EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Let's post our favourite CGI game movies.
Captain Tarquinn
Don't Ask
posted 08-29-2008 05:52:50 PM
Intros, cutscenes, trailers, whatever.

I'll start.

World in Conflict

Mechwarrior 2 - a real classic

And pretty much all Warhammer (40k) movies so far, especially

Mark of Chaos

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-29-2008 06:35:53 PM
Jargum
Doughnut
posted 08-30-2008 12:43:39 AM
quote:
Captain Tarquinn got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
World in Conflict

World in Conflict: Soviet Assualt trailer.

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 08-30-2008 12:58:18 AM
Freelancer
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
david40k
Pancake
posted 08-30-2008 02:19:57 AM
Captain Tarquinn
Don't Ask
posted 08-30-2008 04:08:48 AM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Jargum!
World in Conflict: Soviet Assualt trailer.

Not as good as the first one, but damn, they make good movies.

quote:
This one time, at david40k camp:

Homeworld Ending Credits

Stylish. I think we need more actual songs in games. The Mass Effect ending song was nice too.
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
Nina
posted 08-30-2008 04:46:00 AM
This is incredibly sappy of me, and admitting it makes me feel like some silly 14 year old anime fangirl, but I've always loved this particular scene. *sighs dreamily*

Nina fucked around with this message on 08-30-2008 at 04:50 AM.

Maradon!
posted 08-30-2008 06:27:03 AM
quote:
Ninaing:
This is incredibly sappy of me, and admitting it makes me feel like some silly 14 year old anime fangirl, but I've always loved this particular scene. *sighs dreamily*

Naw that's totally cool man, I felt that too.

Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 08-30-2008 06:31:07 AM
quote:
Nina stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:

Boy. Fanboy.

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 08-30-2008 09:03:55 AM
Without good, no evil. Without want, no lack. Without desire, no need.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Anakha's Wii
Pancake
posted 08-30-2008 12:25:36 PM
If I take the time to explain, we'll both be parking lot pizza.
"From the depths of my parent's basement, thy has truly struck a blow for nonconformity."
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 08-30-2008 02:11:25 PM
Oh hay...
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Anklebiter, again.
Pancake
posted 08-30-2008 03:00:30 PM
I liked the Alpha Centauri game, even if it was just for the nifty cutscenes from completing a research project.
Talonus
Loner
posted 08-30-2008 03:45:44 PM
Can't have one of these threads without the classic Quake 2 into.
Sentow, I Guess
Pancake
posted 08-30-2008 05:23:00 PM
Kaius
Pancake
posted 08-31-2008 08:28:37 AM
Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 08-31-2008 02:24:25 PM
If only Amy Hennig would finish the series.

Also, when was Quake 2 released? I never played it, but the intro seems very similar to an episode of Reboot (the first episode, I think).

Steven Steve
posted 08-31-2008 05:18:43 PM
Christmas 1997, if I remember correctly
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-31-2008 05:39:12 PM
quote:
Tegadil said:
If only Amy Hennig would finish the series.

God yes, it would only take one more game too. It's almost all wrapped up.

To make such awesome games with a great story then just leave it hanging..

nem-x
posted 08-31-2008 06:36:31 PM
Maradon!
posted 08-31-2008 06:57:59 PM
The Legacy of Kain series seems to be one of those major landmarks in gaming that I completely missed out on.
nem-x
posted 08-31-2008 07:00:00 PM
I bought the first one and played like 20 minutes of it before never playing it again
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-31-2008 07:27:38 PM
I never played the first one, played it from Soul Reaver onwards. That's when it got good, apparently. I enjoyed all the games. Blood Omen was a bit meh but it cleared up a lot about the storyline.

The only bit it hasn't explained is the motive behind the machinations of the elder god who tricked the ancient vampires into worshipping him and started the war between them and the other guys whom eventually cursed them with the blood hunger.

The guy who did the awesome voice of the elder god died though. He was a crazy-good voice actor.

Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 08-31-2008 07:40:25 PM
quote:
Mortious probably says this to all the girls:
I never played the first one, played it from Soul Reaver onwards. That's when it got good, apparently. I enjoyed all the games. Blood Omen was a bit meh but it cleared up a lot about the storyline.

The only bit it hasn't explained is the motive behind the machinations of the elder god who tricked the ancient vampires into worshipping him and started the war between them and the other guys whom eventually cursed them with the blood hunger.

The guy who did the awesome voice of the elder god died though. He was a crazy-good voice actor.

Yeah, you can pick up pretty easily from Soul Reaver. I think most of the important details from Blood Omen get filled in as you go, so all you really miss are neat throwbacks in Soul Reaver 2.

And you can skip Blood Omen 2 altogether, it's an alternate timeline version of the world set a few centuries in the future. It brings very little to the storyline overall and it's a pretty bad game to boot.

Sucks that Tony Jay died. His voice made me giddy like a schoolgirl

Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 09-02-2008 06:14:43 AM
quote:
Mortious impressed everyone with:

I played one Soul Reaver game but I forget which one it was. It was pretty cool and at the end one of the dudes had to die but the other one refuses to do it or something. So he tricked him into doing it by possessing the final bosses body or something. It was pretty cool.

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent.
sarahtastic
Pancake
posted 09-03-2008 01:29:55 AM
game movies? like tomb raider? i saw that a long tiem ago i luv angelina jolie she is so hot!!!! i should go as the tomb raider girl for halloween that would b so hottt!!!!!lol!
hay guys ;) lol
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: