words up:
Blue Dragon was a solid CRPG, but I absolutely could not stand it's shallow triteness.

Blue Dragon is the game that singlehandedly and utterly murdered most of the enthusiasm I ever had for JRPGs.

I haven't yet tried Lost Odyssey, but it looks a lot better than most animu style JRPGs, and infinitely better than Blue Dragon's horrendously obnoxious style.

Nina fucked around with this message on 08-31-2008 at 08:37 PM.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 08-31-2008 08:37:44 PM
I couldn't even finish the demo of Blue Dragon but I managed to enjoy Eternal Sonata

welp

Maradon!
posted 08-31-2008 08:53:08 PM
I sometimes have dreams of murdering that little yellow bat kid while that "this is tha begiiining" boss song plays
Arttemis
Not Squire... but a guitar!
posted 08-31-2008 09:09:52 PM
quote:
Nina had this to say about pies:
Blue Dragon is the game that singlehandedly and utterly murdered most of the enthusiasm I ever had for JRPGs.

I haven't yet tried Lost Odyssey, but it looks a lot better than most animu style JRPGs, and infinitely better than Blue Dragon's horrendously obnoxious style.

DON'T DO IT

Lost Odyssey was awful. One of the few games I couldn't bring myself to complete.

EDIT: And I like JRPGs.

Arttemis fucked around with this message on 08-31-2008 at 09:10 PM.

Skaw
posted 08-31-2008 10:28:00 PM
Is it as good as Symphonia? I mean, dog ninjas that smoke pipes are an awesome character design, but hows the story?
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 08-31-2008 11:02:49 PM
quote:
Skaw enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Is it as good as Symphonia? I mean, dog ninjas that smoke pipes are an awesome character design, but hows the story?

from what I am hearing, it is better than Symphonia, and the characters are more 'badass'

Note I have no opinion other than the thread on SA at this point.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-01-2008 12:15:40 AM
I'd be willing to endure a good long RPG if the combat was decent.
Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 09-01-2008 12:20:43 AM
You've heard about Dragon Age coming from Bioware right? Basically a Baldur's Gate successor.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-01-2008 12:52:47 AM
quote:
Dr. Gee probably says this to all the girls:
You've heard about Dragon Age coming from Bioware right? Basically a Baldur's Gate successor.

I seen it. More "fantasy" that takes place between the time when Medieval England was established and when Orcs came from whatever their origins are this time.

Too bad. Icewind Dale, I still defend, was the greatest RPG of all.

Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 09-01-2008 01:10:15 AM
It'd be nice for a different setting, but I'll take what I can get on the CRPG front. Something in an Arcanum like setting would be delicious.
nem-x
posted 09-01-2008 03:55:01 AM
Eternal Sonata was pretty poo
Lost Odyssey was ok
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 09-01-2008 05:05:01 AM
quote:
Arttemis said:
DON'T DO IT

Lost Odyssey was awful. One of the few games I couldn't bring myself to complete.

EDIT: And I like JRPGs.

Lies. This is bad and you should feel bad.

I loved it.

Nina
posted 09-02-2008 07:38:13 PM
Okay, I'm going to file this one under "complete faggotry".

quote:
Title: Tales of Vesperia

Content: Free Gel Set
Price: Free
Availability: Asia, Canada, and United States
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen)] An introductory free download. A set of Gels that will come in handy during early stages of the game. *This can only be purchased once.

Content: Trial Skill Pack: Estelle
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen)] Skills for Estelle. Will learn: Defend, Resist, Recover, Item Thrower, Backstep and EXP Share.

Content: Trial Skill Pack: Yuri
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen)] Skills for Yuri. Will learn: Strength, Vitality, Recover, Item Thrower, Backstep and EXP Share.

Content: Trial Synthesis Kit
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen)] A pack with synthesis material. This is a trial package. (Medical Herb, Soul Grass, Gel Base, Magic Resin) x 10 *This can only be purchased once.

Free stuff? okay, cool...

oh wait

quote:
Content: Recipe Set: Parameter Boost
Price: 100 Microsoft Points
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) Alcohol Reference, Fantasy Violence, Mild Blood, Mild Language, Suggestive Themes] If you need to boost your parameters, why don't you try these dishes? They come with the ingredients too. (Salisbury Steak, Pork Stew, Kebab Sandwich, Sukiyaki, Fish with Miso Sauce, Sashimi, Seafood Bowl, Sushi, Fried Chicken and Fries, Scottish Egg, Croquette, Okonomiyaki, Tempura, Minestrone Soup, Miso Soup, Clam Chowder, Vichyssoise, Pork Miso Soup, Salad, Japanese Stew, Vegetable Stir Fry, Soup Noodles) *Can also be obtained in the game. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: Camping Kit
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) Alcohol Reference, Fantasy Violence, Mild Blood, Mild Language, Suggestive Themes] A pack of camping items. It doesn't only recover your health but...?! *Can also be obtained in the game. *This can only be purchased once. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: Recipe Set: HP Recovery
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) Alcohol Reference, Fantasy Violence, Mild Blood, Mild Language, Suggestive Themes] Recipes for nutritious good food. These recipes will restore your HP! They come with the ingredients too. (Sandwich, Rice Ball, Beef Bowl, Omelette Rice, Curry, Meat Sauce, Cream Stew, Udon Noodles Hot Pot) *Can also be obtained in the game. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: Trial Skill Pack: Judith
Price: 80 Microsoft Points
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) Alcohol Reference, Fantasy Violence, Mild Blood, Mild Language, Suggestive Themes] Skills for Judith. Will learn: Resist, Spirits, Taunt 2, Item Thrower, Spear Master and EXP Share. *Can also be obtained in the game. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: Trial Skill Pack: Raven
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) Alcohol Reference, Fantasy Violence, Mild Blood, Mild Language, Suggestive Themes] Skills for Raven. Will learn: Spirits, Evade, Item Thrower, Roll, Taunt and EXP Share. *Can also be obtained in the game. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: Trial Skill Pack: Karol
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) Alcohol Reference, Fantasy Violence, Mild Blood, Mild Language, Suggestive Themes] Skills for Karol. Will learn: Strength, Recover, Item Thrower, Backstep, Critical and EXP Share. *Can also be obtained in the game. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: Lv. UP + 10 (1)
Price: 300 Microsoft Points
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) Alcohol Reference, Fantasy Violence, Mild Blood, Mild Language, Suggestive Themes] All members: Lv. + 10 (Max 200) *This can only be purchased once. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: Trial Skill Pack: Rita
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) Alcohol Reference, Fantasy Violence, Mild Blood, Mild Language, Suggestive Themes] Skills for Rita. Will learn: Defend, Recover, Item Thrower, Backstep, Critical Guard and EXP Share. *Can also be obtained in the game. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: Lv. UP + 5 (1)
Price: 200 Microsoft Points
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) Alcohol Reference, Fantasy Violence, Mild Blood, Mild Language, Suggestive Themes] All members: Lv. + 5 (Max 200) *This can only be purchased once. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: 300,000 Gald (1)
Price: 300 Microsoft Points
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) Alcohol Reference, Fantasy Violence, Mild Blood, Mild Language, Suggestive Themes] Obtain 300,000 Gald. *This can only be purchased once. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: Synthesis Kit: Lv. 1
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) Alcohol Reference, Fantasy Violence, Mild Blood, Mild Language, Suggestive Themes] A pack with synthesis material. 10 of each for 22 kinds of synthesis material. (Naevimetal, Sharp Blade, Grimoire Page, Broken Dagger, Solid Thorn, Demon Bone, Filifolia Leaf, Red Lens, Mystic Cloth, Hoof, Rhino Horn, Tough Leather, Crab Shell, Strong Vine, Ape Man Coat, Acorn Helmet, Spirit Fragment, Aphid, Tolbyccian Water, Tolbyccian Fish, Tortoise Shell, Blastium Ore) x 10 *Can also be obtained in the game. *This can only be purchased once. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: Gel Set
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) Alcohol Reference, Fantasy Violence, Mild Blood, Mild Language, Suggestive Themes] A set of every kind of Gel. (Apple Gel, Lemon Gel) x 15 (Orange Gel, Pineapple Gel, Melange Gel) x 10 (Miracle Gel, Specific, Treat, Special Gel, Lottery Gel) x 5 *Can also be obtained in the game. *This can only be purchased once. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: Lv. UP + 5 (2)
Price: 200 Microsoft Points
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) Alcohol Reference, Fantasy Violence, Mild Blood, Mild Language, Suggestive Themes] All members: Lv. + 5 (Max 200) *This can only be purchased once. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: Trial Skill Pack: Repede
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) Alcohol Reference, Fantasy Violence, Mild Blood, Mild Language, Suggestive Themes] Skills for Repede. Will learn: Defend, Evade, Recover, Item Thrower, Backstep, and EXP Share. *Can also be obtained in the game. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

HALP ME LEVEL MY CHARACTAR :psyduck:

Nina fucked around with this message on 09-02-2008 at 07:38 PM.

Maradon!
posted 09-02-2008 07:48:25 PM
Hahaha what!? They let you buy levels and gold?

Haha I hope that doesn't become a trend

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 09-02-2008 07:50:11 PM
if someone will pay for it then why not

Not like it's necessary to play the game

nem-x
posted 09-02-2008 07:56:57 PM
Well they are usually included in the game as cheat codes
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 09-02-2008 08:01:44 PM
I can't recall a single JRPG that has a +gold or +level cheatcode without a third party peripheral
Maradon!
posted 09-02-2008 08:10:23 PM
Eh yeah, in a noncompetitive game then I guess I can see how it's acceptable.
sarahtastic
Pancake
posted 09-03-2008 01:26:53 AM
i tried 2 play halo once but it was 2 hard lol!!! video games are cool but id rather go out w/ my girls lol!
hay guys ;) lol
Nina
posted 09-03-2008 03:47:44 AM
quote:
Maradon! thought about the meaning of life:
Eh yeah, in a noncompetitive game then I guess I can see how it's acceptable.

It only makes using this DLC all the more pathetic. Even Mightion wouldn't stoop that low.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: